PDA

View Full Version : Sox, Ozzie up for ESPYs

soxfanreggie
07-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Sox Army, don't forget to vote the Sox as the top team and Ozzie as top manager for the 2006 ESPYs!

StatHead21
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Ugh, we're better off boycotting the dirty ESPY's

soxfanreggie
07-04-2006, 01:23 AM
I think of it this way. People see us win ESPYs. People, in turn, buy our jerseys and other stuff. Part of that money then goes to the Sox to improve our team. :D:

lumpyspun
07-04-2006, 01:40 AM
The ESPY's, Cold Pizza, Sportscenter...it's all the same garbage...

DumpJerry
07-04-2006, 01:45 AM
I started a thread in WTS when they announced the nominations and said that Ozzie took the Sox to the World Series in his first season as manager.

Drillrods.

LuvSox
07-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Ugh, we're better off boycotting the dirty ESPY's

Ooooohhh, the dirty ESPY's :bandance:

Sox-o-matic
07-04-2006, 02:15 AM
I think of it this way. People see us win ESPYs. People, in turn, buy our jerseys and other stuff. Part of that money then goes to the Sox to improve our team. :D:

First off, who watches the ESPY awards?

Secondly, what fan has ever purchased merchandise from a professional sports team simply because that team won a BS award from ESPN?

If people are going to support the Sox they are going to do it because either they like what the team does on the field, they like what one or more particular players do on the field, or because they think the merchandise just looks cool.

I'm with whoever said to boycott the thing. If the Sox win that award then the reaction will be like 'duh!' and if they don't it will be another reason to start another thread right here complaining about ESPN.