PDA

View Full Version : FOX Sucks!

Skates
07-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Once again I get shafted and the White Sox game will not be played on FOX, instead a couple hours later they will have Cardinals @ Astros.

And the worst part is it's blocked on MLB.tv!

MarySwiss
07-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Once again I get shafted and the White Sox game will not be played on FOX, instead a couple hours later they will have Cardinals @ Astros.

And the worst part is it's blocked on MLB.tv!
Well, I usually start this thread, but I figured it was someone else's turn. :cool:

Out here in the Grand Canyon State, we get Giants-Dodgers.

So once again, I will be glued to my computer, following the game on the gamethread in the Pick to Click Game Day forum. I suggest you do the same.

soxwon
07-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Simply Move Back To Chicago
Problem Solved.

Skates
07-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah I am in Albuquerque, NM this sucks! I will be back in the Chicago area in little over a month, damn internship!

I guess GameCast will be my best bet!

MarySwiss
07-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Simply Move Back To Chicago
Problem Solved.

I will, as soon as you guys get that weather fixed! :D:

cbotnyse
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
I will, as soon as you guys get that weather fixed! :D:7 day forecast...mid 80s and sunny :cool: hows AZ 120 or so?:tongue:

Skates
07-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Haha, the weather here has been unbelievable here all summer until now...

We are in the so called "Monsoon" season where they get their rainfall for the year!

MarySwiss
07-08-2006, 12:47 PM
7 day forcast...mid 80s and sunny :cool: hows AZ 120 or so?

Actually, I believe it's only about 105. Humid as hell though; at least 20%. But why should I care, when I'll be spending most of the day floating around in my swimming pool while sucking on a beer? :cool:

Anyway, let's touch bases again in February. :tongue:

markopat
07-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I will, as soon as you guys get that weather fixed! :D:

Jump in the Chat Room Mary...that's what I do...Darn good peeps in there!

markopat
07-08-2006, 01:06 PM
7 day forecast...mid 80s and sunny :cool: hows AZ 120 or so?:tongue:

Actually 106-108 all week...which is comparable to 88 in IL and 80% Humidity...It rocks out here right now! I'll take the dry heat any day!

lumpyspun
07-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Please, email Fox and MLB. I will be doing the same right now and will post my email on here in a few minutes. I email them everytime this happens, which has been about 4 times already this year. It won't change anything but at least we can clog up some inboxes.

Edit:

Here is my email:

MLB does not care about it's fans. The proof is every Saturday. MLB allows Fox to hoard every good game and then only show the games in certain regions. Do you have any idea what this does to fans of teams that don't live in that area? I pay roughly 160 dollars a year to watch the White Sox play on Extra Innings. It seems like just about every Saturday (including today) I get screwed b/c Fox broadcasts their games in three states in the midwest. Instead, in Seattle I get the Dodgers/Giants game. Do you know how many people in the state of Washington care about the Dodgers/Giants game? I'm the only one...and that is only b/c I am throwing stuff at my TV b/c I am so pissed that it is on. Thousands of fans across the country pay hard earned money for mlb.tv and Extra Innings and get screwed by MLB and FOX. It's the year 2006, with modern technology I should be able to get every single White Sox game on my TV (at a price) whether I am in Seattle or Baghdad. Make FOX pick one game a week and leave the rest of the games for Extra Innings and mlb.tv.

rowand33
07-08-2006, 01:11 PM
this is day TWO that I won't be seeing a nationally broadcast White Sox game,.

Yesterday it was on WCIU and ESPN and Champaign was blacked out from the ESPN broadcast even though we don't get WCIU (ridiculous).

Today, we get the god damned Cards on Fox.

Furious.

MrRoboto83
07-08-2006, 01:15 PM
this is day TWO that I won't be seeing a nationally broadcast White Sox game,.

Yesterday it was on WCIU and ESPN and Champaign was blacked out from the ESPN broadcast even though we don't get WCIU (ridiculous).

Today, we get the god damned Cards on Fox.

Furious.

It is just crazy that MLB is doing this to the fans. Makes zero sense.

markopat
07-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Please, email Fox and MLB. I will be doing the same right now and will post my email on here in a few minutes. I email them everytime this happens, which has been about 4 times already this year. It won't change anything but at least we can clog up some inboxes.

Edit:

Here is my email:

MLB does not care about it's fans. The proof is every Saturday. MLB allows Fox to hoard every good game and then only show the games in certain regions. Do you have any idea what this does to fans of teams that don't live in that area? I pay roughly 160 dollars a year to watch the White Sox play on Extra Innings. It seems like just about every Saturday (including today) I get screwed b/c Fox broadcasts their games in three states in the midwest. Instead, in Seattle I get the Dodgers/Giants game. Do you know how many people in the state of Washington care about the Dodgers/Giants game? I'm the only one...and that is only b/c I am throwing stuff at my TV b/c I am so pissed that it is on. Thousands of fans across the country pay hard earned money for mlb.tv and Extra Innings and get screwed by MLB and FOX. It's the year 2006, with modern technology I should be able to get every single White Sox game on my TV (at a price) whether I am in Seattle or Baghdad. Make FOX pick one game a week and leave the rest of the games for Extra Innings and mlb.tv.

Lumpy...Please post the E-Mail addresses that you used...let's flood their inbox!

Skates
07-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Too bad I didn't know last night's game was on ESPN! :(

lumpyspun
07-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Lumpy...Please post the E-Mail addresses that you used...let's flood their box!

