PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rodgers to start the AS Game?

WizardsofOzzie
07-05-2006, 10:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2510423

Let him go all 9 ozzie!!!

oeo
07-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Does Johan start on Sunday or something? He should be starting the ASG; Jose would if he didn't start Sunday because he's having a better year than Rogers.

TDog
07-06-2006, 02:27 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2510423

Let him go all 9 ozzie!!!

Actually, Lefty Grove pitched 6 innings as the starter in the 1935 All-Star Game. Now pitchers are limited to 3 innings.

I would like to see Santana go three, though. I don't believe Rogers could go 3 without getting roughed up, even if he's only going against the NL.

jdm2662
07-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Does Johan start on Sunday or something? He should be starting the ASG; Jose would if he didn't start Sunday because he's having a better year than Rogers.

Yes, Santana does start on Sunday, otherwise, he'd be the starter. Rogers doesn't pitch again until after the all-star break. The starter generally goes two innings, which Rogers will be available. Jose and Santana are not.

Zisk77
07-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Why him? I hear he's the Coward of the County (Ha no tired no when to holdem crap :tongue: )!

RKMeibalane
07-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Actually, Lefty Grove pitched 6 innings as the starter in the 1935 All-Star Game. Now pitchers are limited to 3 innings.

I would like to see Santana go three, though. I don't believe Rogers could go 3 without getting roughed up, even if he's only going against the NL.

I just don't like the idea of starting a lefty against a predominately right-handed lineup (if you include the switch-hitters). Utley and McCann are the only true left-handed hitters. This is the lineup I'd use:

LF- Alfonso Soriano
SS- Jose Reyes
1B- Albert Pujols
CF- Carlos Beltran
3B- David Wright
2B- Chase Utley
RF- Jason Bay
C- Brian McCann
P- NL Starter

Edit:

While I'm at it, here's the American League starting lineup I'd go with:

CF- Ichiro Suzuki