PDA

View Full Version : This weekend's pitching matchups

hawkjt
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
will be Lester vs Buerhle, Beckett vs Freddie, and Schilling vs Jose , I presume.

Call me paranoid, cuz I am, but when I look at the first half I really think the sox have somehow ended up always getting the top 2 or 3 pitchers on the opposing teams staffs in virtually every series.

Sabbathia-mulitple times
Lee- same
Westbrook-same
Elarton
Rogers
Verlander
Bondermann
Santana-always
Kaazmir
Bedard
Zito
Haren
Zambrono-always.
Reyes
Mulder
Oswalt
Pettite
Duke
Schilling
Beckett
Moyer

ones we have missed;
halladay
liriano

I know this sounds like whining but I guess last year it seemed we did miss a lot of the best starters for quite awhile so I suppose this is just evens out over time.

Would not have minded missing both schilling and beckett , tho. With detroit following us during interleague play we always got the front end of the rotation opposing us and then they would get the back end. Just the way it fell I guess.

Hope we beat the hell out of schilling and beckett, lester is a new lefty which could be bad also.

stl_sox_fan
07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Schilling vs Contreras on Sunday? And ESPN decides to air Cardinals/Astros for Sunday Night Baseball(at least Charter here says so)? This is when I totally agree with ESPN airing every single Red Sox or Yankees game!!!

Scottiehaswheels
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd love to have Mark shut out the Red Cubs for say 8 and then spike Schilling for 10 runs in say 1 and a third.... w/o someone from last year in CF, who seemed to ALWAYS ground into inning ending DP's against Schilling, it might be possible.... Then we can tell the east coasters to blow their snub talk out their rears

The Immigrant
07-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Cardinals - we missed Carpenter
Astros - we missed Clemens
Reds - we missed Arroyo (wish we didn't!)
Blue Jays (2x) - we missed Halladay

oeo
07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
will be Lester vs Buerhle, Beckett vs Freddie, and Schilling vs Jose , I presume.

Call me paranoid, cuz I am, but when I look at the first half I really think the sox have somehow ended up always getting the top 2 or 3 pitchers on the opposing teams staffs in virtually every series.

Sabbathia-mulitple times
Lee- same
Westbrook-same
Elarton
Rogers
Verlander
Bondermann
Santana-always
Kaazmir
Bedard
Zito
Haren
Zambrono-always.
Reyes
Mulder
Oswalt
Pettite
Duke
Schilling
Beckett
Moyer

ones we have missed;
halladay
liriano

I know this sounds like whining but I guess last year it seemed we did miss a lot of the best starters for quite awhile so I suppose this is just evens out over time.

Would not have minded missing both schilling and beckett , tho. With detroit following us during interleague play we always got the front end of the rotation opposing us and then they would get the back end. Just the way it fell I guess.

Hope we beat the hell out of schilling and beckett, lester is a new lefty which could be bad also.
Liriano came to the starting rotation AFTER the last time we played them. We faced him out of the bullpen, and I'm sure we will face him a few times before the season is over. This team does better against top pitchers, outside of Santana; so bring on whatever they've got.

Cardinals - we missed Carpenter
Astros - we missed Clemens
Reds - we missed Arroyo (wish we didn't!)
Blue Jays (2x) - we missed Halladay
I would rather they faced Carpenter, who they have a scouting report on, than Reyes.
Clemens would have gotten slaughtered, it would have been his second start back; he didn't fare to well against the Tiggers.
Arroyo would have been mashed.
I'm glad we missed Halladay. :D:

hi im skot
07-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Bring it.

:thumbsup: