PDA

View Full Version : Best place for jerseys?

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 08:09 AM
Anyone know of a good place beside Comiskey? I'm looking for old uni's Red Pin Stripes and 1917. I know you can find what you want at Comiskey or Grand stand for 150.00- 180.00. Just wondering if there are cheaper places out there with a good selection.

irish rover
02-14-2002, 08:32 AM
If you don't mind going up there, there is a place across from the cesspool on addison that has the 1917's cheaper they have a web site too. I think it is Wrigleyville sports

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
If you don't mind going up there, there is a place across from the cesspool on addison that has the 1917's cheaper they have a web site too. I think it is Wrigleyville sports

Thanx. I'll check it out. It will be tought though. North side. yuk! It's like going to Wisconsin for me. I have no idea where i 'm going. It's almost like anotehr state. That's how often I go there. lol

nut_stock
02-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by irish rover

I bought a Sox jersey from that store a few years back. (before I had internet) They were about $20 cheaper than Comiskey and $5-10 less than Grandstands.

Keep an eye on EBAY for the 1917 jersey. I've seen them listed before.

Foulke You
02-14-2002, 02:52 PM
I get all my jerseys from Grandstand's at 35th and Wallace right near Comiskey. Family owned, great service, and they even do mail orders. They also get new Sox merchandise before other stores. They were the only ones that I knew of even selling the Sox hats with the American flags on the side. Keep the money on the south side guys. Let the Flub fans support the stores on Addison.

voodoochile
02-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I get all my jerseys from Grandstand's at 35th and Wallace right near Comiskey. Family owned, great service, and they even do mail orders. They also get new Sox merchandise before other stores. They were the only ones that I knew of even selling the Sox hats with the American flags on the side. Keep the money on the south side guys. Let the Flub fans support the stores on Addison.

If you are going to go that far, why not take it a step further and buy all your apparell at the ballpark? Thus all the profits will go to the Sox which will in turn give them money to field a better team - at least in theory.

I normally wait until after the 7th and only if the Sox are winning, but that is just my own silly superstition...

MarqSox
02-14-2002, 04:58 PM
As a part-time employee of the White Sox retail division, I can tell you that they mark stuff up 400 to 500 percent on a fairly regular basis. It's disgusting.

foulkesfan11
02-14-2002, 10:34 PM
Grandstand does have friendly people there and some things that are hard to find elsewhere, however, they have the highest prices I've seen anywhere!

Pete_SSAC
02-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Would it be a good idea to get them from MLB.com?

I'm looking to pick one up, fairly cheap. It's about damn time I do.

- Pete

foulkesfan11
02-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Depending on where you live, sometimes you can find them on sale in a Mall. I got my sister a Sox jersey for pretty cheap at a shoe store!

Pete_SSAC
02-14-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Depending on where you live, sometimes you can find them on sale in a Mall. I got my sister a Sox jersey for pretty cheap at a shoe store!

There's a sport clothing place at my local mall, but all they had at the time was blank ones, or Ray Ray, which no offense to Ray, but I can think of better players I want on my back.

They did have a #35 Thomas uni, but it was of the A-Train type.

- Pete, who would get an A-train jersey too, if he had the cash.