Not a problem:

askfox@foxinc.com

and on MLB.com use the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/help/contact_us.jsp

MrRoboto83
07-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Too bad I didn't know last night's game was on ESPN! :(

It would of been a Red Sox love fest anyways.

SBSoxFan
07-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I usually start this thread, but I figured it was someone else's turn. :cool:

Out here in the Grand Canyon State, we get Giants-Dodgers.

So once again, I will be glued to my computer, following the game on the gamethread in the Pick to Click Game Day forum. I suggest you do the same.

See ya there! :smile:

MarySwiss
07-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Actually 106-108 all week...which is comparable to 88 in IL and 80% Humidity...It rocks out here right now! I'll take the dry heat any day!

Well said. Even that monsoon the other night was mild. Monsoons are kind of interesting as long as you're not driving around during one, don't you think?

And I never thought about the chat room; I'll drop in later.

markopat
07-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Well said. Even that monsoon the other night was mild. Monsoons are kind of interesting as long as you're not driving around during one, don't you think?

And I never thought about the chat room; I'll drop in later.

The Chat room rocks because you have great people like awesomefan that literally give you a pitch by pitch...Typically about 15 seconds ahead of gameday!

markopat
07-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Not a problem:

askfox@foxinc.com

and on MLB.com use the link:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/help/contact_us.jsp

I wrote both of them Lumpy...THANK YOU!

kingpin_rcs
07-08-2006, 01:29 PM
At least there's XM Radio. As a left coaster, I too get told by MLB and Rupert who I should be rooting for but at I do have XM radio so I can listen to Farmer and Singleton. Not to gush too much about XM radio but it is the only place I can think of that gives you every single MLB game period plus during the playoffs you get your choice of three broadcasts, the home team, the away team or the national.

Chris Singleton BTW has gotten a lot better during his first half of a season

chopperjc
07-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Fox and MLB are arcane I get to watch the Marlins, Gees does the NFL get hurt when I watch The bears instead of the Dolphins? Please MLB move into the new millenium with the rest of us.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

(but I really am :whiner: )

alohafri
07-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Chris Singleton BTW has gotten a lot better during his first half of a season

He is getting better, but his voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.

Timmy D's
07-08-2006, 03:54 PM
MLB pass is kind of steep, but I think I paid $164 for it on DTV. I live in Chi market so I get all the Sox games anywys, I just like to flip around and watch AL games that affect us. Anyways, might be worth looking into in your situation. The only thing I dont know is what announcers you will get. The games are blacked out on the "ticket" plan, because they are aired here on my local channel instead, So I'm guessing you would get whatever announcers are the home team in this broadcast situation. Perhaps someone out of market that has the pass can verify this.

TheKittle
07-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Why not check out your local sports bar? They could have it. I know this place in Santa Monica where idiot red sox fans hang out and they are showing the game right now.

chaerulez
07-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Another reason Fox sucks: Tim McCarver. Well, we already knew that but did anyone hear his latest gem of wisdom:

"The (Boston) linuep of 9 seems like a lineup of 14."

He was trying to say the Red Sox lineup is like an onslaught of hitters or something like that, but that comment still makes no sense. Just because you have more people in your hitting lineup doesn't make it better!

TDog
07-08-2006, 04:43 PM
What is the point of paying money to subscribe to see Sox games if Sox games are blacked out?

This is the question I will ask of anyone trying to sell me such as service.

Fenway
07-08-2006, 04:48 PM
McCarver is driving me to drink :gulp: :?: :angry: :gulp:

Timmy D's
07-08-2006, 05:00 PM
What is the point of paying money to subscribe to see Sox games if Sox games are blacked out?

This is the question I will ask of anyone trying to sell me such as service.

If you're reffering to what I suggested(dtv, or other satelite MLB pass), you wouldnt be blacked out on games, because you are out of market. Here in Chicago however, the chanel that you would watch the game on the MLB chanels, gets blacked out, because we have a local channel that we get, that carries the game, that they wont let any other channel carry, so as to protect their commercial viewing audience. i.e. If you were watching the game on the MLB chanel, instead of WGN, you wouldnt see what some advertiser spent money on to air their commercial. So in essence you are not subject to black out in your area w/ the MLB plan, unless, you are able to view that game in question, via another channel it is being aired on in your market. Confusing I know, butr bottom line is you would get all the games one way or another.

Mercy!
07-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Just to buck the general negativity vibe towards Fox in this thread a tiny bit - based on this game alone, I thought they gave a balanced amount of coverage to each team. Last year, it seemed to me that the announcers prattled on about the opposing team about 75% of the time, even when the White Sox were ahead in the score.

I appreciate a break from Hawk and DJ occasionally, as long as it isn't the Cubs duo.

bigfoot
07-09-2006, 01:05 AM
McCarver is driving me to drink :gulp: :?: :angry: :gulp:

Come on.......McCarver would have driven you insane with his tales of being a better driver than Mario Andretti, long before you could have become a drunk!

markopat
07-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Come on.......McCarver would have driven you insane with his tales of being a better driver than Mario Andretti, long before you could have become a drunk!

:kneeslap:

08-12-2006, 01:25 PM
I would like to just reiterate that FOX SUCKS and BLACKOUTS suck even more.

markopat
08-12-2006, 01:31 PM
I would like to just reiterate that FOX SUCKS and BLACKOUTS suck even more.

I just started another thread on this...maybe the mods can merge for me...UNREAL!! I despise FOX