PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans Going To Yankee Series

soxchick20
07-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey, Just Wondering If There Were Any Sox Fans Going To New York Next Weekend For The Wsox/yankee Series? If So, Which Game Are You Going To And Where R U Staying?

I'll Be At Game 2, Sat. Staying At Grand H.

CHIsoxNation
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I'll be there all weekend. I have tickets to Friday's game so far but will be picking up more I'm sure. We are staying in some suites on the East side of Manhattan.

palehozenychicty
07-05-2006, 01:42 PM
I'll be at one or two of the games. I mean, the stadium is only ten minutes from my building and all, by bus....:D: .

Roof Shot
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm heading to Friday's game...

redsand22
07-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I have 2 tickets to Friday if anyone would like to purchase them. Broke up with my gf who lives out there so I'm not going. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

EastCoastSoxFan
07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I'll probably be at Friday's game.
Are there any pre-game gathering places? The other times I have gone to Yankee Stadium I haven't had a whole lot of time before or after the game to hang out, but this time I might...

cws05champ
07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Me and my wife will be there as well for Friday & Saturday. We are staying in Manhattan near Grand central station. Let me know if any of you are planning to get together at the stadium or elsewhere either day. :D:

California Sox
07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I'll be there on Saturday with my Dad and brother. It's my birthday present to my Dad. :smile:

kwa
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I'll be going. I have not figured out how many or which games I'll be going to.
It would be great to see some WSI folks there. I feel isolated as a White Sox fan living in NY.

cws05champ
07-06-2006, 09:21 PM
It would be great to see some WSI folks there. I feel isolated as a White Sox fan living in NY.

Any suggestions on where to meet up/hang out in NY or at the stadium?

ChiSoxFan7
07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
i'll be there.

edit: for the friday game

CosmRoksTHHP
07-06-2006, 11:43 PM
I went out to NY last year (the Contreras Revenge Game).
Its kind of like a Wrigley atmosphere around the park. you can pretty much just walk out of the park and into a bar.
There was one bar I went to I cant remember the name of it, it was pretty small with a pretty huge bouncer at the door. When you see the Mike Piazza bobblehead wearing makeup,you know youre in the right place.lol.
The Yankee fans were pretty much cool even though the Sox won.
A great experience Ill never forget.

redsand22
07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I still have 2 tix to the friday night game if anyone is interested. Thanks!

nedlug
07-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll be there Saturday night with my entire family, so if you see 5 people decked out in Sox gear, it's probably me et al. Say hey if you want to!

EDIT: Sorry, meant afternoon. Still, say hey!

cws05champ
07-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I'll be there Saturday night with my entire family, so if you see 5 people decked out in Sox gear, it's probably me et al. Say hey if you want to!

I believe Saturday is a Day game...should be Fox national broadcast.

soxjim
07-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I will be going to the game on Friday.

Minnie Me
07-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Hey, Just Wondering If There Were Any Sox Fans Going To New York Next Weekend For The Wsox/yankee Series? If So, Which Game Are You Going To And Where R U Staying?

I'll Be At Game 2, Sat. Staying At Grand H.

The son of Minnie Me will be there in full Sox gear.

CHIsoxNation
07-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I'll probably be at Friday's game.
Are there any pre-game gathering places? The other times I have gone to Yankee Stadium I haven't had a whole lot of time before or after the game to hang out, but this time I might...

I'd be up for meeting some fans somewhere before the game if possible. This is our first time going out to NY so I don't have any suggestions really. We are going to the Conan taping at 4:30 and plan on heading straight to the park or bar from there.

Discinfool23
07-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey all,

My Wife (As of Friday 07/14) and I will be going to the Sunday game at Yankee Stadium. Be interested to see how many Sox fans there are out there. How is the atmosphere to opposing teams fans there? We have bleacher seats in Left Field in Row E, how are these seats? I know the sections do not start with Row A, but how far back will we be? The seating chart seemed really confusing with all of the different ways the sections were numbered. Any help/information would be appreciated. I look forward to seeing some of my fellow Sox fans and can't wait for the second half.

