PDA

View Full Version : ballpark statues

Greg1983
07-04-2006, 08:53 PM
I'll be at Thursday evening's game against the Birds. It will be my first game in about 3 years.

I really want to make sure I see and get photos of the stautes that have been built in recent seasons. I'd like to ask you all for a little help.

Can someone provide me with a list of the statues that have been built, and with their approximate locations? I believe we now have Charles Comiskey, Fisk, and Minoso. Where are they, and are there any I'm forgetting?

Also, I thought I read on the official Sox site some months ago that a Fox-Aparicio statue was in the works? Is it complete? If so, where is it? If not, do we know when it will be unveiled? Or am I imagining the whole thing? Honestly, that's the statue I would most like to see--the two of them turning a DP. My father's stories about those two and the Go-Go years were a big part of my falling in love with the Sox as a little boy.

Thank you in advance, and all apologies if I'm starting an unnecessary thread. I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. :redface:

Greg1983

Greg1983
07-04-2006, 08:55 PM
oh, and where do I find the churros? That's the other thing I really want to make sure I accomplish on this trip.

Thanks again!

rdwj
07-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I trhink you've got them all.

They're all on the outfield concourse, so they're pretty easy to find.

there is at least one churro stands on both the right and left foul lines - more toward the outfield if my memory is right. Those are hard to miss too.

Lip Man 1
07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
They are on the concourses surrounding the Fan Deck. The three (for now) are Minnie Minoso, Carlton Fisk and Charles Comiskey. Later in July (23rd??) the statutes of Nellie Fox and Luis Aparicio go up near Comiskey's.

Many of their teammates have been invited but as of now I only know for sure that Minnie, Billy Pierce and Jim Landis will be there.

Lip

qpropaganda
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I'd still LOVE to see a harold baines one...perhaps the swing with the high leg kick...

LongLiveFisk
07-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I just saw the Fisk statue for the first time on Monday. Very cool looking and I think it did resemble him facially (that's usually a problem with statues and plaques--I don't think his HOF plaque looks much like him).

Of course I forgot my camera...oh well, there's always next time! :smile: