PDA

View Full Version : Yankees getting a Cleveland steamer

Deuce
07-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events but the Yankmees are in the process of having their butts handed to them. Bottom of the eighth and its 19 - 1.

sox1970
07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events but the Yankmees are in the process of having their butts handed to them. Bottom of the eighth and its 19 - 1.

I don't think this is the typical Yankees team that's going to have a second half push to 95-96 wins. I think they'll be watching the playoffs from home.

itsnotrequired
07-04-2006, 09:23 PM
...and 19-1 is your final.

Martinez went 5-6 with a HR, 2B and three RBIs. The Indians had 4 hitters with 3 or more hits.

JB98
07-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't think this is the typical Yankees team that's going to have a second half push to 95-96 wins. I think they'll be watching the playoffs from home.

Everyone talks about them needing another bat with Sheffield and Matsui both out, but from where I'm sitting, they desperately need another starting pitcher. They might be able to slug their way into the playoffs, but there's no chance in hell they get to the World Series with that rotation/middle-relief situation.

FedEx227
07-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Everyone talks about them needing another bat with Sheffield and Matsui both out, but from where I'm sitting, they desperately need another starting pitcher. They might be able to slug their way into the playoffs, but there's no chance in hell they get to the World Series with that rotation/middle-relief situation.

Well they signed Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright.... oh.... oh god....

JB98
07-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Well they signed Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright.... oh.... oh god....

Just wait until those idiots send a couple of pitching prospects to Milwaukee for CLee. Two or three years down the road, they'll have even less pitching than they do now, because they don't ever hold on to any of their prospects. At some point, it's all going to blow up on the Yankees, and they'll have to suffer through a 90-loss season.

It's pretty hard to buy a championship pitching staff. You need to develop a few guys yourself, make a couple of astute trades, and then fill in with free agency. The Yankees just throw money at their pitching problems, and that's why they are a franchise in decline.

cbotnyse
07-04-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events but the Yankmees are in the process of having their butts handed to them. Bottom of the eighth and its 19 - 1.too bad they werent playing the Cubs....they would have had a good chance to come back from that one. :redneck

Lip Man 1
07-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Good...increases the wild card lead.

Lip

Unregistered
07-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Didn't the Jndians beat the Yanks 19-0 or something like that a season or two ago?

JB98
07-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Didn't the Jndians beat the Yanks 19-0 or something like that a season or two ago?

I think it was 22-1.

VivaOzzie
07-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Great thread title. Makes it even better that your name is Deuce.

SOXintheBURGH
07-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I think it was 22-1.

22-0

DSpivack
07-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Just wait until those idiots send a couple of pitching prospects to Milwaukee for CLee. Two or three years down the road, they'll have even less pitching than they do now, because they don't ever hold on to any of their prospects. At some point, it's all going to blow up on the Yankees, and they'll have to suffer through a 90-loss season.

It's pretty hard to buy a championship pitching staff. You need to develop a few guys yourself, make a couple of astute trades, and then fill in with free agency. The Yankees just throw money at their pitching problems, and that's why they are a franchise in decline.
Pitching, pitching, pitching; thankfully KW understands this. I think you can be successful "just throwing money at your pitching problems"; after all our starters are getting paid mad $$$ and only one was developed in our farm system. It's HOW you spend your money that counts. Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano? Wright was a veteran mediocre starter who excelled in Atlanta under Leo Mazzone; Carl Pavano had one good year. Randy Johnson had a good season last year, but is very up and down now. Mussina is having a better year than he's had in the last few, which is keeping them above water, and they have a decent bullpen seemingly full of guys off the scrap heap (and the always amazing Mariano Rivera at the end). They just need to be much smarter with how they spend their money, and not throw it any guy who had a good numbers the year before.

Chien-Ming Wang had Mussina have kept this team above water; Jaret Wright isn't pitching that terribly. Chacon has been terrible, Aaron Small looks like a one-year wonder last year. The past few years it seems like they've needed pitching at the deadline and have desperately traded for whatever mediocre guy was available. It seems like they have no long-term vision and think only in the short-term.

Deebs14
07-05-2006, 02:53 AM
They gotta stop resorting to the ****ing minors... errr the NL for their starting pitchers.:rolleyes:

twentywontowin
07-05-2006, 04:58 AM
22-0

At Yankee Stadium nontheless.

jenn2080
07-05-2006, 08:32 AM

that sounds so satisfying.

Tragg
07-05-2006, 08:58 AM
The Brewers probably should try to move Lee; and move him for pitching; but that seems to rule out the Yankees.
I wouldn't give up this season if I were the brewers; although it's unlikely that any team has excess ML pitching, if some team does, that's where I'd try to send him.

Baby Fisk
07-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Best. Thread title. Ever. :rolling:

Paulwny
07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
King George turned 76 yesterday, nice present from his employees.

cbotnyse
07-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Great thread title. Makes it even better that your name is Deuce.I agree. :kneeslap: :roflmao: :rolling:

Fenway
07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
King George turned 76 yesterday, nice present from his employees.

Happy Birthday George

:happybday

hope you enjoyed the game in your former hometown :gulp:

34 Inch Stick
07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Much better than the Dirty Sanchez the Pirates greeted the Sox with last week.

Foulke You
07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I think a 3rd place finish for the Yanks is not out of the question this year. When Toronto gets their pitching in order again (Chacin, Burnett get 100% healthy) the Yanks could fall farther behind. I don't think anyone will shed a tear if the Yanks 10 year run of postseason berths comes to an end this year. The only downside is that history shows the Red Sox have a habit of coughing up their division lead to the Yanks by September. Only this time, there won't be a wild card for them to fall back on because it is coming from the AL Central this year.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Much better than the Dirty Sanchez the Pirates greeted the Sox with last week.

I love you.