PDA

View Full Version : A week old, still funny

johnnyg83
07-07-2006, 05:40 PM
http://www.gocomics.com/badreporter/2006/06/30/

downstairs
07-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Well, I'll grant you that its a week old.

:cool:

johnnyg83
07-07-2006, 10:21 PM
It's more of an upstairs joke. Its unique brand of whimisical puns and poignant social commentary would be lost on the downstairs crowd.

I'll see if I can find a Mad About You clip on YouTube for yee:D: .

The Critic
07-08-2006, 10:57 AM
It's more of an upstairs joke. Its unique brand of whimisical puns and poignant social commentary would be lost on the downstairs crowd.

I'll see if I can find a Mad About You clip on YouTube for yee:D: .

They must keep the unfunny "jokes" upstairs, then.
That's just not funny. Adding an L to the term Ozzie used for Jay and saying "flags are still persecuted" or whatever isn't clever or funny. It's actually a fairly easy "pun" to make.
Not finding that joke funny doesn't mean we don't get it, by the way - it just means it wasn't funny to some of us.
And I'll pass on the Mad About You clip, thanks anyway. Some Mr. Show would be nice, though - maybe something from the 4th season, I don't have that DVD yet.

Chips
07-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I guess I'm more of a downstairs person then.

johnnyg83
07-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Umm. My response to downstairs WAS a joke. The entirety of it.

But I did appreciate you throwing in your Mr. Show reference ... your humor credibility quotient or HCQ for those of us in the business has spiked.

Hitmen77
07-08-2006, 11:19 AM
I thought it was kind of funny.

The Critic
07-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Umm. My response to downstairs WAS a joke. The entirety of it.

But I did appreciate you throwing in your Mr. Show reference ... your humor credibility quotient or HCQ for those of us in the business has spiked.

Ooops, sorry for the over-reaction, then...:D:
That's just kind of a "hot-button" for me, the idea that if you don't like a joke, you "just didn't understand it". I have some improv friends who use that line a lot to defend their not-so-funny routines.

TheOldRoman
07-08-2006, 11:42 AM
The title of this thread should be changed to: old ****, not funny two weeks ago, still not funny now.

johnnyg83
07-08-2006, 11:54 AM
OK gimme another shot ...

http://www.gocomics.com/badreporter/

That Ken Lay headline alone ...