PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Beer Cut Off Rules

mandmandm
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM
With two outs in the seventh yesterday I quickly went to get a beer. As my pour was complete the third out was made and the beer vendor told the three guys behind me that the beer sales were complete.

I was at a roof top party on Saturday and noticed that the beer tent behind the scoreboard in left center field continued to pour beer well into the eighth inning. With the problems on both sides of town in the past I thought there was a citywide ordinance on when beer sales stop. Is the Tribune breaking those rules. Any other similar observations from last weekend's series? Not to kick somebody when their down but when it is the Tribune you might as well add gasoline to the fire that is the 2006 season on the northside.

itsnotrequired
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
From cubs.com

Alcoholic Beverage Policies: Alcoholic beverages will not be sold after the last out of the 8th inning during day games and the last out of the 7th inning or 9:20 p.m. for night games. Guests who appear to be under age 35 are required to show a valid photo ID indicating legal proof of age when purchasing alcohol at Wrigley Field. The Cubs reserve the right to deny any individual who appears intoxicated entry to Wrigley Field. The Cubs and Levy reserve the right to deny beverage services to any customer that appears intoxicated.

From whitesox.com

Alcoholic Beverage Policies
Alcoholic beverages may not be carried into U.S. Cellular Field. Guests who appear to be under the age of 30 are required to show valid ID indicating legal proof of age before purchasing alcohol inside the ballpark. Beer sales are limited to four (4) beers per transaction. All beer sales will stop after the last out of the 7th inning. The Chicago White Sox game day staff reserves the right to deny any individual who appears to be impaired entry into U.S. Cellular Field. The Chicago White Sox and concessions staff also reserve the right to deny beverage service to any guest who appears to be impaired. Service limits and times of service may change at the discretion of the Chicago White Sox.

mandmandm
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks for clarification.