PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Baltimore?

whitesoxwilkes
07-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I think this has been brought up before, and I know DumpJerry is going.

Who else is heading out to the Yards end of July?

Heffalump
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
My wife and I are going to the Friday game. Good seats: row BB behind the 3rd base dugout.

anotherDCsoxfan
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I'll be there Friday as well

delben91
07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll be there all 3 days. If anything gets organized to meet somewhere in the park, let me know. :cool:

woodsdavid
07-06-2006, 06:05 PM
I've got 2 extras on the 3rd base side on Saturday for sale: TERRACE BOX: SECTION 61, ROW J (see map: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bal/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp)
If you're interested, I can sell them at face. Pls email me. Bonus: You get to sit with Sox fans!

Also, I'm interested in getting tix for the Friday game.

PS: Where are people staying? Hotels in the Inner Harbour are sold-out.

mccoydp
07-06-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be at the Friday night game....section 30 (field box, mostly behind home plate), row ZZ, seats 5&6.

FJA
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
I'll be at Saturday for sure, and probably Sunday as well.

woodsdavid
07-06-2006, 06:16 PM
also in last thread, somebody strongly suggested taking the park tour: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bal/ballpark/tours.jsp

update: just signed up. with all of the ticketmaster charges admission is $21 for 2

Stroker Ace
07-06-2006, 07:09 PM
I might. I have some friends who live in Maryland that I plan on visiting and they always tell me I have to see Camden.

NDSox12
07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I will be at all three games. No tickets yet, but I'm not particularly concerned about that.

samram
07-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Haven't decided yet. I may make the trip up depending on what's going on at work.

EastCoastSoxFan
07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I'll be there Saturday with Mrs. EastCoastSoxFan...

I_Liked_Manuel
07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
i'll be there on friday and saturday

PINWHEELS
07-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Will be there Fri and Sat. with Chisox65.
Flying out Tue to Philly, and seeing Phillies play the D-Backs at CBB,
Driving down to DC on Wed. and seeing the Nats play the Giants at RFK on Thurs.
And Driving back up the coast to Balt. on Fri. for the 2 games.

roylestillman
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Returning to my favorite park in the majors (which kills me since it was the same architect as new Comiskey) on Friday and Saturday. No tix yet for Friday, but Club level for Sat.

robiwho
07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
The robiwho family is driving to Baltimore to visit friends for the week. I'll be at the Friday game with our hosts, on Saturday the whole crew, including the kids, will be in attendance.

kwolf68
07-07-2006, 02:16 PM
there...all 3.

1951Campbell
07-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Section 58, Row GG 15 & 16 for July 29.

JimmyJoe
07-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I'll be there with a group of guys for Friday and Saturday. Does anyone have any ideas for either a pre or post game meeting place for WSI'ers?

:bandance:

woodsdavid
07-17-2006, 06:15 PM
also in last thread, somebody strongly suggested taking the park tour: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bal/ballpark/tours.jsp

update: just signed up. with all of the ticketmaster charges admission is $21 for 2

Anyone else taking the Camden Yards tour?

MikeW
07-23-2006, 05:12 PM
My family and I will be there for all 3 games. No tickets yet,but that shouldn't
be a problem. This is our mini vacation from Connecticut.

DumpJerry
07-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Anyone else taking the Camden Yards tour?
My group is probably going to do it. Looks pretty cool.

RowanDye
07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I'll be there Saturday with my Dad and I'm thinking about sticking around for Sunday's game too. We'll probably tour Camden Yards on Saturday morning and hang out at Pickle's some time. Hope to see some of you around Baltimore!

ChiSox65
07-24-2006, 12:13 AM
My wife and I are going to the Friday game. Good seats: row BB behind the 3rd base dugout.

Me and my bro(pinwheels) will be there Friday (row BBB) next to the Sox dugout and Saturday (right behind Sox dugout).

Good Times.......Good Times.

Thome25
07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
I'll be there on 7/29 showing my Sox Pride in section 56 row FF. Sounds like the Sox Army is going to invade Baltimore bigtime!!

nysox35
07-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Hmm...I'm thinking of making a last minute decision to take the trip down.
I've always wanted to go to Camden Yards and since I'm in NY, it's not that far.
It also doesn't hurt that I met a girl yesterday who lives in Baltimore who I am :) over.

