PDA

View Full Version : Little things you've noticed about this team

SOecks
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Just saw Uribe make the first out against the Orioles and noticed something interesting. As the sharply hit ground ball was coming towards Juan, he was in the process of blowing a bubble with his gum and continued to blow his bubble as he picked up the ball and threw a bullet to make the out. How the hell does he still make a nice play like that while blowing a bubble so leisurely? Strange but cool. What little things have you noticed about this team or its players so far this year?

batmanZoSo
07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Just saw Uribe make the first out against the Orioles and noticed something interesting. As the sharply hit ground ball was coming towards Juan, he was in the process of blowing a bubble with his gum and continued to blow his bubble as he picked up the ball and threw a bullet to make the out. How the hell does he still make a nice play like that while blowing a bubble so leisurely? Strange but cool. What little things have you noticed about this team or its players so far this year?

I've noticed I have a huge man-crush on Joe Crede. :redface:

SweetnesSox
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM

I saw him hit a homer (or maybe it was a double off the wall) while blowin a bubble earlier this season.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I've seen him and Ozuna blowing bubbles while running the bases. Very odd but cool as hell.

SOecks
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Pablo Ozuna. Most folks who aren't Sox fans would call him a "bench scrub" or something to that effect. Not only is he a critical part of the team and batting .432 right now, but this guy has some stones of steel and I love it. He'll go down 0-2 on two straight pitches and you see him just back up in the box with this relaxed, confident look about him. Nothing fazes him. He never looks cocky or over confident. He does his job knowing that just 2 years ago he was just some guy nobody knew about. Now he has a nice contract and has been exceeding all expectations, but even so he never lets the pressure get to him and continues to amaze.

Iguana775
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Who's this Bubbles guy and why are Uribe and Ozuna blowing him? :redneck

ondafarm
07-06-2006, 08:49 PM

I'll say this. When you are playing professional ball, you do all the baseball things many, many times. So many times they become absolutely automatic. Think of all the steps involved in starting your car. Now do it. Are there little things you do that you didn't list? Uribe has fielded far more balls than you've started your car.

BRDSR
07-06-2006, 11:42 PM

fusillirob1983
07-07-2006, 12:30 AM

I don't think Hawk will appreciate some competition.

soxfan13
07-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Ive noticed through the year, that no lead is safe versus the White Sox:D:

1951Campbell
07-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Pablo Ozuna. Most folks who aren't Sox fans would call him a "bench scrub" or something to that effect. Not only is he a critical part of the team and batting .432 right now, but this guy has some stones of steel and I love it. He'll go down 0-2 on two straight pitches and you see him just back up in the box with this relaxed, confident look about him. Nothing fazes him. He never looks cocky or over confident. He does his job knowing that just 2 years ago he was just some guy nobody knew about. Now he has a nice contract and has been exceeding all expectations, but even so he never lets the pressure get to him and continues to amaze.

I was going to say that! :D:

DrCrawdad
07-07-2006, 08:46 AM

When they kept Ozuna on the roster at the end of spring training last year I was probably saying that Ozuna didn't deserve to make the team.

I'm such a baseball genius.

ILuvThatDuck
07-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I've noticed that Ozuna loves to call himself safe when running thru 1st base.

Baby Fisk
07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I've noticed that Brandon McCarthy can't decide if he likes his pants to come all the way to his shoes, or if he wants to wear his socks high. Seems to alternate each day. And I miss his stripey shoes from last year (the stripes went all the way around the bottoms of the shoes).

esbrechtel
07-07-2006, 10:26 AM

who doesnt? i think my GF is jealous...

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I love when Pablo blows his bubbles at the plate on delivery. Cool. I also love when Baaaad Bobby Jenks takes the mound - the hands cannot stay off the face, head, hat, jersey. Sometimes, he just keeps going at it in an unbreakable loop. Gotta love that guy, he's awesome!

white sox bill
07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
I remember many yrs ago, I think it was Denis Savard of the Hawks, blowing a bubble while scoring a goal. Cool stuff!

Soxgirl22
07-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I've noticed that Brandon McCarthy can't decide if he likes his pants to come all the way to his shoes, or if he wants to wear his socks high. Seems to alternate each day. And I miss his stripey shoes from last year (the stripes went all the way around the bottoms of the shoes).

Pods has his up one day and down the next also. I think it seems to depend which uniform he's wearing. I don't know.

Baby Fisk
07-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I also love when Baaaad Bobby Jenks takes the mound - the hands cannot stay off the face, head, hat, jersey. Sometimes, he just keeps going at it in an unbreakable loop. Gotta love that guy, he's awesome!
I noticed that too. Jenks looks like a psycho up there! A TV commentator recently said that it's how Gaylord Perry used to act on the mound too.

BTW: :welcome:

hawkjt
07-07-2006, 01:48 PM
has there ever been such a loose sox outfit? laughing seems to be a requirement in the dugout led by the class clown Burls.

Had to laugh at Burls waving the towel in front of Ross Gload to cool him off after yet another gload hit.

Had to laugh when I heard Bobby say in an interview yesterday that one time he was on the mound in the ninth and he looked into the dugout and burls was imitating all his hand movements to a tee. Bobby said he had to put the glove over his face to hide his laughter.

I love just about everything about this team.

And one thing I think about when others talk about how much more deserving Liariano was than AJ for the all star game- Liriano has not pitched enough innings to qualify for the era race yet just like Pablo has not had enough Ab's to qualify for the batting title. If liriano is worthy- how bout Pablo? He has the highest BA for a guy with 80+ abs since 1894!

MYBOYAJ
07-07-2006, 01:50 PM
I noticed that too. Jenks looks like a psycho up there! A TV commentator recently said that it's how Gaylord Perry used to act on the mound too.

BTW: :welcome:

Thanks