PDA

View Full Version : T-dub Over night on the score.

RedPinStripes
02-13-2002, 11:58 PM
I get to listen to him a little bit around 1-1:30 on my lunch at work. Is it me? Or is that Sox hate radio? I can't even count all the Sox haters that call up there and Bash the Sox. And they call us hateful toward the cubs. HAAAAAAAAAAAA. F'n losers.

GASHWOUND
02-14-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I get to listen to him a little bit around 1-1:30 on my lunch at work. Is it me? Or is that Sox hate radio? I can't even count all the Sox haters that call up there and Bash the Sox. And they call us hateful toward the cubs. HAAAAAAAAAAAA. F'n losers.

Yep, but when you have the scrub fan producer, freedman or whatever his name is and Tommy who says he's not a cubs fan or a soxfan but we all know he likes the cubs more. I was listening to yesterdays show which was about the Sox and cubs and stuff and it was more obvious. First tdub and Freedman said they would take Sandberg over Frank Thomas which made me jump out of my bed. Than I heard one caller say that Comiskey is the worst stadium in BASEBALL he even tried making excuses when Tommy mentioned stadiums like the Twinkiedome and montreal and stuff. Than one guy said Comiskey opened in '93 when Tommy was talking about how Comiskey was built before all the retro styled ballparks started being built. I was trying to fall asleep and call after call kept pissing me off and keeping me up. Someone needs tobitch slap that producer, little punk that guy is.

Bmr31
02-14-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Yep, but when you have the scrub fan producer, freedman or whatever his name is and Tommy who says he's not a cubs fan or a soxfan but we all know he likes the cubs more. I was listening to yesterdays show which was about the Sox and cubs and stuff and it was more obvious. First tdub and Freedman said they would take Sandberg over Frank Thomas which made me jump out of my bed. Than I heard one caller say that Comiskey is the worst stadium in BASEBALL he even tried making excuses when Tommy mentioned stadiums like the Twinkiedome and montreal and stuff. Than one guy said Comiskey opened in '93 when Tommy was talking about how Comiskey was built before all the retro styled ballparks started being built. I was trying to fall asleep and call after call kept pissing me off and keeping me up. Someone needs tobitch slap that producer, little punk that guy is.

I miss the days of being able to listen to talk radio in chicago. On the other hand, i dont miss teh snow and cold! :gulp:

WinningUgly!
02-14-2002, 01:41 AM

Tommy Williams doesn't have a clue! How can this guy still have a friggin' radio gig? It's a mystery to me, how the microphone even picks up his voice with his head burried that far up his...............orifice.

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 05:06 AM

I heard most of what you are talking about. It's pretty disgusting too. At least Bores and Bernstien are Sox fans.

Comiskey opened in 93'? LOL
Sandburg over Thomas? Why? Did Tommy and Freedman share Sandburg's wife with Palmeiro too? (ok, That was low.)

I've emailed his show a few times before i go to work and I sign it as RedPinStripes. No one has ever said they heard about an email from me if I missed it and I never heard him read mine. Freedman is an arrogant little prick. I can't wait till i get off this shift so I'm sleeping when these to cub lovers are on radio waves.

I've emailed the banwagon jumping wannabe 16" sofball player Mike North too. Same deal. Never read one of them when I tell him to stay off the Sox bandwagon when the cubs fail.When I listen to the radio in the afternoon, I can't wait till 3:00 when McNiel gets on the air. I can't even listen to North anymore. It's like listening to Man Cow. The Score really sucks to me after 11am.

LongDistanceFan
02-14-2002, 05:31 AM

you go.............. i like it............

duke of dorwood
02-14-2002, 07:57 AM
No one on 670 has a clue. It's mostly commercials anyway, and maybe thats good when you consider who is allowed to have microphones. I long for the days when "sportstalk" was the Sportswriters show on Sunday afternoons on WGN. That's all I ever needed and need now. Broadcast the games, post-game shows, and shut-up. No other big city would carry a guy that cant talk like Williams, and the other minor league "talent" they have.

Procol Harum
02-14-2002, 10:02 AM

I heard most of what you are talking about. It's pretty disgusting too. At least Bores and Bernstien are Sox fans.

I can't wait till 3:00 when McNiel gets on the air. I can't even listen to North anymore. It's like listening to Man Cow. The Score really sucks to me after 11am.

Boers & Bernstein admittedly can be very funny at times but, Sox fans or no, they are SO pompous, arrogant and self-absorbed that I can't stand them together. Bernstein by himself is a little easier to handle. As for McNeill, I was so tired of his "get a plan" shtick and his blame-Sox-fans-for-not-wanting-to-kiss-Jerry-Reinsdorf's-hindmost-parts-and click-thru-the-turnstiles-at-a-three-million-pace- attitude in the wake of the White Flag Trade and dismal years of 98 and 99 that I am well content to never hear him again.

My favorite guy on the Score now is easily J. Hood from 8-midnight (when they don't have stinkin' hockey or Illini or DePaul b-ball games on--or now Olympic reports)--he's a Sox guy.

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Boers & Bernstein admittedly can be very funny at times but, Sox fans or no, they are SO pompous, arrogant and self-absorbed that I can't stand them together. Bernstein by himself is a little easier to handle. As for McNeill, I was so tired of his "get a plan" shtick and his blame-Sox-fans-for-not-wanting-to-kiss-Jerry-Reinsdorf's-hindmost-parts-and click-thru-the-turnstiles-at-a-three-million-pace- attitude in the wake of the White Flag Trade and dismal years of 98 and 99 that I am well content to never hear him again.

My favorite guy on the Score now is easily J. Hood from 8-midnight (when they don't have stinkin' hockey or Illini or DePaul b-ball games on--or now Olympic reports)--he's a Sox guy.

Woah! I can'r argue those points. I do like McNeil though. It sucks that there is not a good selection of sports radio shows. 820 is aweful. I won't even tune into any time it becaue Farriotti broadcasts from there. Kind of funny. If you listen to his show for 5 minutes, he's the exact person you would expect him to be by reading his crappy column.

Kilroy
02-14-2002, 10:44 AM

Woah! I can'r argue those points. I do like McNeil though. It sucks that there is not a good selection of sports radio shows. 820 is aweful. I won't even tune into any time it becaue Farriotti broadcasts from there. Kind of funny. If you listen to his show for 5 minutes, he's the exact person you would expect him to be by reading his crappy column.

I hated McNeil when he was w/ Boers, I hated him when he was w/ Jiggetts. Now that he's w/ Harry and Jurko, I really like listening to him, along with those two.

I tried listening to 820 in the morning because Score refugee Jim Memolo is on. I used to love him and Tom Schaer on Score mornings years ago, and then when Memolo was on mornings and weekends w/ Buffone. His show on 820 blows. Every now and again I'll check in w/ 820 in the afternoon because of Papa Joe, but he more or less sux too. And I'd cut off my own nuts before I tuned in to Mariotti's show.

BTW, I've heard rumors that ESPN is supposed to be looking at getting more local programming on, possibly including Les Grobstien, but nothing definite yet. They could get rid of Dan Patrick and Tony Cornheiser any time they want to. I won't be upset about that. Getting the Grobber back on would be good even tho he's a Cub fan.

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

And I'd cut off my own nuts before I tuned in to Mariotti's show.

*****!

duke of dorwood
02-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Yeah, ESPN was pleased with the feedback on the local "Breakfast with the Bears" shows and more local programming is in the offing. But really, who they gonna get? The Grobber would be Ok, but do you all have any suggestions?