PDA

View Full Version : What time does the ballpark open?

Twin2218
07-05-2006, 09:29 AM
This is probably a no brainer for most of you but I'm going to my first ballgame ever tonight. The game begins @ 7:05pm. What time will the park actually open? I'm not sure how soon I should plan on arriving? Respond or send me a PM. Thanks

Ol' No. 2
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
This is probably a no brainer for most of you but I'm going to my first ballgame ever tonight. The game begins @ 7:05pm. What time will the park actually open? I'm not sure how soon I should plan on arriving? Respond or send me a PM. ThanksGenerally, the park opens 90 min before game time. For a few games it's moved up to 2 hr before game times, but this one isn't one of them.

Have a blast.

Also, if you go to the customer relations desk behind home plate on the 100 level they'll give you a "First Game" certificate.

Tokes
07-05-2006, 10:08 AM
make sure to get some Azteca Nachos and Best Kosher dogs

woodsdavid
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
First game at USCF?! How exciting!! With all this un-requested advice, I'm going to sound like your grandpa, but...

See batting practice. It's more fun seeing live than seeing it on Comcast.
Make sure to be in your seats for the videos montages that precede the games, for the player intros and for "Thunderstruck"
Get a scorecard and keep score during the game: http://www.baseballscorecard.com/kscore.htm
Try everything on the 'menus'. And if you've never had Elotes (a-LOW-tays), you're in for a treat. It's like corn on the cob -- but off the cob -- covered with lots of tasty things including butter, mayo, lime juice, cheese, crushed pepper and lots of other stuff you may not have thought would be good on corn but in fact, are delish!
Stay til the very end. Some folks leave early thinking they're saving time, but a really wasting it by missing the whole reason they went to the park -- to see Sox baseball.And welcome to the rest of your life having experienced the Sox at USCF. Hope you get to a whole bunch more.

Have fun! :D:

buehrle4cy05
07-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Three words:

Get. A. Churro.

skottyj242
07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Also, if you go to the customer relations desk behind home plate on the 100 level they'll give you a "First Game" certificate.

Really? Is there any way for them to know if you're not really a "first timer?" I would love to have like forty of them from this year.

itsnotrequired
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Really? Is there any way for them to know if you're not really a "first timer?" I would love to have like forty of them from this year.

They don't keep track. They just take your name and the date and use a computer to print it on some fancy paper. They don't track your name either so you could use a different one every time.

There is also one behind home plate on the 500 level.