PDA

View Full Version : Magazine picks cubs to get to series!

mike squires
02-13-2002, 04:34 PM
while browzing through mags while shopping today i picked up a baseball magazine that predicts and gives info on teams. they actually have the a's beating the cubs in the series. the cubs MAY have a decent line-up but COME ON!!! they must have figured darrin lewis was a pretty good pick up. michael penny

cheeses_h_rice
02-13-2002, 04:45 PM
At first when I read the subject, I thought you meant MAGGS picked the Flubbies to go the WS!

foulkesfan11
02-13-2002, 05:01 PM
Cheeses, I thought the same thing. Either way, If Maggs said that, I think he's smoking some of that green stuff!

:thankgod

Nellsin
02-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Naturally a Flubs fan at my office brought this article to me to show off. The zine is Major League Baseball Yearbook 2002, with a picture of Sham-me on the cover.

They pick the Sox to win the Division at 89-73 and then lose to the A's, who go on to beat NYY and the Flubs. As it says on the cover, "#1 Rated Fantasy Mag." Also: Joe Crede will be Rookie of the Year and Frank, Comeback Player OTY.

I can't find a link, maybe someone else can.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-13-2002, 06:07 PM
:pee
I get so tired of it. Cub fans and the national spotlight love to think that this team can do something. I am a realist. McGriff looks like he would rather be making sandcastles on a beach with his family. Moses doesn't even like playing all the time. This club is one injury away from tanking. The chemistry is completely different than last year. If Wood or Leiber ever went down they would be jumping off the rooftops in wrigleyville. Sammy is the heart and soul and if he ever twists an ankle they will all be crying up north. Mark my words for August.
Let's start by pulling the weeds off of the wall. Now I am fired up! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

AsInWreck
02-13-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Cheeses, I thought the same thing. Either way, If Maggs said that, I think he's smoking some of that green stuff!

:thankgod

Me too, but i never thought the cubs would get to the series

Viva Magglio
02-13-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
At first when I read the subject, I thought you meant MAGGS picked the Flubbies to go the WS!

:maggs
íNo es la verdad! íLos Cachorros son basura! íViva Medias Blancas!

Spiff
02-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

Me too, but i never thought the cubs would get to the series

Aha now your sig makes sense...

CubKilla
02-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Any chance the magazine is published by a company with ties to the Tribune? I agree with the aforementioned post that the key word is "fantasy." This will be the only magazine to predict a Cubs WS win.

RedPinStripes
02-13-2002, 11:59 PM
Dream a little dream I guess. Oakland beating the Yanks is funny too.