Jason McKinney

:dtroll:

palehozenychicty
07-11-2006, 05:55 PM

I've been holding it down for the sox here in the city. i'll be at friday's game with my southside hitmen hat on.

asindc
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll be attending Saturday's game in New York. I'd like to hear from others who will be there. I am also looking for a casual restaurant suggestion with good atmosphere and good food.:smile:

ChiSoxFan7
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I'll be attending Saturday's game in New York. I'd like to hear from others who will be there. I am also looking for a casual restaurant suggestion with good atmosphere and good food.:smile:

i'll be there. but im from around here so i can't give any pointers. Sorry.

credeistheman
07-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey all,

My Wife (As of Friday 07/14) and I will be going to the Sunday game at Yankee Stadium. Be interested to see how many Sox fans there are out there. How is the atmosphere to opposing teams fans there? We have bleacher seats in Left Field in Row E, how are these seats? I know the sections do not start with Row A, but how far back will we be? The seating chart seemed really confusing with all of the different ways the sections were numbered. Any help/information would be appreciated. I look forward to seeing some of my fellow Sox fans and can't wait for the second half.

Jason McKinney

the right-field bleachers are notoriously rough for opposing fans...but wait, yankee stadium doesn't have bleachers in left, only in right and center. do you guys have a box in left?

soxchick20
07-12-2006, 01:53 PM
i'll be at saturday's game too, planning on going to little italy after....not sure exactly which restaurant though.

asindc
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I had started another thread on this yesterday before seeing this one(moderator, please feel free to merge thread entitled "Any Sox fans attending Sat. game at NYY?" with this one).

I'll be at Saturday's game. Anyone else? Also, for the NY-based Sox fans, any good suggestions on a casual after-game restaurant with good food and atmosphere? Nothing dressy, of course, but no hole-in-the-wall, either.

Discinfool23
07-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Sorry, I meant to say Right Field. Of courseI would be in a section where the fans will be jerks. It is a nonalcoholic section though, so hopefully it won't be too bad. How far back is row E? Am I looking at decent seats? Thanks!

cws05champ
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry, I meant to say Right Field. Of courseI would be in a section where the fans will be jerks. It is a nonalcoholic section though, so hopefully it won't be too bad. How far back is row E? Am I looking at decent seats? Thanks!

I'll be in Rt Field Friday Box 333 Row 1, and Tier 14 on Saturday....Hopefully there are a lot Sox fans to watch each other backs!!

EastCoastSoxFan
07-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I'll be in Rt Field Friday Box 333 Row 1, and Tier 14 on Saturday....Hopefully there are a lot Sox fans to watch each other backs!!The Yankees fans I have run across have pretty much all been cool, but if the Sox play interleague in Philadelphia next season, we'll DEFINITELY have to be watching each other's backs.
Incidentally, I'm somewhere in the upper deck on the third base side (for Friday night's game), so I hope to see some of you either before or during the game (and see my sig for how to find me!)...

WikdChiSoxFan
07-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Saturday and Sunday!!!!!!!

I'll be there...

But seriously, nobodies got any recommendations? I thought, like, there was stuff to do in NY!?

wilburaga
07-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Saturday, section 13, mezzanine, with the missus. Pretty good seats for this old cheapskate.

W

CHIsoxNation
07-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Saturday and Sunday!!!!!!!

I'll be there...

But seriously, nobodies got any recommendations? I thought, like, there was stuff to do in NY!?

So did I

EastCoastSoxFan
07-13-2006, 10:14 AM
So did IOh, there's plenty to do in NYC, but most of it takes place in Manhattan rather than the Bronx. But all we need for a pre-game gathering is one half-decent restaurant/bar near Yankee Stadium...

2005gosoxgo
07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Stan the Man's is a decent bar across the street, i am working in Manhattan and should make it up around 5:30. It would be fun as hell to walk into Stan's with a White Sox army inside knocking down some suds :)

Finally I get to walk into the house that Ruth built with a World Series Champion hat!!!

Oh, and Sox fans, get ready for the B.S. from the yanks fans " wow you won your 3rd, dont talk to me till you get 26" Yankees fans always seem to harp about the past to rub it in your face when their team is playing a little flat.

nysox35
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey all,

I live in NY and am going Friday night w/ my gf and 2 friends who came in from Chicago.

