PDA

View Full Version : Practicing My AJ Flip...signature move

CommanderPudge72
07-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Practicing my AJ Flip....:cool:

I am going to adopt it as my signature move when I play softball, the occassional drunken whiffle game or PS2 (with my controller, instead of bat). I am not a big fan of the pose or flip, but I notice that AJ only does it as a response to someone who has either shown up the Sox or acted like a troll when rounding the bases.

I have to get the right flip while holding the knob of the bat, to get the right height.

I liken it to practicing the Indiana Jones bull whip flick.

Any of you guys got a signature move to announce yourself with AUTHORATAY...

I figure with the personalities around here, we should get some funny content.

:walkoff:

AJ RULLLLLESSSSS YOU!!!!!

Soxgirl22
07-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I'd do it, except I'd probably hit the umpire or something. I'm not real coordinated when it comes to bat flips. :smile:

CommanderPudge72
07-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I know the feeling....I'd probably do that myself....instead of coming of cool for the LADIES :cool: , probably end up looking like Soupy Sails.

But a mans gots ta try....Rico Ssssuuuavvvveeee

slobes
07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I realized that I have involuntarily been doing the Iguchi bat flip whenever I play wiffleball.

twentywontowin
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
My friends often have a big mouth when we play softball, and since I'm a little guy, they don't expect me to crush a 16" clincher. A buddy of mine was catching and told me to put it out of the infield this time, so on the first pitch, I CRUSHED the ball to deep left center, over the fence no problem.

In response since I knew the ball was gone when I hit it, I did the David Ortiz vs Cuba bat flip, where he tossed the bat end over end like a madman, and then stared down the catcher. Threw a couple expletives in there too. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
07-07-2006, 01:55 PM
My signature softball move is my Zambrano-like tantrums after I give up a dinger.

miker
07-07-2006, 03:02 PM
I am going to adopt it as my signature move when I play softball, the occassional drunken whiffle game or PS2 (with my controller, instead of bat). I am not a big fan of the pose or flip, but I notice that AJ only does it as a response to someone who has either shown up the Sox or acted like a troll when rounding the bases.
Expect to get drilled in your next at bat...

1951Campbell
07-07-2006, 03:08 PM

When I played Little League and in high school, I would unconsciously throw the bat around willy-nilly on every hit and I could not seem to stop it! It almost got me in trouble a few times.

chisoxwschamps05
07-08-2006, 01:19 PM
[quote=CommanderPudge72]

quote]

I play Pony league ball right now and I've developed the Iguchi flip every time I hit the ball.

JUribe1989
07-08-2006, 02:58 PM
My signature wiffleball stance and follow through begins with the Thome bat point and ends with a long stare at my home run and flip of the bat. :D:

SOXintheBURGH
07-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I tend to use the amazingly awkward Craig Counsel stance from a few years ago, or I do the Sheffield bat twitch.

LuvSox
07-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I've got the Joe Morgan Chicken Wing & Willie Stargel Bat Twirl combo going. It scares children and the elderly.

BeefyD
07-09-2006, 10:55 AM
When I hit a home run, I usually pull out my special Juan Marichal "Slam the bat over the catchers head" move. Hey, he got into the Hall! Why can't it work for me?

http://www.ontheflychicago.com/bunn/marichal.jpg