PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Wants Pitching?

Lip Man 1
07-09-2006, 12:14 AM
From Van Dyky's Tribune story:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060708soxbits,1,655673.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

oeo
07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
The last thing I thought they would need at the deadline was pitching. I still think the rotation is going to turn around, but you can never have enough. Who would they be looking to pick up?

Beer Can Chicken
07-09-2006, 12:29 AM
From Van Dyky's Tribune story:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060708soxbits,1,655673.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

Dark cloud!! There is nothing wrong with the pitching. <- please teal

Twins Win
07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
You guys can have Silva and Lohse for a bag of groceries. Then we might have a chance to catch you.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-09-2006, 12:41 AM
You guys can have Silva and Lohse for a bag of groceries. Then we might have a chance to catch you.

:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

peeonwrigley
07-09-2006, 02:34 AM
:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

His comment was anything but trollish.

TDog
07-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Pitching is the most fragile aspect of a baseball team. The 1983 White Sox had an awesome pitching staff when they came together in the second half. The next year they added Tom Seaver, and Tom Seaver ended up being the only decent starter. No matter how much pitching you have, you always need more -- if not today or tomorrow, soon and for the rest of your life.

dickallen15
07-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Why do they need pitching? There's enough bodies. Coop can fix 'em.

SOXSINCE'70
07-09-2006, 07:53 AM

RIIIIIIGHT.And Nelly Furtado is coming to my house to cook me dinner
and give me the best sex i've ever had. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If your only intention is the knock the White Sox,
stay off this board,you ****ing :dtroll: :dtroll: !!

RowanDye
07-09-2006, 07:59 AM

Sounded more like a back-handed compliment to me...

kwolf68
07-09-2006, 08:04 AM
One of the rumors last winter was the Sox getting Erik Bedard...Wish we could have pulled that one off. Right now he is better than anything we got.

TornLabrum
07-09-2006, 08:11 AM
Why do they need pitching? There's enough bodies. Coop can fix 'em.

:tealtutor:

Brian26
07-09-2006, 09:17 AM
One of the rumors last winter was the Sox getting Erik Bedard...Wish we could have pulled that one off. Right now he is better than anything we got.

Better than anything we've got where? In the 5th spot? Bullpen?

The rumor was Garland for Bedard. Quite frankly, I rather have Garland. Bedard put up one good start against us and has looked mediocre for the rest of the season. Get a grip.

Brian26
07-09-2006, 09:20 AM

Twins Win actually was complimenting the Sox. If you look at his post history, he seems to have his act together.

CRAW
07-09-2006, 09:44 AM

"A back-handed compliment" and it was frinkin' hilarious! A bag of groceries! :rolling:

bigsqwert
07-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Wow. Get a clue.

SoxSideIrish
07-09-2006, 10:45 AM

Did you even read what he said? He wasn't even remotely close to being a troll. Either that, or I missed the part where he knocked the Sox.

FarWestChicago
07-09-2006, 10:48 AM
You guys can have Silva and Lohse for a bag of groceries. Then we might have a chance to catch you.:rolling:

Twins Win
07-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Some of you calling me a troll need to just look in the mirror to find one. Or is it one of those, he's a Twins fan he must be a troll?

Jjav829
07-09-2006, 11:41 AM

The rumor was Garland for Bedard. Quite frankly, I rather have Garland. Bedard put up one good start against us and has looked mediocre for the rest of the season. Get a grip.

He's been anything but mediocre lately. Bedard's last four starts - 4 W, 29 IP, 2 ER, 5 BB, 32 K. In fact, he's won his last five starts. Bedard had one bad month, May, where he had an ERA over 7. In April, Bedard was 4-1 with a 3.69 ERA. In June, Bedard was 3-2 with a 3.09 ERA. And thus far in July, Bedard is 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA.

Beautox
07-09-2006, 11:42 AM

ahh yes the classic "Zack Greinke" complex. Its symptomatic of when an young opposing pitcher, pitches well against the sox and everyone and their mother proclaims them the next cy young.

Jurr
07-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Something that can't be discounted is the fact that teams are actually gunning for the Sox this year. You don't think hitters are studying the Sox pitchers a little more in hopes of getting over on the World Champs?

It's easier for a pitcher to sneak up on teams when his baseball team is mired in third or fourth place. The fact that our pitchers have produced the wins that they have speaks volumes to the talent we've got.

That said, it would be nice to maybe get another right handed reliever to cover an injuries that could come our way. I absolutely love our starting rotation.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Another story on it with a different take. From the Sun-Times:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sside09.html

Lip