PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Going to Detroit ???

Cat Thief
07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I booked the room and bought tickets for the game last night. The wife and I are attending on the 19th and 20th.I was rather surpised on the lack of tickets available. Hopefully there will be alot of Sox fans there.

Round Trip on Southwest $288 (for 2)
2 nights at the Hilton on the other side of the river. ($286)
Rental car for 2 days ($112)
2 tickets to each game ($84)

Maybe we can keep it under $1000 if we don't :gulp:

voodoochile
07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
I booked the room and bought tickets for the game last night. The wife and I are attending on the 19th and 20th.I was rather surpised on the lack of tickets available. Hopefully there will be alot of Sox fans there.

Round Trip on Southwest $288 (for 2)
2 nights at the Hilton on the other side of the river. ($286)
Rental car for 2 days ($112)
2 tickets to each game ($84)

Maybe we can keep it under $1000 if we don't :gulp:

Just curious, but why are you flying to Detroit? It won't save you any time with the 1.5 hour pre-flight checkin requirement.

Meixner007
07-06-2006, 02:33 PM
What 1.5 hour check in requirement?

soxfan13
07-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Just curious, but why are you flying to Detroit? It won't save you any time with the 1.5 hour pre-flight checkin requirement.

could actually check in very quick at midway if time is right

soxfan13
07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
What 1.5 hour check in requirement?

Not a requirement just a suggestion

Scottiehaswheels
seriously... its only like a 5.5 hour drive.... renting a car/airfare will cost you more than double the cost of gas to just drive yourself? Plus you miss out on all the beautiful south Detroit scenery!

Cat Thief
We drove to Cleveland with some friends in May. We drove to Sandusky (Cedar Point) and Cincinnati with the kids in June. I'm sick of driving. Also, by driving the way I have in the past 2 trips I would be risking a expensive speeding ticket. Just not worth it to me.

I wasn't aware of that 1.5 hour rule. I guess I better look into it.

cheeses_h_rice
07-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74084).

ChiSoxGirl
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Yes (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74084).

You forgot me in that cast! :(: I never even saw that thread, but I think it's because it was started when I was in Pittsburgh and I didn't feel like spending $0.60/minute in the Westin's computer center to read every thread on WSI!

And for the record, I'm a member of the "let's leave late Wednesday afternoon" camp. I don't want to be up in the middle of night to go to Detroit! A trip to a tropical place? Yes. A roadtrip to Detroit? Not so much.

And maybe we should book a hotel room... it's two weeks away.

WSDaytonOH
07-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I did the drive last September for the Clincher. Dayton to Rock City in about 3.5 hours. Still making up my mind...you say not many tickets left?

Cat Thief
07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
I did the drive last September for the Clincher. Dayton to Rock City in about 3.5 hours. Still making up my mind...you say not many tickets left?

Last night on Ticktemaster the Best available was in 145. Obstructed view because of the foul pole. Today there are some down the first base line.

:dunno:

Cat Thief
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
You forgot me in that cast! :(: I never even saw that thread, but I think it's because it was started when I was in Pittsburgh and I didn't feel like spending $0.60/minute in the Westin's computer center to read every thread on WSI!

And for the record, I'm a member of the "let's leave late Wednesday afternoon" camp. I don't want to be up in the middle of night to go to Detroit! A trip to a tropical place? Yes. A roadtrip to Detroit? Not so much.

And maybe we should book a hotel room... it's two weeks away.

The Hilton in Windsor is where we are staying. Looks real nice. Kinda pricey unless you can split with someone.

ChiSoxGirl
07-06-2006, 03:52 PM
The Hilton in Windsor is where we are staying. Looks real nice. Kinda pricey unless you can split with someone.

Yes, I'll have at least one roommate. Is The Hilton where the Sox stay? If not, does anyone know where they stay in Detroit? I tend to come away with awesome stories when I stay where the team is! :wink:

cheeses_h_rice
07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes, I'll have at least one roommate. Is The Hilton where the Sox stay? If not, does anyone know where they stay in Detroit? I tend to come away with awesome stories when I stay where the team is! :wink:

Ask Chisoxgirl where she told Scottie Pods the bathroom was at the hotel in Pittsburgh... :wink:

LauraJ14
07-06-2006, 03:56 PM
They typically stay in Dearborn, not sure what hotel, though the info is in the media guide.

Cat Thief
07-06-2006, 03:57 PM

It was $250 a night. I forget the name. It also was like 30 miles away.

ChiSoxGirl
07-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Ask Chisoxgirl where she wanted to tell Scottie Pods the bathroom was at the hotel in Pittsburgh... :wink:

Fixed it for you. :wink:

Meixner007
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Not a requirement just a suggestion

Since you're flying southwest just check in on-line. Go online exactly, or close to, 24 hours before your flight and you're pretty much guarenteed an A pass. Then you can arrive whenever you feel like it. Best bet is to just have a carry on bag. Just make sure to allow enough time for security and you'll be fine.

kevingrt
07-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I will definitely be down there for the night game and day game. They better allow tailgating around Comerica.

Huisj
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
We drove to Cleveland with some friends in May. We drove to Sandusky (Cedar Point) and Cincinnati with the kids in June. I'm sick of driving. Also, by driving the way I have in the past 2 trips I would be risking a expensive speeding ticket. Just not worth it to me.

I wasn't aware of that 1.5 hour rule. I guess I better look into it.

simple, drive slower, don't risk getting expensive tickets, and in the process you also save a bunch on gas money by getting better mileage.

The Immigrant
07-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I believe that most pro teams visiting Detroit stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Dearborn, which is about 30 minutes from downtown. The hotels in downtown Detroit are generally not up to snuff.

Cat Thief
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
simple, drive slower, don't risk getting expensive tickets, and in the process you also save a bunch on gas money by getting better mileage.

Thanks for the advice.

maurice
07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm a definite "maybe" for 7/18.
We usually stay in the suburbs.

bigfoot
07-06-2006, 10:23 PM

Be sure to fill up your Prius in Indiana for that low, low gas price,too! I send the shoehorn!!!!!!!:o: :wink:

dcb56
07-06-2006, 10:34 PM

My trusty media guide says they stay at the Townsend Hotel.

Bobbo35
07-06-2006, 10:40 PM
My buddy and I are going and are staying at my college buddies place 3 blocks from the park. We are driving too. Seats are 10 rows up on third base side for the day and night game.

WS in 05
07-06-2006, 10:42 PM
whats the lenght of the drive doing about 80?

GregoryEtc
07-06-2006, 11:50 PM
I'll be there for the Wed night game (short drive from Ann Arbor).

Upper Deck Sec. 321 Row C with Mrs. Etc and my little Etc's.

It would be nice if we had a nice lead in the division by then.