PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Faust White Sox Player Introductions

SouthSide_HitMen
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
During the game last night White Sox fans had a few minutes in between Javier Vazquez pitches to do just about anything. I started coming up with songs Nancy Faust would play if she was allowed to play and she was allowed to get "creative".

Below is my list so far. Any suggestions for players with no songs or better choices for players I assigned a song to will be considered. For a song to be considered, it needs to be popular enough that most people have heard it before. Songs needing an explanation will have one in ( ).

Number / Player / Artist / Song Title

#3 Harold Baines - Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence
#5 Juan Uribe - The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
#8 Alex Cintron - The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
#10 Rob Mackowiak - Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
#12 AJ Pierzynski - Bobby Vinton - Rags to Riches (Vinton = Polish Prince)
#13 Ozzie Guillen - AC DC - Big Balls
#14 Paul Konerko - Paul Simon - Bridge Over Troubled Water
#15 Tadahito Iguchi - The Vapors - Turning Japanese
#17 Ross Gload - Janis Ian - At Seventeen
#18 Cliff Politte - Frankie Valli - Big Girls Don't Cry
#20 Jon Garland - Judy Garland - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
#21 Don Cooper - Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen
#22 Scott Podsednik - J Geils Band - Centerfold
#23 Jermaine Dye - Paul McCartney & Wings - Live and Let Die
#24 Joe Crede - Joe Jackson - Stepping Out
#25 Jim Thome - Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
#28 Joey Cora - Concrete Blonde - Joey
#29 Greg Walker - Aerosmith - Walk This Way
#30 Tim Raines - Ashford & Simpson - Solid (As a Rock)
#33 Javier Vazquez - The Hollies - "He Ain't Heavy (Javy), He's My Brother"
#34 Freddy Garcia - Blondie - Rapture (Lyric - Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high)
#36 Chris Widger -
#37 Matt Thornton - Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn(ton)
#38 Pablo Ozuna - .38 Special - Hold on Loosely
#44 Brian Anderson - Joey Scarbury - Believe It or Not
#45 Bobby Jenks - The Refreshments - King of The Hill Theme
#46 Neal Cotts - Neil Diamond - Forever in Bluejeans
#52 Jose Contreras - Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way to San Jose
#53 Art Kusnyer - Art of Noise - Close to the Edit
#54 David Riske - Bob Seger - Old Time Rock n Roll
#55 Brandon McCarthy - Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55
#56 Mark Buehrle - Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis
#59 Man Soo Lee - Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man

Jerry Reinsdorf - Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
Kenny Williams - John Lennon - Working Class Hero
The WS Font Office - Dolly Parton - Working 9 to 5

Yes my musical range is limited. A few of these are lame but a few are pretty good (Garcia's is my favorite).

hi im skot
07-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Javy Vazquez: The Hollies: "He Ain't Heavy (Javy), He's My Brother"

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
#44 Brian Anderson - CCR/John Fogerty - Centerfield

Now how easy was that!?

SouthSide_HitMen
07-07-2006, 12:14 PM
#44 Brian Anderson - CCR/John Fogerty - Centerfield

Now how easy was that!?

hi i'm skot - Good call.

MYBOYAJ - I'm sticking with the Greatest American Hero Theme Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xESD14mEslc

http://www.melemarce.com/Miti_passati/Immagini/william-katt-ralph_ieri.jpg

Brian Anderson is William Katt. Plus I like the fact he has some superpowers (i.e. fielding) yet is totally helpless at others (at the plate - at least the first few months this season).

One of the Cheesiest Videos ever - but a damn good TV show!

Patrick134
07-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Matt Thornton- Every rose has it's Thorn(ton)

Widger- something by 3-6 mafia

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 01:22 PM

miker
07-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I started coming up with songs Nancy Faust would play if she was allowed to play and she was allowed to get "creative".
Actually, if you were to sit down and talk to Nancy, you would be surprised to see how creative she really is. One of the things that make Nancy special is her sense of humor. It is like a Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon -- sometimes its "ha ha" funny, but if you know the song and/or the player well enough, it can be downright hilarious.

I really like your idea of making a list, especially for when Nancy completely retires and if Sox really do hire a new organist -- they're going to need some help.

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 01:46 PM
My sister is a music teacher and got to know her a little many years ago. She IS a class act and it will be a very sad day when she "turns off her organ" for good. I heard a great interview with her on dahl.com http://www.dahl.com and disco demolition.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Actually, if you were to sit down and talk to Nancy, you would be surprised to see how creative she really is. One of the things that make Nancy special is her sense of humor. It is like a Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon -- sometimes its "ha ha" funny, but if you know the song and/or the player well enough, it can be downright hilarious.

I really like your idea of making a list, especially for when Nancy completely retires and if Sox really do hire a new organist -- they're going to need some help.

My creative comment was not meant to be a swipe at Nancy - I know that she is very smart and creative. The key word is "allowed" as she would not be able to play several of the songs which would either offend players and or or the general audience at games (Ozzie, Scottie, Freddy).

Nancy prepares before the games but she is also great at improvising.

