PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Wrong Again!

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-06-2006, 02:26 AM
The White Sox got alot of help from GARY Garland. I knew ESPN was dumb, but wow.

QCIASOXFAN
07-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Ozzie Smith coaches our team also.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-06-2006, 02:40 AM
I think we should make an official list of names ESPN Got Wrong: Gary Garland, Chad Hermanson, Freddy Guzman, et al.

QCIASOXFAN
07-06-2006, 02:55 AM
Brian Munson

DumpJerry
07-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm starting a new all-sports network. Our tag lines: We get it right. We know what we're talking about. There are 47 other states besides New York, Massachusetts and California.

Remember last summer when ESPN did that 50 states in 50 days thing? How pitiful was that?

Frontman
07-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Don't forget we also have Tada Taguchi playing second.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-06-2006, 10:43 AM
The funny thing is Garland is nowhere near the quality you need to be to exude "Gary."

Shakey Bonez
07-06-2006, 11:37 AM
The White Sox got alot of help from GARY Garland. I knew ESPN was dumb, but wow.

Yep - funny how you point out ESPN for saying something dumb in the same sentence you combine two words to create one "A LOT" is not spelled "ALOT"

TommyJohn
07-06-2006, 11:39 AM
ESPN is starting to remind me of Archie Bunker, when he called Eldridge
Cleaver "Elder Cleavage."

JermaineDye05
07-06-2006, 11:42 AM
was this gary garland thing a printed/online source or did you see it on sports center or BBTN

ChiSoxLifer
07-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Not to mention that this weekend while Giambi was batting, the announcer (Miller?) read the graphics on the television screen that Giambi was leading the AL in home runs with 24. I had to double check the stats because I was pretty sure some guy named Thome already had 26.

skottyj242
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I get the names of ballplayers wrong all the time. There are thirty teams with 25 players on each team that's 750 players. I wonder how many times they get other players names wrong and I don't notice it. It's not that big of a deal. NOBODY IS PERFECT!!!!

SoxFan78
07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I get the names of ballplayers wrong all the time. There are thirty teams with 25 players on each team that's 750 players. I wonder how many times they get other players names wrong and I don't notice it. It's not that big of a deal. NOBODY IS PERFECT!!!!

The difference is you arent getting paid to get the names of ballplayers right, the clowns at ESPN are.

itsnotrequired
07-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Yeah, but they are paid to know that stuff while we are not. And it isn't like Garland is some recent AAA callup. And Gary Garland? That isn't even close.

miker
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, but they are paid to know that stuff while we are not. And it isn't like Garland is some recent AAA callup. And Gary Garland? That isn't even close.
I totally agree with you, however when was the last time any broadcast media ran a "correction" like the print media reluctantly does.

My take: they don't care what they say as long as the cable companies, dish companies and advertisers keep sending them money. And we fools still watch...

Chez
07-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Didn't Gary Garland play basketball for DePaul in the 70's?

MeteorsSox4367
07-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Yep. Gary Garland was one of the Demons' guards in the late 70s and wore No. 24 (if memory serves). I think he's also a cousin or step-brother of either Whitney Houston or her mom. Something like that. I believe he was on the DePaul team that lost to Indiana State and Larry Bird in the national semis in 1979 in Salt Lake City.

white sox bill
07-06-2006, 01:14 PM
At least they didn't call him Judy Garland

Chez
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
At least they didn't call him Judy Garland

Or Gary Glover -- which is even a bigger insult.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
was this gary garland thing a printed/online source or did you see it on sports center or BBTN

I heard it on the last second of the sox coverage on sports center

Tekijawa
07-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Wait until they annouce BJ Pierzynski has been voted into the All Star game!

MISoxfan
07-06-2006, 01:46 PM
That would be a good comparison if cubsfansareDRUNK was supposedly a spelling expert reporting for the grammar and spelling news network.

cws05champ
07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Can we just make it official and call ESPN, ECSPN(East Coast Sports Network)?

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
That would be a good comparison if cubsfansareDRUNK was supposedly a spelling expert reporting for the grammar and spelling news network.

THANK YOU MISOXFAN! :bandance:

UofCSoxFan
07-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't know...this prob deserves its own thread...but on baseball tonight yesterday they were showing a ball that was foul tipped THEN JUGGLED by the catcher and finally caught by the Royals catcher and the Twings player was allowed to steal second. The Royals manager went nuts and was tossed and ESPN sides with the umpire. What ESPN fails to realize is that a fould tip must go directly from bat to the catchers glove in order to be a fould tip. Otherwise it is a foul ball. Any little league ump should know this. This was a terrible call by the umpire and ESPN calls the manager an idiot for arguing. Unreal.

ChiSoxLifer
07-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't know...this prob deserves its own thread...but on baseball tonight yesterday they were showing a ball that was foul tipped THEN JUGGLED by the catcher and finally caught by the Royals catcher and the Twings player was allowed to steal second. The Royals manager went nuts and was tossed and ESPN sides with the umpire. What ESPN fails to realize is that a fould tip must go directly from bat to the catchers glove in order to be a fould tip. Otherwise it is a foul ball. Any little league ump should know this. This was a terrible call by the umpire and ESPN calls the manager an idiot for arguing. Unreal.

Wasn't the catcher actually holding the ball with his bare hand after it bobbled around a bit? It hit the glove, bounced off his chest and arm, then caught it with his bare hand. I would think that's the same as catching it with a glove. Tell me if I'm wrong...

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Can we just make it official and call ESPN, ECSPN(East Coast Sports Network)?

I prefer to refer to them as 4C (Crap City Cable Co.).The "Crap City"
is a reference to Capital City,an ABC affiliate which owns the network
(sorry if I messed up my facts,Lip).