As has been said, the stadium has a Wrigley like environment in the sense there are a ton of places across the street. If you go to the main intersection, 161 and River ave, you'll see what I mean.

Stan's is a good suggestion, but I'd recommend Billy's (a few doors down, closer to 161 on River). It's a little bigger and more spread out. Also, there are two parts to it and you can get some decent grub in the restaurant side.
My favorite place is actually immediately next door to Billy's, on the right. They just have a sign that says like "Pizza, Food Burgers" and you can get food there. Then, if you go in the back of the place, there is a room w/ a TV and they have a bar. They sell 24 oz. cans for the price of a 12 oz beer at stan's or billy's... $7.50.
It's not a good meeting place for a big group, but a good place to throw a few back cheaper and get more value.

Also, if you're sitting in the bleachers, don't mouth off. People are cool, but if you show that you let stuff bother you, the bleacha creatchas will be all over you.
As the last poster said, they hold the trump card w/ the 26 titles thing.

I'm looking forward to the series. Go Sox

WikdChiSoxFan
07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Stan the Man's is a decent bar across the street, i am working in Manhattan and should make it up around 5:30. It would be fun as hell to walk into Stan's with a White Sox army inside knocking down some suds :)

Finally I get to walk into the house that Ruth built with a World Series Champion hat!!!

Oh, and Sox fans, get ready for the B.S. from the yanks fans " wow you won your 3rd, dont talk to me till you get 26" Yankees fans always seem to harp about the past to rub it in your face when their team is playing a little flat.

All right, seeing as this is the only bar name given, I may just seek out Stan the Man's.

and in response to those yankmee fans that brag about their trophies, just tell them that you support a team that doesn't pay you to like them

EDIT: Billy's or Stan the Man's? Well, we'll all be in black and white pinstripes, should stand out against the navy blue pinstripes...

nysox35
07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Just an FYI...

Billy's and Stan the man's are on the same block, so you could easily hop around if one looks better than the other.

Also, Make sure you take the D train and not the B train uptown if you're commuting from Manhattan.
The B train will get you there, but about a half hour slower since it's a local.

If you're on the east side, take the 4 train uptown.

tacosalbarojas
07-13-2006, 12:21 PM
the right-field bleachers are notoriously rough for opposing fans...but wait, yankee stadium doesn't have bleachers in left, only in right and center. do you guys have a box in left?Sat in those bleachers late in '93 for a SOX/NYY tilt. Funny, those "ruffians" didn't have too much to say back then!

nysox35
07-13-2006, 12:26 PM
lol..yeah, 93 I bet they didn't.

If you're in Section 37-43 bleachers, one thing they do is pick out a fan of the other team (usually only if you're annoying) and point at you and sing along to YMCA (they play it when the field crew comes out in the 5th inning).

Only they sing, "Why are you..." Think of what ozzie said about Mariotti...
It used to be crazier there though when they served beer still.

CHIsoxNation
07-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Just an FYI...

Billy's and Stan the man's are on the same block, so you could easily hop around if one looks better than the other.

Also, Make sure you take the D train and not the B train uptown if you're commuting from Manhattan.
The B train will get you there, but about a half hour slower since it's a local.

If you're on the east side, take the 4 train uptown.

So you would take the D train then from Grand Central Station?

nysox35
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
No, Grand Central is on the East side.
You'd take the 4 train up to Yankee Stadium (161st Street)
The 4 is also an express train.

EastCoastSoxFan
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
2005gosoxgo and nysox35, thanks for the tips.
I'll probably hit Stan the Man's and Billy's (just as several of us hit Hi-Tops and Firewater's in the 'Burgh) before the game on Friday.
Hope to see you there...

tacosalbarojas
07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
The 4 is also an express train.Can I get some PATH train love? Jersey to the City to the Bronx baby. I was all about it in '93-'94. Paved the way for me to see the 1994 SOX play the only times I was able to.

CHIsoxNation
07-13-2006, 12:49 PM
The 4 is also an express train.

