PDA

View Full Version : Where's the game

cburns
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I thought the game was supposed to be on ESPN, and all I am getting is ESPN news. Is it on ESPN plus?

dagame2005
07-07-2006, 08:35 PM
it's on WCIU. I guess it's blacked out on ESPN HD. DAMN!

cburns
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Living downstate, I really despise WCIU.

dagame2005
07-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Yea, I have to put up with that when I am at school down at Eastern Illinois. At least I get the games for the summer.

bgpoppapaul
07-07-2006, 09:06 PM
is anyone having trouble with the game feed being jerky and tiling on WCIU?

irish rover
07-07-2006, 09:08 PM
they they didn't feed the chipmunks, cutting costs

Soxfanspcu11
07-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Here in NW Indiana, we are getting ESPN news on ESPN as well, meaning blackout.

We're Chicago area obviously, but is this game just Chicago area blackout?

I'm watching on the U and it isin't that bad, it never really is. I like the U actually, I think their sound has improved and is just as good, or dare I say better then Comcast? :?: I dunno, it's gotten close.

Iwritecode
07-07-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm close enough to be considered in the Chicago area but far enough away to not get WCIU.

This sucks. :(:

Brian26
07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm watching on the U and it isin't that bad, it never really is. I like the U actually, I think their sound has improved and is just as good, or dare I say better then Comcast? :?: I dunno, it's gotten close.

The U has been VERY bad in the past. It appears they've cleaned up the feed a bit over the past month or so.

QCIASOXFAN
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Here in NW Indiana, we are getting ESPN news on ESPN as well, meaning blackout.

We're Chicago area obviously, but is this game just Chicago area blackout?

I'm watching on the U and it isin't that bad, it never really is. I like the U actually, I think their sound has improved and is just as good, or dare I say better then Comcast? :?: I dunno, it's gotten close. Its blacked out here in Iowa. I watched the pregame until 7:35 and all of the sudden it switched to ESPN News:angry: :angry:

Soxfanspcu11
07-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Its blacked out here in Iowa. I watched the pregame until 7:35 and all of the sudden it switched to ESPN News:angry: :angry:

Wow! That sucks!

Also, to IWRITECODE, isin't Rockford sorta of far? I'm asking because I don't really know. All that I do know about Rockford is that we were going to see a concert there a while back but decided it was too far for a band that we didn't like all that much, lol. Anyway, I know it's kind of far from where I am, but it may be closer to the city then I think, just not sure.

And Brian26, you are right, WCIU USED to suck HARD! I used to dread watching games on that station. Bad video, TERRIBLE audio, etc. But I have to give them some props as they have really cleaned up their act.

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 11:48 PM
The U has improved, but still, it sucks when you get drawn into the Chicago ESPN blackout vortex and you're 100+ miles away. Conspiracy!

Lip Man 1
07-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Gang you didn't miss a thing tonight. Be glad.

Lip

ClaudelSleptHere
07-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I appreciate the sentiment, Lip, but living almost 200 miles away, I only get the WGN games and the national ones that aren't blacked out. I can't figure out why the Indianapolis area gets blacked out of ESPN's Sox home games that are on national TV. I guess they figure I'm probably going to drive to all the games.

bigfoot
07-08-2006, 12:34 AM
The U has improved, but still, it sucks when you get drawn into the Chicago ESPN blackout vortex and you're 100+ miles away. Conspiracy!

In that same sinking boat! Though it makes me wonder if the powers that be are aware of the miniscule coverage that WCIU affords in the affected areas. There's no way that WCIU is carried by many cable systems in the outlying areas of WestIll/Ind(outside the Region)/and elsewhere. Was So. Wisc likewise affected? I tried to use the rabbit eyes, but the SOB kept moving.:gulp: Your right Lip, I didn't miss too much.

cnw8052
07-08-2006, 04:07 AM
EXACTLY...IT SUCKS.

We're in the same boat as you here in Sterling/Rock Falls,IL

I'm close enough to be considered in the Chicago area but far enough away to not get WCIU.

This sucks. :(:

digdagdug23
07-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow! That sucks!

Also, to IWRITECODE, isin't Rockford sorta of far? I'm asking because I don't really know. All that I do know about Rockford is that we were going to see a concert there a while back but decided it was too far for a band that we didn't like all that much, lol. Anyway, I know it's kind of far from where I am, but it may be closer to the city then I think, just not sure.

I wish I could start my trip to Sox games from Rockford. At least it is all 4 lane in to Chi from there. I have to go from Dubuque to Rockford, all 2 lane, winding, narrow roads, worst drive ever, with the best possible outcome. I can make it from Rockford to the Cell in about 1 1/2 hours with light traffic. QCIA and I are about the same distance to Chicago, I am about 1 hour north of him. No reason in the world for our game to be blacked out, we are no where near close enough to get WCIU. Not even the same cable company.