PDA

View Full Version : Fox Game Sat In Hd

kruzer31
07-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Did anyone notice that the picture was really bad when the camera from center was used showing the pitches. When the other cameras were cut in that zoomed on players or the crowd the HD was fine. I thought it was my TV but every other HD Channel was crystal clear as well as todays game on Comcast. Fox truley needs to fix this.

kruze

DC Sox Fan
07-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I also noticed this... and since it was the first time I got to watch the Sox in HD on my new TV, I was especially peeved. Also, the little "Green screen" towards the 1B side of Home, where Fox places various ads throughout the game, looked terrible. The ad would stay still while the screen moved, or vice versa. Saw today's game on INHD (comcast feed) and it was 139048209348 times better.

SpartanSoxFan
07-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a Fox-only problem. I noticed the picture quality in general on all Fox-HD baseball broadcasts is noticeably fuzzier than Comcast or WGN. Not sure why this is. It is noticeable not only with the Sox game but other teams' games as well.

dpbyron
07-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Fenway can probably confirm this, but I believe that Fox broadcast regular season games in "Enhanced Definition", which is only 480p, thus the crap picture...

cbotnyse
07-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Fenway can probably confirm this, but I believe that Fox broadcast regular season games in "Enhanced Definition", which is only 480p, thus the crap picture...I'm not sure if this is true, but that would explain it......I actually think WGN has the best HD. too bad I only see it a few times a year.

Edward
07-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Baseball on Fox is not HD, it's EDTV (480P).

Here's a list of shows that are in HD from Fox:

Fox (HD) -

Prime Time Shows - 24, American Idol, Arrested Development, Bernie Mac, Bones, House, Killer Instinct, Kitchen Confidential, The Loop, Malcolm in the Middle, The O.C., Prison Break, Stacked, The War at Home

Morning / Late night - Fox News Sunday

Sports - NFL football (select games); MLB baseball (All-Star Game, Playoffs, World Series), NASCAR

Resolution: 720p

cbotnyse
07-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Baseball on Fox is not HD, it's EDTV (480P).

Here's a list of shows that are in HD from Fox:

Fox (HD) -

Prime Time Shows - 24, American Idol, Arrested Development, Bernie Mac, Bones, House, Killer Instinct, Kitchen Confidential, The Loop, Malcolm in the Middle, The O.C., Prison Break, Stacked, The War at Home

Morning / Late night - Fox News Sunday

Sports - NFL football (select games); MLB baseball (All-Star Game, Playoffs, World Series), NASCAR

Resolution: 720pits gotta be 1080i as well, shows like AI, and the playoffs sure looked pretty good.

Mr.Creosote
07-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Fox's pretend HD NFL games are shaky as well. We turned the big-screen off and turned it on in the garage while washing the cars.

Edward
07-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Fox's pretend HD NFL games are shaky as well. We turned the big-screen off and turned it on in the garage while washing the cars.

Yeah I can't stand their Football Broadcasts. I love when the Bears play a AFC team because then I can tune into CBS's crystal clear HD.

NDSox12
07-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I thought the picture quality was awful on Saturday as well... and I don't have HD. I just assumed it was a crappy feed from my local Fox affiliate, but maybe not.

SpartanSoxFan
07-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Are the Fox broadcasts really 480p??? I assumed they were at least 720p because they are shown in full widescreen (16:9).

Chicken Dinner
07-10-2006, 12:25 AM
**** FOX:angry:

HotelWhiteSox
07-10-2006, 12:26 AM
FOX only does HD for the ASG and playoffs. The Saturday games of the weeks are just Widescreen SD and just end up looking bad. Similar to Sox games on the road on CSN