Seriously though, can anyone recommend good/cheap places to stay?
Anyone know how far the Greyhound stop is from Camden Yards and how easy it is to get around?

Any help is appreciated.
Go Sox!

NDSox12
07-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Last call.... who's gonna be there this weekend? Count me in for all three games. I'm going without tickets for all games A) because I'm not exactly worried about finding them and B) I'm not sure who all is going with me.

Tomorrow night it will be my sister and me. Possibly a couple friends on Saturday. Sunday is completely up in the air... could be just me.

Anybody have pre or post game plans? Its doubtful I'll be able to do anything tomorrow since I'm sure traffic will be terrible coming from DC. However, I'm definitely interested in hanging out with fellow WSIers on Saturday or Sunday.

whitesoxwilkes
07-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Last call.... who's gonna be there this weekend? Count me in for all three games. I'm going without tickets for all games A) because I'm not exactly worried about finding them and B) I'm not sure who all is going with me.

Tomorrow night it will be my sister and me. Possibly a couple friends on Saturday. Sunday is completely up in the air... could be just me.

Anybody have pre or post game plans? Its doubtful I'll be able to do anything tomorrow since I'm sure traffic will be terrible coming from DC. However, I'm definitely interested in hanging out with fellow WSIers on Saturday or Sunday.

I'll be at Pickles pregame Saturday (and possibly postgame too, if not at the Wharf Rat). I'll be wearing a Brian West #58 (!) 83 throwback jersey.

samram
07-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Assuming I get out of Newport News by 2:30 or so, I'll be up there to meet Cavahoo. I just hope my boss keeps his 3:30 flight out of here and I can get on the road.

drewcifer
07-28-2006, 08:19 AM
I think this has been brought up before, and I know DumpJerry is going.

Who else is heading out to the Yards end of July?

We're leaving tonight after work; we'll be there for tomorrow's afternoon game.

Club Level 242, Row EE.

Pequod
07-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Posted this question once before in another thread a few months ago, but here goes again in case anyone has better ideas:

Coming from Northern Virginia, what's the best way to get to Camden Yards on Saturday?

a) Drive and park -- if so, where and how early?
b) 703 MARC express bus from Greenbelt
c) ?

Randar68
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Posted this question once before in another thread a few months ago, but here goes again in case anyone has better ideas:

Coming from Northern Virginia, what's the best way to get to Camden Yards on Saturday?

c) ?

You can park in the lots right by the field. There are signs everywhere as you enter the area.

I will be there for the Sunday game. No tix yet, but should be plenty to be had.

NDSox12
07-28-2006, 11:55 AM

c) ?

I'm also coming from NoVa. Personally, I've driven and parked every time I have gone to Baltimore, so I may not be the best person to ask, but...

On weekends, it is a very easy drive up to Baltimore. I usually park in one of the downtown garages. There are several of them within a short walk of the park. I did discover a few weeks ago that there is a lot of construction going on near the park right now, but I'm not sure how that affects traffic, if at all.

The drive to Baltimore from NoVa shouldn't take much more than an hour on the weekend, but considering how unpredictable DC area traffic can be, I'd suggest giving yourself a little extra time.

The drive I'm worried about is tonight. It took me over three hours to get up there for the Friday night game last year and I wound up missing the first inning or two. I'm leaving work extremely early today to hopefully avoid a repeat.

Pequod
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok, thanks. Been to Inner Harbor many times, but never for or during a game. Thought weekend Inner Harbor crowd + Camden Yards crowd might = major parking headache. Leaving here ~2:30 should give me enough time to work that out, though.

DumpJerry
07-29-2006, 12:56 AM
I was at Friday night's game. Lost my voice in the 9th inning......:bandance:
Can't wait for Saturday's game.:D:

robiwho
07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
I was at Friday night's game. Lost my voice in the 9th inning......:bandance:
Can't wait for Saturday's game.:D:

Excellent time last night. Let's do it again today!