PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey renovation drawings

phaedrus
02-13-2002, 01:55 PM
sorry if this link was already posted in the past. if not - this is on the website of an architecture firm that claims to have worked on Miller Park, The Ballpark @ Arlington and other sports arenas. The drawings are allegedly the prelim plans for all the rennovations the Sox have made & plan to make to the park. If this is what they're going to do I can't wait to see it! The part that makes these believable is that many of the changes they discuss have already been made.

http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/sports.htm

AsInWreck
02-13-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
sorry if this link was already posted in the past. if not - this is on the website of an architecture firm that claims to have worked on Miller Park, The Ballpark @ Arlington and other sports arenas. The drawings are allegedly the prelim plans for all the rennovations the Sox have made & plan to make to the park. If this is what they're going to do I can't wait to see it! The part that makes these believable is that many of the changes they discuss have already been made.

The comiskey drawings have been linked before, but the other drawings were cool, too.

hold2dibber
02-13-2002, 03:02 PM
The plans look fantastic -- that upper deck in right center would be absolutely great. But does anyone know how they plan on financing these renovations? Are the renovations contingent upon them securing someone who will pay for naming rights (in which case the lovely "new" stadium will be Andersen Accounting Park or some such, I suppose)?

FarmerAndy
02-13-2002, 04:53 PM
The word is that there will be a new batter's eye in center field in place for the 2002 season, with bushes and trees and stuff. These drawings, however, show a large green wall in center.

I like the idea of a big green wall out there, it looks great in the picture. But if they've already done all of this other stuff in center, I can't see them tearing it up a year later to put up that wall.

All of those pictures look great, but somehow I don't think the park will end up looking that way. If somehow, by the grace of God, Comiskey ends up looking like it does in those pictures, along with green seats, we just might have ourselves a nice lookin' ballpark on the south side. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

foulkesfan11
02-13-2002, 05:38 PM
I wasn't aware of the right field changes, but it looks cool!

:kelly

Chisox_cali
02-13-2002, 05:46 PM
This off season has been: enclosing club level, adding batters eye and upgrades to the main concourse:

Read On (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20010815_comiske y_news&team_id=cws)

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-13-2002, 06:57 PM
My computer freaked out on me earlier so I couldn't reply.

Don't worry, we are all taking a collection to pay for the renovations.
:gulp:
My beer is empty. There must be a whole in the bottle.

Dadawg_77
02-13-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
The plans look fantastic -- that upper deck in right center would be absolutely great. But does anyone know how they plan on financing these renovations? Are the renovations contingent upon them securing someone who will pay for naming rights (in which case the lovely "new" stadium will be Andersen Accounting Park or some such, I suppose)?

Well some of the bill will be footed by Il taxpayers. The Bears deal included money for Comiskey, I think $25 million or $5 million, I think.

Pete_SSAC
02-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus

I would love to see all of that put in, it looks great, but I don't see all of it happening. I do remeber hearing that the facade will get a major overhaul after this season, for the 2003 All-Star Game.

- Pete

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 06:25 AM
Not trying to be greedy here, but eventually wouldn't an upper duck in LF look cool? Most of those awesome upper deck and roof shots were to LF anyway. Maybe this has tto do with the Sox constanly preaching that they want their hitters to drive the ball to the opposite field? I'll be satisfied either way. That RF upper deck looks too sweet. I'd like to see one in LF one day with the same design. LF was the real party spot in the old park!

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 06:27 AM
Bring back the cat walk behind the score board!

CubKilla
02-14-2002, 12:40 PM
I'm totally in agreement RPS..... except for the catwalk.

RedPinStripes
02-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
I'm totally in agreement RPS..... except for the catwalk.

What was wrong with it? It definatly wouldn't be needed in this park with all the walking room in the OF.

Foulke You
02-14-2002, 03:44 PM
I like the way the drawings look too but I have one question. If those billboards in right field are going to be on top of the new upper deck, won't they be scraping some airplanes headed to Meigs Field? They sure would be up there!

:liefer
I'll be able to jack it into that new porch. No problem!