Unfortunately, I've been to one Nancy game this season and the White Sox allow their players to select their introduction (in the form of a sound clip - not on organ piece).

I do hope the White Sox are open to having a replacement for Nancy next season. The ball is in Boyer's court (an NBA court at least in 2006).

Patrick - your Thornton song was added - I don't know the Widger song / artist - I will have to hold off on that selection.

MYBOYAJ - your front office selections have been added to the list.

Zisk77
07-07-2006, 03:05 PM
During the game last night White Sox fans had a few minutes in between Javier Vazquez pitches to do just about anything. I started coming up with songs Nancy Faust would play if she was allowed to play and she was allowed to get "creative".

Below is my list so far. Any suggestions for players with no songs or better choices for players I assigned a song to will be considered. For a song to be considered, it needs to be popular enough that most people have heard it before. Songs needing an explanation will have one in ( ).

Number / Player / Artist / Song Title

#3 Harold Baines - Simon & Garfunkel - Sounds of Silence
#5 Juan Uribe - The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
#8 Alex Cintron - The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
#10 Rob Mackowiak - Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
#12 AJ Pierzynski - Bobby Vinton - Rags to Riches (Vinton = Polish Prince)
#13 Ozzie Guillen - AC DC - Big Balls
#14 Paul Konerko - Paul Simon - Bridge Over Troubled Water
#15 Tadahito Iguchi - The Vapors - Turning Japanese
#17 Ross Gload - Janis Ian - At Seventeen
#18 Cliff Politte - Frankie Valli - Big Girls Don't Cry
#20 Jon Garland - Judy Garland - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
#21 Don Cooper - Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen
#22 Scott Podsednik - J Geils Band - Centerfold
#23 Jermaine Dye - Paul McCartney & Wings - Live and Let Die
#24 Joe Crede - Joe Jackson - Stepping Out
#25 Jim Thome - Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4
#28 Joey Cora - Concrete Blonde - Joey
#29 Greg Walker - Aerosmith - Walk This Way
#30 Tim Raines - Ashford & Simpson - Solid (As a Rock)
#33 Javier Vazquez - The Hollies - "He Ain't Heavy (Javy), He's My Brother"
#34 Freddy Garcia - Blondie - Rapture (Lyric - Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high)
#36 Chris Widger -
#37 Matt Thornton - Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn(ton)
#38 Pablo Ozuna - .38 Special - Hold on Loosely
#44 Brian Anderson - Joey Scarbury - Believe It or Not
#45 Bobby Jenks - The Refreshments - King of The Hill Theme
#46 Neal Cotts - Neil Diamond - Forever in Bluejeans
#52 Jose Contreras - Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way to San Jose
#53 Art Kusnyer - Art of Noise - Close to the Edit
#54 David Riske - Bob Seger - Old Time Rock n Roll
#55 Brandon McCarthy - Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55
#56 Mark Buehrle - Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis
#59 Man Soo Lee - Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man

Yes my musical range is limited. A few of these are lame but a few are pretty good (Garcia's is my favorite).

Love # 3 & # 44 BA looks soo like the G. American Hero, now if some of the fans could look just like connie selecca :bandance:

eriqjaffe
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't quite get the Konerko / Simon & Garfunkel connection, unless it's the common "Paul".

...not that I can come up with anything better.

paciorek1983
07-07-2006, 05:04 PM
I do hope the White Sox are open to having a replacement for Nancy next season. The ball is in Boyer's court (an NBA court at least in 2006).

They way it's going I would be suprised if they ever hired a replacement. Notice a few weeks ago they used Nancy sound clips of NaNa Hey Hey for the pitcher, home runs and wins...now they're not being used.

When they have the sounds clips, and then not use them, that should tell us the handwriting is on the wall. And if that's the case, where I once always lauded Brooks, he now has the potential of really pissing me off.:angry:

paciorek1983
07-07-2006, 05:05 PM

They way it's going I would be suprised if they ever hired a replacement. Notice a few weeks ago they used Nancy sound clips of NaNa Hey Hey for the pitcher, home runs and wins...now they're not being used.

When they have the sounds clips, and then not use them, that should tell us the handwriting is on the wall. And if that's the case, where I once always lauded Brooks, he now has the potential of really pissing me off.:angry:

Milw
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Am I the only one here who hasn't heard of half those artists/songs?

paciorek1983
07-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Am I the only one here who hasn't heard of half those artists/songs?

Well considering, you were born in the 80's, you were just sprouting when the best of pop and rock was in it's hey-day. Too bad for you.:(:

Tokes
07-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Hit me with your best shot for AJ

TornLabrum
07-07-2006, 06:31 PM
My sister is a music teacher and got to know her a little many years ago. She IS a class act and it will be a very sad day when she "turns off her organ" for good. I heard a great interview with her on dahl.com http://www.dahl.com and disco demolition.

You don't have to go that far (although I love dahl.com) for a Nancy interview: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2893

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
You don't have to go that far (although I love dahl.com) for a Nancy interview: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2893

Still a newbie here and learning. Thanks.