PDA

View Full Version : Dayn Perry is too stupid to work for ESPN

DumpJerry
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings

He still has the Tigers as number one this week. However, he stated the White Sox are on pace to become only the second team in MLB history to have back-to-back years with 240 or more homers. Since the Sox hit "only" 200 homers last year, he must know something about the '07 campaign that we don't..............

Stroker Ace
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
First, no one is too stupid to work for "the network".

Second, don't pay attention to anything this moron says. He has proved time and time again that he knows nothing.

voodoochile
07-06-2006, 05:47 PM
First, no one is too stupid to work for "the network".

Second, don't pay attention to anything this moron says. He has proved time and time again that he knows nothing.

Third, please post all future references to this idiot's thoughts in the appropriate forum. He is too stupid for the Clubhouse...

Ol' No. 2
07-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Third, please post all future references to this idiot's thoughts in the appropriate forum. He is too stupid for the Clubhouse...He's too stupid for the Roadhouse.

MarySwiss
07-06-2006, 06:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/powerRankings

He still has the Tigers as number one this week. However, he stated the White Sox are on pace to become only the second team in MLB history to have back-to-back years with 240 or more homers. Since the Sox hit "only" 200 homers last year, he must know something about the '07 campaign that we don't..............

Wow, check out that new photo. Just in case he didn't look scary enough before, put really ugly glasses on him! And did his face gain weight or something?

Ewwwww!

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2006, 06:09 PM
:hawk
"Screw him!! I'll bet he's in cahoots with the 'Hiney-bird' ".

Palehose13
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I can't believe that he wrote something where he didn't rip on Podsednik!

mccoydp
07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Dayn Perry is just another Sabremetric-loving meathead who contributes to the Baseball Prospectus, and actually swears by all of their stat-laden garbage.

His only purpose on the FOXSports webpage is to hawk his stupid books, which say a lot of nothing.

He was one of the first "mediots" to drop the Sox all the way down to the seven slot in his worthless Power Rankings last fall during the chokefest.

Dayn Perry, :tongue:, and :rolleyes:.

skobabe8
07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
I can't believe that he wrote something where he didn't rip on Podsednik!

My first thought as well.

Dan Mega
07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Will this dolt ever get The Moron treatment when it comes to what forum he goes to?:tongue:

Sox It To Em
07-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow, check out that new photo. Just in case he didn't look scary enough before, put really ugly glasses on him! And did his face gain weight or something?

Ewwwww!

I know, seriously, *** @ that.

FarWestChicago
07-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Excuse me. How can you be too stupid to work for ESPN The Tabloid? :?:

chaerulez
07-06-2006, 07:48 PM
All I need to know about this guy is he had Oakland #2 at one point in the season...

Banix12
07-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Meh, I really couldn't care less. If it weren't people on this site mentioning this guy I would have never heard of Dayn Perry.

monkeypants
07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
All I need to know about this guy is he had Oakland #2 at one point in the season...

Forget that, he actually had the Arizona Diamondbacks at #2 and this was only a few weeks ago. That's how big of a drillrod this guy is.

chaerulez
07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Forget that, he actually had the Arizona Diamondbacks at #2 and this was only a few weeks ago. That's how big of a drillrod this guy is.

Can we agree having either of those teams as the second best team in baseball at any point this season is beyond stupid?

monkeypants
07-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Can we agree having either of those teams as the second best team in baseball at any point this season is beyond stupid?
Yes. Yes we can.

Out of all the national baseball writers and pundits, Dayn Perry is the one guy that I can't believe who still has a job. I'm not sure if he's ever seen a baseball game. The only reason why I read what he writes is to remind myself of how idiotic some stat-heads can be.

Timmy D's
07-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I remember getting home around 3:00 a.m. from the WS game 2 winner, and couldnt think of calling it a night until I sat down an emailed F-head Perry about how "over rated" Pods was. I seriously wish him an Moronatti would get in a head on collision w/ each other, and kick it!!:angry:

On a side note I'm glad to see he's gettin fat!! Probably eatin all the unsold crap books he wrote that didnt sell, "how good baseball teams become great ones". He should come out w/ a new book, "how morons write crap, and no-one buys it".

QCIASOXFAN
07-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Can we agree having either of those teams as the second best team in baseball at any point this season is beyond stupid?I looked at Dayn Perry's picture and he just looks stupid. I also agree that having either one of those teams anywhere near the top 5 is a joke.

dcb56
07-06-2006, 09:40 PM

Let's also not forget this turd ranked the Sox either #21 or #22 and fourth best in the AL Central at the start of the 2005 season. While most didn't think they'd dominate the league and steamroll their way through the postseason, no one with an ounce of brain cells thought they were the fourth best team in the division going into the season.

DumpJerry
07-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Excuse me. How can you be too stupid to work for ESPN The Tabloid? :?:
It takes a special effort, but Perry found a way to do it. He's in a class all by himself.

I bet even Cub fans think he's a drillrod.

DaleJRFan
07-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Brian Anderson is showing no signs of adjusting. Anderson hit .161 in April, .167 in May, .196 in June, and hes off to a .182 start in July.

:?: Hey.. at least he is improving. Will HomeFish PLEEEZ drop these stats into a chart so we can see how long we have to wait for BA to reach 300?? :cool:

sullythered
07-07-2006, 02:54 AM
:?: Hey.. at least he is improving. Will HomeFish PLEEEZ drop these stats into a chart so we can see how long we have to wait for BA to reach 300?? :cool:
That Dayne quote you're refering to is a perfect example of why you can't just use stats to judge sports. He's shown no signs of adjusting. No, dumbass, his NUMBERS don't show any adjustment. Anybody with at least one eye that has actually WATCHED Brian Anderson bat the last month and a half compared to the start of the season can see the obvious adjustments he's made.

I don't think this guy has ever held a baseball in his hand, worn a baseball mit, or thrown anything more than a hissy fit in his miserable life.

DumpJerry
07-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Homefish has been banned. How will we get accurate and relevant statistical information? Where's the black ribbon when you need one?

Dancin' Homer
07-07-2006, 07:16 AM
The comments for the Nationals and Royals are the same.

:dumbass:

Baby Fisk
07-07-2006, 08:05 AM

Ewwwww!
He must be pounding down the big macs late at night because Podsednik still won't call him. Unrequited love is an ugly thing.

daveeym
07-07-2006, 09:20 AM

Ewwwww!Good i noticed that too, I can't believe that's him, I think they mixed up the photos. He hasn't aged well if that's actually him.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2006, 01:26 PM

You'll have to wait until HomeFish comes back in the fall.

RKMeibalane
07-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Homefish has been banned. How will we get accurate and relevant statistical information? Where's the black ribbon when you need one?

He'll be back to whine about the Cubs after they trade for Bobby Abreu in December.