PDA

View Full Version : Tipping my hat

Oblong
07-06-2006, 10:54 PM
I just wanted to post to say that the White Sox are an incredible team. That lineup from 1-9 tops any I've seen in a very long time. As a Tiger fan this has been so much fun to actually watch the standings and really have an interest in what other teams are doing. It's been 19 years since I could do that. I hope it goes on all year long.

Ever night I see the crawler and if the Sox are down 4-1 or whatever I just assume they will come back... and they do.

I hope the teams are neck and neck for the series in Detroit and the two later on in August. That's what baseball is all about. The two teams with the best records going head to head. Of course Fox or ESPN won't notice because it's not NY, Bos, or St. Louis.

Just something I wanted to say. The Sox are a hard team to hate to be honest. They've built the team the right way. Heck, Detroit fans can't really complain all that much about AJ considering we savored Bill Laimbeer and even accepted Chris Chelios as one of our own. If we'll take him after the stuff in the late 80s/early 90s we'll root for anybody.

I'm glad I found this forum.

MrRoboto83
07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I just wanted to post to say that the White Sox are an incredible team. That lineup from 1-9 tops any I've seen in a very long time. As a Tiger fan this has been so much fun to actually watch the standings and really have an interest in what other teams are doing. It's been 19 years since I could do that. I hope it goes on all year long.

Ever night I see the crawler and if the Sox are down 4-1 or whatever I just assume they will come back... and they do.

I hope the teams are neck and neck for the series in Detroit and the two later on in August. That's what baseball is all about. The two teams with the best records going head to head. Of course Fox or ESPN won't notice because it's not NY, Bos, or St. Louis.

Just something I wanted to say. The Sox are a hard team to hate to be honest. They've built the team the right way. Heck, Detroit fans can't really complain all that much about AJ considering we savored Bill Laimbeer and even accepted Chris Chelios as one of our own. If we'll take him after the stuff in the late 80s/early 90s we'll root for anybody.

Pennant Race Baseball in the middle of the season is great, can you imagine if it does stay like this in late September? It will be the edge of your seat, nervous as all hell ride. It is nice to see this new heated rivalry started between the Sox and Tigers. AL Central is the class of the League. Don't forget to keep your eye on Minnesota and even if Cleveland is far out of it, don't look past them, even if they get hot they can ruin your day any day.

QCIASOXFAN
07-06-2006, 11:16 PM
I like Tiger fans. I never really talked or knew any due to living in Iowa, but everyone of them I talked to on this board seems to be really nice.:cool:

batmanZoSo
07-06-2006, 11:19 PM

I'm kind of happy for you guys because you really had a rough go the last 15 years or so. The Tigers are a good, historic franchise and the fans are getting a good team that they suffered a long time for. And it's also nice that our division is very respectable now, probably the best in baseball in my opinion. Who knew?

It might take 100 wins to beat the Sox. Can the Tigers win 100 games? We'll see. Our pitching still hasn't hit its potential yet and we probably haven't peaked yet. And on the other hand I gotta think the Tigers have. But that is a damn good club and the way both these teams are playing, it probably doesn't matter who wins the division because both will probably be playing in October.

DaleJRFan
07-06-2006, 11:22 PM

I think this post about sums it up for the Sox/Tigers this season. Both teams are really damn good, but with some holes to fill / things to shake out, before the post season. It's going to be a dogfight to the end and will be a lot of fun to watch.

Add the Twins into the mix, and it will be one of the most competitive division title runs in recent memory.

FedEx227
07-07-2006, 08:55 AM
And it's also nice that our division is very respectable now, probably the best in baseball in my opinion. Who knew?

I can remember only 2-3 years ago people calling the AL Central the worst division in baseball... my how times can change.

ILuvThatDuck
07-07-2006, 09:00 AM

Classy post. To be honest I would rather see the Tigers fade away then deal with this stress, but it is all in good fun.

Here's to you.:gulp:

LongLiveFisk
07-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the nice post, and I like your sig. :cool:

cbotnyse
07-07-2006, 09:16 AM
I would like to tip my hat back to your team....Everytime we go on a run the Tigers have always been there winning as well.....You have the best record in baseball and held on to first place for the majority of the first half....

As much as I'd like to have a 10 game lead and win the division, getting to the playoffs is all that matters. Thats when I think we'll run away with it! :cool:

MadetoOrta
07-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Whenever I find someone sporting the "D" hat, I ask them if they're true Tiger fans. Usually, they're transplants from Michigan. I like their club, wanted Leyland to come back here and appreciate teams with tradition and history like the Tigers. Unfortunately for us, it likely will get tight and crazy in September. But after taking it all last fall, the tension and anxiety is gone.

On another note, for all the Chicago-area Tigers fans, be on the lookout for cub fans sporting the "D" hats in protest of the Sox. I ran into a 40'ish woman at Jewel in Naperville the other day wearing the "D". I asked her if she was a Tigers fan. She said "No. I just hate the Sox. I'm a cubs fan." In my college days I would have called her what she was " a big fat *&%". I laughed and said "You cubs fans are pathetic." She growled something and the cashier laughed.

Am I starting to sound like Hangar?:o:

palehozenychicty
07-07-2006, 11:13 AM
It is good for the game that baseball is in renaissance for cincy and detroit. both teams have proud histories and fans that the baseball world hasn't seen in a long time. now if we can just get the pirates a new ownership team, the midwest baseball resurgence will keep rolling. as far as detroit, they're good. can they stay this good all year? who knows, but i want them in the postseason. as the wild card. :D:

jdieter
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Flattering post from a Tigers fan. Also don't forget Rodman when you mention the Detroit bad boys. One of my first gloves was a Dick McAuliffe, always liked the Tigers and listening to Harwell calling the game, so I've probably dated myself older than dirt here.
WS are creeping up on you-all and by the end of this month we outta have a small clue who has the kahunas, it'll be a great race in the central.

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM

What a great post from a class individual. I've always liked the Tigers, after the Sox of course, and if it continues to go head-to-head it'll be a bit stressful, but what the heck, that's part of the entertainment value. Until then, go SOX!

CRAW
07-07-2006, 11:40 AM
But that is a damn good club and the way both these teams are playing, it probably doesn't matter who wins the division because both will probably be playing in October.

To heck with that! I want the Division Title! :D:

Nice posts here BTW. GO SOX!

hi im skot
07-07-2006, 11:50 AM

To echo others' sentiments: great post.

I, too, am glad I found this forum. It's a lot of fun, and easily the best laid-out baseball forum I've seen.

Thanks for the classy post...it's good to sit back every once in awhile and remember that it's just baseball. I love my team, and you love yours, and we all appreciate talent and the beauty of the game.

That being said...GO SOX!
:smile:

batmanZoSo
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Classy post. To be honest I would rather see the Tigers fade away then deal with this stress, but it is all in good fun.

Here's to you.:gulp:

What stress? You really feel tension after experiencing last October?

Not only that, but I'm so confident in this team that they'll eventually take over. They've earned that trust.

Hitmen77
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
It is good for the game that baseball is in renaissance for cincy and detroit. both teams have proud histories and fans that the baseball world hasn't seen in a long time. now if we can just get the pirates a new ownership team, the midwest baseball resurgence will keep rolling. as far as detroit, they're good. can they stay this good all year? who knows, but i want them in the postseason. as the wild card. :D:

Yes, although I hate having the competition against the Sox, I think a strong Tigers team is great for baseball. In addition to the midwest teams you mention, add Cleveland's resurgance that began in the mid 90s and Minnesota's resurgance in recent years. Even Milwaukee, who looked dead-in-the-water as a franchise a few years ago is showing life. Can a Kansas City revival be far behind?

Screw you ESPN, Bob Costas, Keith Olberman, and all the other east coast elitists who think baseball should revolve around NY, Boston, the Cardinals and the Cubs!

GoSox2K3
07-07-2006, 12:46 PM
... Heck, Detroit fans can't really complain all that much about AJ considering we savored Bill Laimbeer and even accepted Chris Chelios as one of our own. If we'll take him after the stuff in the late 80s/early 90s we'll root for anybody.

There is no way that AJ even belongs in the same sentence as that thug Laimbeer. I don't remember Pierzynski every playing dirty or taking cheap shots against opponents. Seems like all this renewed AJ hatred stems from him being at the center of an umpires call, his getting sucker punched for a making a clean hardnosed play, and his penchant for getting clutch RBIs which cause drunken fools to throw garbage on the field.

I don't follow hockey enough to know what Chelios did.

hi im skot
07-07-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't follow hockey enough to know what Chelios did.

I think just the fact that he came from the Blackhawks is enough...

And you're right about A.J. Whoever it was in San Francisco that called him a "clubhouse cancer" certainly didn't help A.J.'s image, but otherwise, people have no real reason to hate him.