PDA

View Full Version : Missing Banner on Rightfield Light Tower

Brian26
07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Did anyone else notice that the AL Pennant Banner in rightfield was missing today on the light tower?

mcg
07-04-2006, 07:46 PM
It was down at yesterdays game. Two guys were up there about an hour and half before the game tying it down so it wouldn't flap around. It looked like it ripped at every one of the straps that holds the banners up there.

Ksox22L
07-04-2006, 07:49 PM
You know, I was at the game last night, and I didn't realize it until my friend pointed it out during the... eighth inning. It wasn't blowing around or anything though... someone must have secured it after it fell.

Chips
07-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Did anyone else notice that the AL Pennant Banner in rightfield was missing today on the light tower?

Yes, I did.

Brian26
07-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I had a feeling they were going to have problems. Here's what I wrote back on April 3...

I noticed this too and mentioned it to Salty99. I have a feeling these banners are going to be ripped to shreds in a month or two. The City of Chicago banners that are up on the lightpoles downtown have slits cut in them to let the wind blow through the banners. The banners at the parade and behind the stage had the slits too. It looks like the new Sox banners don't have the wind slits.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68631&page=3&highlight=world+series+banner

Brian26
07-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes, I did.

Really?

Chips
07-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Really?

Yes, I pointed it out to my buddy.

Brian26
07-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Yes, I pointed it out to my buddy.

No kidding.

rdwj
07-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I had a feeling they were going to have problems. Here's what I wrote back on April 3...

They don't have slits, but they have tons of tiny holes in them.

MrRoboto83
07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I feel a Cubune headline coming:

"Sox Never Won Pennants, Investigation on the biggest scam in baseball history"

LongLiveFisk
07-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Just make new awesome looking flags and put those up instead. The banners are nice but to me they just don't compare to flags. Flags had been a longtime tradition---bring them back!!!

peeonwrigley
07-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Just make new awesome looking flags and put those up instead. The banners are nice but to me they just don't compare to flags. Flags had been a longtime tradition---bring them back!!!

I agree. Keep the banners for the duration of the season, then back to flags.

IlliniSox4Life
07-04-2006, 11:43 PM
The banner was just hanging there scrunched up at the bottom of the flag pole on Monday. There were straps or flaps or something flying around at the top, So I think they mustve ripped off.

DumpJerry
07-04-2006, 11:45 PM
The banner was taken down to fill in for the Trophy on its tour. The Trophy is tired and needs a break.

Also, the Comiskey switchboard operator was getting too many phone calls from Cub fans complaning that it was offensive how the Sox are gloating over one lucky year........

IlliniSox4Life
07-04-2006, 11:50 PM
The banner was taken down to fill in for the Trophy on its tour. The Trophy is tired and needs a break.

Also, the Comiskey switchboard operator was getting too many phone calls from Cub fans complaning that it was offensive how the Sox are gloating over one lucky year........

The banner wasn't the trophy banner, it was the AL Championship banner.

DumpJerry
07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
The banner wasn't the trophy banner, it was the AL Championship banner.
I know. I was at the game Monday and today. The Trophy banner has a higher travel fee. The AL pennant banner was itching to get out some this summer.

Deuce
07-05-2006, 06:33 AM
The banner was just hanging there scrunched up at the bottom of the flag pole on Monday. There were straps or flaps or something flying around at the top, So I think they mustve ripped off.:hawk

"Cinch it up and strap it down!"

qpropaganda
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
hypothetical question...

let's say the banner gets blown off the light tower & flies off into the night...if said banner were to land in your backyard or fly into your apartment through an open window, would you return it to the team?

hi im skot
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
hypothetical question...

let's say the banner gets blown off the light tower & flies off into the night...if said banner were to land in your backyard or fly into your apartment through an open window, would you return it to the team?

Yeah...might get some season tickets or something.

Plus, it's good karma. :D:

roylestillman
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
:hawk

"Cinch it up and strap it down!"

Well played.

Tekijawa
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
hypothetical question...

I think it's yours for two Saturdays or a New Hair cut.

MAN LAW!

MinnySoxFan
07-05-2006, 02:01 PM
hypothetical question...

well lets see....

Banner? What banner? I don't know about any banner!

Palehose13
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
hypothetical question...

That's one helluva wind! :cool:

spiffie
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
That's one helluva wind! :cool:
Anything is possible. In grade school as an experiment we put slips of paper with our school address asking whomever found it to write back inside balloons and released them. My response came from somewhere in northern Michigan.

skobabe8
07-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm disapointed MrRoboto didnt give me credit for pointing it out to him at yesterdays game. :cool:

SBSoxFan
07-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Anything is possible. In grade school as an experiment we put slips of paper with our school address asking whomever found it to write back inside balloons and released them. My response came from somewhere in northern Michigan.

And people say our educational system is lacking.

Whitesox029
07-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I'll bet the AL championship banner fell because it had 1900 on it. Karma!

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-05-2006, 05:26 PM
People people. I am surprised at you.

The banner fell due to wind. All the wind from the HR's being hit out.

qpropaganda
07-05-2006, 05:41 PM

so wait...this reads as if someone in Michigan found your balloon, wrote where they were, then placed the paper back into a balloon, inflated it with helium, & sent it on it's way with the balloon blowing back to your grade school from Michigan...if this is the case, THIS EXPERIMENT IS AWESOME!!!

Brian26
07-05-2006, 08:20 PM
hypothetical question...

Honestly, what the hell are you going to do with a banner that big anyway? It's not like it's going to fit in your basement or TV room. Might as well give it back.

Palehose13
07-05-2006, 08:32 PM
so wait...this reads as if someone in Michigan found your balloon, wrote where they were, then placed the paper back into a balloon, inflated it with helium, & sent it on it's way with the balloon blowing back to your grade school from Michigan...if this is the case, THIS EXPERIMENT IS AWESOME!!!

:roflmao:

spiffie
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
This is what happens when I try to post while obsessively casting votes for AJ. I end up coming up with the greatest idea ever! :cool:

qpropaganda
07-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Honestly, what the hell are you going to do with a banner that big anyway? It's not like it's going to fit in your basement or TV room. Might as well give it back.

after a macguyver marathon-fueled high, I can see myself trying to make a hanglider or parachute out of it (just in case I ever need one)...maybe make the BEST SHOWER CURTAINS EVER out of them...what about covering the side of my apartment building with it...that would make my building the BEST APARTMENT BUILDING EVER...

sky's the limit, people...