Awesome! Thanks :gulp:

nysox35
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Can I get some PATH train love? Jersey to the City to the Bronx baby. I was all about it in '93-'94. Paved the way for me to see the 1994 SOX play the only times I was able to.

Awesome! I used to take the path...I went to College In Jersey City near the JSQ stop...

tacosalbarojas
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Awesome! I used to take the path...I went to College In Jersey City near the JSQ stop...Broad Street, Newark rider here.

2005gosoxgo
07-13-2006, 02:19 PM
the D train is a 6th avenue express and turns up Central Park West , the 4 train is a lexington avenue express , both stop at the stadium. For those Sox fans whodo have bleecher seats, i recocmend trading them in for a regular seat, I've been going to sox-yanks games since 1991 and they will get real nasty with you just for having a Sox jersey on , and they have no mercy if you are bringing children along, I highly do not reccomend the bleechers. They will rip of hats, and you will not see them again, and I am not exaggerating. I'm a member of the NYPD, so please heed my advice, and have a fun and safe time at the Stadium:) I hope meeting you there.

I will be at stan the man's around 5:00PM in a road McDowell jersey.

P.S. -- If you get in the Stadium early, you are allowed to walk to the back of the bull pen and see the old monuments that were once on the playing field as well as the retired numbers, it truly is a treat for all fans of the game.

jenn2080
07-13-2006, 02:25 PM
the D train is a 6th avenue express and turns up Central Park West , the 4 train is a lexington avenue express , both stop at the stadium. For those Sox fans whodo have bleecher seats, i recocmend trading them in for a regular seat, I've been going to sox-yanks games since 1991 and they will get real nasty with you just for having a Sox jersey on , and they have no mercy if you are bringing children along, I highly do not reccomend the bleechers. They will rip of hats, and you will not see them again, and I am not exaggerating. I'm a member of the NYPD, so please heed my advice, and have a fun and safe time at the Stadium:) I hope meeting you there.

P.S. -- If you get in the Stadium early, you are allowed to walk to the back of the bull pen and see the old monuments that were once on the playing field as well as the retired numbers, it truly is a treat for all fans of the game.

I also suggest trading your upper deck tix for somethin else in the lower level. That is the most dangerous upper deck ive been in. And if you keep them dont drink.

jenn2080
07-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Can I get some PATH train love? Jersey to the City to the Bronx baby. I was all about it in '93-'94. Paved the way for me to see the 1994 SOX play the only times I was able to.

You take the Path into Penn Station from there you can pick up the 4 or the 6. I think you can pick up the D too but i am not sure. If you cant all the trains are in time square not that far away.

CHIsoxNation
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM

Wow, that's nuts. I chose not to get bleachers because you couldn't drink back there. I ended up getting upper deck, but from what I heard that might not be much better.

EastCoastSoxFan
07-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow, that's nuts. I chose not to get bleachers because you couldn't drink back there. I ended up getting upper deck, but from what I heard that might not be much better.I've been in various locations in the upper deck all three times in Yankee Stadium, and I've never had a problem with any fans up there.
But then again, I'm not the sort to get into it with opposing (home) fans other than a little friendly ribbing with people who are clearly NOT under the influence of alcohol...

wilburaga
07-13-2006, 02:44 PM
You take the Path into Penn Station from there you can pick up the 4 or the 6. I think you can pick up the D too but i am not sure. If you cant all the trains are in time square not that far away.

If you take the Path to 33rd Street (1 block east of Penn Station), you can switch to the D without exiting the station. To get to the 4 or 6 would require a 4 or 5 block eastbound walk.

W

nysox35
07-13-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't think the bleachers are bad seats, but the main disadvantages are that the bleachers are cut off from the rest of the stadium (can't access monument park) and that they are alcohol free (for me this is a negative).
As stated, not a place to bring kids.

However, I think it's rather tame out there these days if it's not a Mets or Boston game and provided you don't go looking for trouble.

Also, the Upper Deck does have some shennanigans, but so does the cell or any other stadium. Basically, if you don't go looking for trouble, it shouldn't find you.

That being said, if you can upgrade, why not, right?
Have fun everyone.