PDA

View Full Version : our division

ChiSoxFan7
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
is ridiculous.

i haven't been around for more than 2 decades so im just wondering to some of our....more elder/wiser posters around here:

is this one of the best division you all (wise ones) have seen in a while or ever for that matter?

The white sox are world champs:D:
The twins pitching can/will keep them up there:angry:
the Tigers are more of the same but plus the bats the twins don't have:angry:
Indians still have some talent to steal some games:angry:
and KC is just....KC like normal:cool:

just wondering what anyone thought

Tragg
07-04-2006, 11:37 PM
The AL EAst has been killer several times.
A couple of years ago, Oakland won 93 and finished in third place in the AL West.
A while back the Giants won 99 I think and didn't go to the playoffs.
We've won 90+ a few times and didn't go to the playoffs
This stuff happens.
Fun, isn't it?

Soxgirl22
07-05-2006, 12:03 AM
The AL Central is definitely the most dominant division over all of baseball this year. The Sox have 10 more wins than the first place team in the AL West, and they're not even in first place. When the top three teams are winning this many games in a row, and not gaining on each other, you know you've got a good division.

slobes
07-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Wasn't too long ago when people were proclaiming the AL central the weakest division in baseball.

vegyrex
07-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Wasn't too long ago when people were proclaiming the AL central the weakest division in baseball.

Yep. My how times have changed. :cool:

SOXfnNlansing
07-05-2006, 03:16 AM
The AL Central is definitely the most dominant division over all of baseball this year. The Sox have 10 more wins than the first place team in the AL West, and they're not even in first place. When the top three teams are winning this many games in a row, and not gaining on each other, you know you've got a good division.:welcome:

Deuce
07-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Wasn't too long ago when people were proclaiming the AL central the weakest division in baseball.I think that was last year. Ah, the memories... :wink:

rdwj
07-05-2006, 07:25 AM

I had a Cub fan friend of mine fan try to use that argument just last week.

I was like... :o:

Soxgirl22
07-05-2006, 09:39 AM
:welcome:

Thanks! :smile:

Sxy Mofo
07-05-2006, 09:55 AM
You don't have to go too far back, because there used to be 2 divisions, so comparing them is apples to oranges.

You've got to compare apples to apples, which is comparing the divisions in the last 12 or so years.

And then it's also hard to compare the divisions because you've got four 5-team divisions, one 6-team division and one 4-team division.

Also, the central hasn't really started beating up on itself, so that's going to bring the collective division down. It's really hard to have 3 or 4 great teams because they beat up on each other so much, they basically all have to win all out of division games and then split the intra-division games.

So it's pretty hard to compare and to get 80% of the teams in a division to all have good records... but that said, this division is as close to that as I've seen.

soxfan13
07-05-2006, 10:50 AM
The old nl west in 1993 was OK Atlanta 104 wins an SF 103 wins

Tokes
07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
does everyone remember in the not to distant past how everyone used to call our division weak? Look at it now.

Sxy Mofo
07-05-2006, 11:16 AM
does everyone remember in the not to distant past how everyone used to call our division weak? Look at it now.
It was pretty weak. We've never really had more than 2 teams that were any good, and before last year one of those two was generally the "good pitcher, wha? huh?" white sox.

MadetoOrta
07-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Thank goodness there's the Wild Card.

Sxy Mofo
07-05-2006, 11:32 AM

...yea, because i'd like to see detroit get in the playoffs somehow this year.

Tokes
07-05-2006, 11:56 AM
...yea, because i'd like to see detroit get in the playoffs somehow this year.

that's what I'm talking about

qpropaganda
07-05-2006, 01:07 PM
and just think...we're only halfway through the season...a few key trades/acquisitions will make the end of the season heart attack city...

Soxgirl22
07-05-2006, 01:50 PM

Definatly. And it looks like it's hopefully going to come from the AL Central this year, so either the Yanks or Red Sox won't be in it, which is always a plus.