PDA

View Full Version : More crying about AJ

chaerulez
07-10-2006, 10:14 AM
ESPN, more specifically cold pizza is trying to stir up some unprovoked controversy about AJ. About his slide into Alex Gonzalez in the 11th. Saying he slid off the baseline and then according to Skip Clueless, "Grabbed him by the belt and took him down."

Surprisingly Woody Paige was the rational person in this topic as he pointed out it looks like AJ inadvertly touched him and it was after the throw anyway. Skip still cries about it saying AJ's actions should've gotten an interference call. What I saw was a guy trying to play hard and break up a double play. Players always slide out of the baseline to break up double plays. Then again none of us here are surprised at the crap ESPN pulls when it involves their dear and beloved Yankees or Red Sox.

hi im skot
07-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Shocking.

But, um...what's the score, man?

Lip Man 1
Chaer:

Two questions:

Why are you watching ESPN in the first place?

Why do you let what they say bother you in the slightest?

Lip

Mr.1Dog
No love for Cintron's hustle?

Uncle_Patrick
07-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I saw this on the MLB boards today. The Red Sox fans were really crying about it. Considering the quality of posters there, I figured it was something they made up, especially since I didn't see it mentioned on any other Red Sox boards.

It seems we've reached the point that AJ is always somehow wrong no matter what the situation is.

0o0o0
07-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Some jackass on Sportscenter mentioned this too. But didn't mention that it was after the throw of course. :rolleyes:

WisSoxFan
07-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Just went to the Sons of Sam Horn board and took a quick glance at the game article in the Globe and there was no mention of this by anyone one the board, the Red Sox players or Globe writer. Looks like it's a completely ESPN created "controversy'.

SoxFan78
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Are any of those guys crying about the huge strike zone that Schilling was getting over Contreas?

I didn't think so.

peeonwrigley
07-10-2006, 10:53 AM
I was a little surprised more wasn't made of the slide during the broadcast. AJ delivered a solid take out slide and Hawk/DJ gave him no love for it.

Whether or not he was within reach of the base (I think thats the rule of thumb for interference) I don't know. It looked close.

Ol' No. 2
07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I was a little surprised more wasn't made of the slide during the broadcast. AJ delivered a solid take out slide and Hawk/DJ gave him no love for it.

Whether or not he was within reach of the base (I think thats the rule of thumb for interference) I don't know. It looked close.He looked within reach to me, but it doesn't really matter since the contact was after the throw. You can't call interference because Gonzalez flinched when he saw him coming.

MrRoboto83
07-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Surprising on the Fox telecast on Saturday, both Buck and McCarver said AJ deserved to be an All-Star..

WizardsofOzzie
07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I think they are finally coming to the realization that one or *gulp* both of their precious east coast teams aren't going to be in the playoffs!!:whiner:

CaptainBallz
07-10-2006, 11:21 AM
It seems we've reached the point that AJ is always somehow wrong no matter what the situation is.

That point was reached when he got sucker punched and was actually blamed for it by certain "fans".

What a stupid play to nitpick. Great slide to break up the DP and great hustle by Cintron. Runs scores, Game tied, Move on.... The game should've been over before that anyway.

SoxSpeed22
07-10-2006, 12:33 PM
What do you know, Skip Bayless doesn't know what he's talking about. Something tells me that's like time moving forward at a constant rate.

SBSoxFan
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
What do you know, Skip Bayless doesn't know what he's talking about. Something tells me that's like time moving forward at a constant rate.

But time actually slows down as speed increases. :redneck

thomas35forever
07-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I saw that too. I thought it was complete bull****.

One other thing about the other two guys. You guys think Bayliss wants the Red Sox to win their division? You might want to rethink that considering what paper he used to work for.

TDog
07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I think they are finally coming to the realization that one or *gulp* both of their precious east coast teams aren't going to be in the playoffs!!:whiner:

When Toronto passes the Yankees, some of the heat will come off the White Sox.