PDA

View Full Version : Stat Of The Day

Lip Man 1
07-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Considering the White Sox have one of the best home records in the major leagues since the start of the 2003 season...

And considering that in those three and a half seasons the Sox have had a 'winning' record every year (we're not talking the Triple A Royals here gang...)

The following stat borders on being unbelieveable.

From the start of the 2003 season through the end of Saturday's game, the Boston Red Sox have won 11 of 15 games vs. the White Sox IN CHICAGO.

The White Sox actually have had more success against these folks in Boston then in their own home park.

Perhaps someone out there can explain this...I sure can't, but I'm sick of it.

Lip

TheOldRoman
07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Help me out here, what was our home playoff record against them?

batmanZoSo
07-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Considering the White Sox have one of the best home records in the major leagues since the start of the 2003 season...

And considering that in those three and a half seasons the Sox have had a 'winning' record every year (we're not talking the Triple A Royals here gang...)

The following stat borders on being unbelieveable.

From the start of the 2003 season through the end of Saturday's game, the Boston Red Sox have won 11 of 15 games vs. the White Sox IN CHICAGO.

The White Sox actually have had more success against these folks in Boston then in their own home park.

Perhaps someone out there can explain this...I sure can't, but I'm sick of it.

Lip

Because the Red Sox play us tough that's why. Except when it counts.

They're a good team and we played like crap. As long as we can avoid the sweep, it's no big deal. You can't win every series. The break will be a welcome one. Then back to kicking ass in the second half.

MYBOYAJ
07-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Of all the teams I hate losing to, BOS and NY are tops. I hope they don't get swept!

Lip Man 1
07-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Roman:

I was referring to the regular season but even counting the playoffs it's still 11-6.

Considering how well the White Sox have played at home in the three and a half seasons, that's unreal.

Lip

TheOldRoman
07-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I think you should only look at 05 and 06. We simply were nowhere near the team we were in 05 the two previous years.
Last year we were 2-2 at home (4-2 counting the playoffs).
This year we are 0-2, after two horrible starting pitching performances, one bad bp outing, one horrible bullpen outing, and seemingly 100 times where our offense had an advantage and bailed Red Sox pitching out. We missed way too many opportunities. Our effort the last two days doesn't beat the Royals or Pirates, let alone the Red Sox.
We gave these two games away, today's in particular. We haven't done nearly as bad against Boston as we had with Oakland, and considering the ALDS, I wouldn't panic at all. Sometimes good teams can't beat other good (or slightly lesser) teams. For instance, I remember the Yankees absolutely owning the Indians in the mid-late 90s. However, all that goes out the window come playoff time.

oeo
07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't think these two losses have anything to do with who they're playing. They haven't played well (both pitching and hitting), in either game. The Sox are better than this, and it pisses me off that they're just rolling over for these guys. Hopefully Jose turns the tables tomorrow.