PDA

View Full Version : I must agree with Baseball Prospectus...

Tragg
02-13-2002, 10:46 PM
on this - what is the point of playing alomar and clayton. Johnson and Valentin are better and isn't it time for crede to play. Okay, some (manuel I guess) like clayton because he doesn't make erros. But Alomar? What is his purpose on the roster?

And then, Kenny Williams, go out and get us a real shortstop!!

If 2003 is the year ("the year" is constantly pushed back for the Sox), then we better get some help up the middle. Trade some pitching before it rots on the vine for a young shortstop. Alomar, Clayton and Lofton are about as bad as you get in major league baseball. And while I like Valentin, he's not world series material.

Bmr31
02-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
on this - what is the point of playing alomar and clayton. Johnson and Valentin are better and isn't it time for crede to play. Okay, some (manuel I guess) like clayton because he doesn't make erros. But Alomar? What is his purpose on the roster?

And then, Kenny Williams, go out and get us a real shortstop!!

If 2003 is the year ("the year" is constantly pushed back for the Sox), then we better get some help up the middle. Trade some pitching before it rots on the vine for a young shortstop. Alomar, Clayton and Lofton are about as bad as you get in major league baseball. And while I like Valentin, he's not world series material.

THose 3 combined, yeah thats awful. Ive been preaching this for over a year. We WILL NOT win or get to a world series with either clayton or valentin at SS. I like the addition of lofton for a year but our catching position is a major problem too.

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 05:11 AM
:crede
"I'm not getting any younger here!"

kermittheefrog
02-14-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

So who IS World Series material? Tony Womack?

FarWestChicago
02-14-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

So who IS World Series material? Tony Womack? LOL!! You have a good point there. Pay-Rod and Nomahhh don't have a lot of rings between them. :smile:

RichH55
02-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

So who IS World Series material? Tony Womack?

LMAO.........there is no checklist for a world series winner......though strong strong pitching is always a good way to go....and arent many of the guys who are anti-Manos or at least for the "Choice" ..critical of Jeter's D? Who do you want out there?