PDA

View Full Version : Guillen in Florida

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-13-2002, 04:14 PM
I see where Ozzie Guillen is now the 3b coach w/ the Marlins. I always liked him and hope maybe one day he ends up in the Sox organization.

mike squires
02-13-2002, 05:42 PM
i agree. he would be a great PR guy and you know he would interact with the fans. i have nothing against waving wally but ozzie would be great in chicago. it seems harold and minnie are the only guys the sox have really shown respect to, you know after the carlton fisk and tapani situation. i would also like to see bo jackson with the sox as a coach of some sort. i know he's done some things for them in spring training. ozzie needs to be in chi town.

bringbackrobin
02-13-2002, 07:21 PM
I don't see Ozzie as a third base coach. Sooner or later, the lack of attention will make his head implode.

guillen4life13
02-13-2002, 07:42 PM
1B coach. Pettis sux. Ozzie would be great there, and Frank would have another former player who can make him feel better about the clubhouse. Maggs has a countryman, and most important of all, I'm happy.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-13-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
1B coach. Pettis sux. Ozzie would be great there, and Frank would have another former player who can make him feel better about the clubhouse. Maggs has a countryman, and most important of all, I'm happy.

I'm all for Ozzie at first base. Pettis hasn't done jack to earn his job.

I would also like to see Ozzie doing Spanish language Sox broadcasts. Didn't the Sox lose their Spanish station a few years ago? That's a real shame. Most Hispanics are Sox Fans. The Sox are foolish for not doing more to build this part of their fan base.

:reinsy
"Wasn't it PHG who made a joke about Chico Carrasquel getting paid in day old churros?"

mike squires
02-13-2002, 09:59 PM
i just read where torborg is the new manager in florida. that would explain why ozzie is third base coach. torborg and ozzie had a great relationship on the south side. torborg loved him.

Viva Magglio
02-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
I see where Ozzie Guillen is now the 3b coach w/ the Marlins. I always liked him and hope maybe one day he ends up in the Sox organization.

Ozzie moved down to Florida with Jeff Torborg who hired him as a coach with the Expos.

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 06:16 AM
I would never want Ozzie at 3rd. He's send everyone. Remember how many times he over ran bases himself? I think he would be good at 1st. It would be a real treat for the fans too. He was always goofing around with the fans.

I heard torborg on the score last year and he said something real funny about Guillen. He said : "Now I know why i never benched Ozzie. Because he drove me nuts on the bench Like he's doing now. He just never shuts up" lmao!

RichH55
02-17-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I would never want Ozzie at 3rd. He's send everyone. Remember how many times he over ran bases himself? I think he would be good at 1st. It would be a real treat for the fans too. He was always goofing around with the fans.

I heard torborg on the score last year and he said something real funny about Guillen. He said : "Now I know why i never benched Ozzie. Because he drove me nuts on the bench Like he's doing now. He just never shuts up" lmao!

Sounds like the type of ball breaking that signifies a good relationship....I guess you could do worse than Ozzie for a coach....where do you see Harold winding up when he finally gives it up?

Soxheads
02-17-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

I guess you could do worse than Ozzie for a coach.

We already have.

rmusacch
02-18-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

We already have.

Regarding your footer of Howry starting spring training games, why is that bad? They are just testing him out to see if he can go longer than an inning or two. They experiment in ST all the time. I think Foulke started some games a couple seasons ago. ST is the place to test this stuff out.

Soxheads
02-18-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Regarding your footer of Howry starting spring training games, why is that bad? They are just testing him out to see if he can go longer than an inning or two. They experiment in ST all the time. I think Foulke started some games a couple seasons ago. ST is the place to test this stuff out.

Foulk came into baseball as a starter. He also has stated his hopes to be a starter some day. I just see this as being unneeded.

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

Sounds like the type of ball breaking that signifies a good relationship....I guess you could do worse than Ozzie for a coach....where do you see Harold winding up when he finally gives it up?

With the White Sox somewhere in the minors to start. No one else will take a guy as a coach that don't talk.