PDA

View Full Version : hey Hoosiers, ESPN tonight??

my5thbench
07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I called Comcast, this is a WCIU game tonight, which many of us don't get, my area South Bend, Mishawaka, Plymouth for example. ESPN will also broadcast the game & their coverage will undoubtedly be blacked out in chicago & will likely be here as well just as an oversight. It is my opinion that it neeed not be blacked out since we can't receive the home broadcast.

The lady at Comcast was very accomadating & agreeed with me & actually seemed fired up to try to help me to get this done, she is calling the powers that be at Comcast & will call me back. I am still waiting & hoping.

I want to see our Sox give those Red Sox the beating that they so richly deserve.

some of you may want to give Comcast a call to see if the extra boost will help

thanks gang

sox84
07-07-2006, 11:10 AM
I was thinking ESPN blackouts were for games before 6pm only, though I cant recall where I read or heard that..

WWE Champion
07-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I work in McHenry County and the ESPN night games for the Sox are not blacked out there.

sox420fan
07-07-2006, 01:48 PM
What sucks for me being in Louisville is when the games are broadcast on WCIU I can't get the game on my Baseball package I have with DishNetwork :angry: :angry: :angry:

I can't even get the away team's broadcast. Thank God the game is on ESPN tonight so I can watch it.

And of all the places I move to, I get a Cubs fan from Arlington Heights living accross the street from me. Needless to say I won a few cases of beer this year from the wins the Sox have over the Flubs and I revel in making her wear the WS shirts I have. To see the pain on her face makes my day:bandance:

bigfoot
07-07-2006, 01:58 PM
And of all the places I move to, I get a Cubs fan from Arlington Heights living accross the street from me. Needless to say I won a few cases of beer this year from the wins the Sox have over the Flubs and I revel in making her wear the WS shirts I have. To see the pain on her face makes my day:bandance:[/quote]

There MUST be more to this story!!!!!!!! :gulp:

sox420fan
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Only thing to add to this is I made her fly my Sox flag on her house (instead of that unsightly Flubs flag).

No more to the story as we are both happily married.

Her husband is a die-hard Reds fan.

CRAW
07-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Speaking of blackouts, have any of you been following these columns? (forgive me if the links have been posted before)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-blackouts052606&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-blackouts061906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I don't necessarily care for the guy, but I sure hope something is done about this, as I live in Iowa, and he's right - we should get a ton of games nightly but we don't. Thankfully I get the Sox games.

INSox56
07-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't understand why people can't see it on ESPN...I live in Michigan City and have never had a game blacked out...

CRAW
07-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't understand why people can't see it on ESPN...I live in Michigan City and have never had a game blacked out...

The STL/HOU game was blacked out on ESPN for me last night. I'm in Iowa w/ DirecTV. Our local cable service (Mediacom) broadcasts STL games via FSN, and I guess DirecTV can't make the game available to us on ESPN because of that...? **** if I know.

:angry:

my5thbench
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
yahoo...it's confirmed no blackout!

now c'mon Mark spin us a gem

aryzner
07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I am in West Lafayette, IN... does this mean I'll get to see it on ESPN...? The TV lists it with "(Blackout)" behind the game but... refer to the last post..!

INSox56
07-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I am in West Lafayette, IN... does this mean I'll get to see it on ESPN...? The TV lists it with "(Blackout)" behind the game but... refer to the last post..!

I just graduated in 05 from Purdue (Go Boilers!) and never had a problem seeing any game, blackout (ESPN) or WCIU, didn't matter. We got them all then. There was, however, a problem with my friend's MLB.tv account I tried to use before I realized we did actually get the WCIU games. It blacked the MLB.tv games for W. Lafayette completely. BS if you ask me.

CLR01
07-07-2006, 04:00 PM
The STL/HOU game was blacked out on ESPN for me last night. I'm in Iowa w/ DirecTV. Our local cable service (Mediacom) broadcasts STL games via FSN, and I guess DirecTV can't make the game available to us on ESPN because of that...? **** if I know.

Here in the St. Louis Metro East not only was the game blacked out on ESPN but they also blacked out the 2:00am replay. I have never seen that before. :dunno:

Kogs35
07-07-2006, 05:09 PM
for those watching espn tonight, steve stone is the analyst iirc.

faneidde
07-07-2006, 07:49 PM
blakced out in Indy. Oh well, just have to go the bars earlier.

aryzner
07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
nope can't see it but i got it on the score... signal is kinda crappy but i can hear fine

CRAW
07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
blakced out in Indy. Oh well, just have to go the bars earlier.
It's ****ing blacked out here too! Mother ****er! I guess I should be happy I get Comcast through DirecTV, and get way more games than I would if I had crappy cable.

I'm really pissed though.

gosoxmarc
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey 5th bench, fellow pilgrim here. My comcast guy gave me a $10. credit ("inconvenience fee") after I complained. He said the call is made by ESPN not Comcast.

Not happy, but I'm going to make $10. every day this happens.

QCIASOXFAN
07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh its blacked out here to, I watched pregame until 7:35 and right when they told us they were talking us to the ballbark ESPN News came on :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

tick53
07-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Tick 53 from Plymouth here too. I called friends who didn't Know that the game was supposed to be on ESPN also. They were happy that they were going to see the game.When they blacked it out, they were furious. ESPN has picked up games in the past that were being shown on CIU and there was never a problem.

I can get all the CIU games at my house with just a UHF antenna mounted to my roof and I'm nearly 100 miles away from Chicago. I'm fortunate that my
house sits on a little hill and that might help.

The broadcasts are somewhat snowy at first, but the picture is usually as sharp as my Directv signal as the game progresses. I urge anyone who can to try this. For the price of the antenna and a pole (or roof-mount), you may be
pleasantly surprised. The CIU signal is actually pretty strong.

bigfoot
07-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey 5th bench, fellow pilgrim here. My comcast guy gave me a $10. credit ("inconvenience fee") after I complained. He said the call is made by ESPN not Comcast.

Not happy, but I'm going to make $10. every day this happens.

So much for consistency, I went to Comcast help "chatline" and got a "sorry we're too busy to help you right now, please wait" message for hours. Then got a standard, "It's not Comcast, but MLB makes these decisions", buck passing.

Couldn't wait for the reply after the first HOUR!

"Watched" the game on ESPN Gamecast, OK watched the pbp on the screen:angry:

The $10 chit is better than that "stick in the eye" I received!

Mots09
07-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Craw,

I live in WDM and have DirecTV. I talked to the advanced technical support lady last night at DTV and she was very helpful. Reason why the majority of people were blacked out was b/c NESN owned rights to the games and wouldn't release them for people in the Chicago-land/Iowa area. This was word for word what she told me.

She said they were sorry and gave me 6 months of free Showtime and Showtime HD :)

bigfoot
07-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Just a tech question....

Did anyone who had Comcast HD cable receive the broadcast? Or was that blacked out also?