PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle nor Contreras to start All-Star game

MyLifePeakedAt21
07-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Per 670 The Score, Ozzie affirmed the initial report to be false. Neither player will start for the AL on the 11th.

Corlose 15
07-03-2006, 05:40 PM
This is fine with me since I don't really think either one deserves to start the game.

walrus
07-03-2006, 05:50 PM
This is fine with me since I don't really think either one deserves to start the game.

This from the guy with the Brian Anderson signature. :tongue:

oeo
07-03-2006, 05:55 PM
This from the guy with the Brian Anderson signature. :tongue:

Not really sure what that is supposed to mean. :?:

I agree with him, though. There are more deserving to start the game. If Contreras wasn't so bad his last 3 outings, I would say he should get the nod, but he hasn't done so hot lately.

Britt Burns
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I hope Ozzie has Kenny Rogers pitch all nine innings, with Santana and Papelbon warming up in the bullpen from the 3rd inning until the end of the game.

Pierzynski 12
07-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Good.

StatHead21
07-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Santana is the best pitcher, therefore he should start.

Also although they are our rivals, it would be great for the MLB to have Lirriano and Verlander in the game. I remember a few years ago they messed up big time by not having Dontrelle in the game when just about everyone watching the game wanted to see him pitch. But I'm sure the whole world cannot wait to see Mark Redman pitch.....

oeo
07-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Santana is the best pitcher, therefore he should start.

Also although they are our rivals, it would be great for the MLB to have Lirriano and Verlander in the game. I remember a few years ago they messed up big time by not having Dontrelle in the game when just about everyone watching the game wanted to see him pitch. But I'm sure the whole world cannot wait to see Mark Redman pitch.....
They only had pitcher's spots left on the team, and the Royals needed a candidate. That is why Redman is on the team; he lucked out because he was on a ****ty team.

You need to understand that only so many guys can get on, and a lot are going to be left off because there are stipulations that the manager must live up to.

peeonwrigley
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Johan should throw the first three innings. Hell, if it was up to me I'd leave him in 7 then go Jenks for the 8th and Papelbon for the 9th.

StatHead21
07-03-2006, 06:21 PM
They only had pitcher's spots left on the team, and the Royals needed a candidate. That is why Redman is on the team; he lucked out because he was on a ****ty team.

You need to understand that only so many guys can get on, and a lot are going to be left off because there are stipulations that the manager must live up to.

I know, I think Redman might be the one who ends the player from each team rule.

Lirriano is having a "Fernando" type rookie season and its an injustice that he's not on the team and Mark "7 teams in 7 years" Redman is on the team.

StatHead21
07-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Johan should throw the first three innings. Hell, if it was up to me I'd leave him in 7 then go Jenks for the 8th and Papelbon for the 9th.

Jenks, Ryan, Papelbon, Rivera= Lights out

Chips
07-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Not really sure what that is supposed to mean. :?:

I agree with him, though. There are more deserving to start the game. If Contreras wasn't so bad his last 3 outings, I would say he should get the nod, but he hasn't done so hot lately.

Contreras deserves the nod, but he is pitching the first game after the ASG.

8-0, 3.54 ERA, he wasn't exactly terrible his last 3 starts. Just a little shaky.

slobes
07-03-2006, 06:33 PM
I think Santana totally deserves it. I have no problem with this decision.

buehrle4cy05
07-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Definetly an OK choice. Ozzie wants to win the game, and starting Santana means at least 3 scoreless innings.

Stroker Ace
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I hope Ozzie has Kenny Rogers pitch all nine innings, with Santana and Papelbon warming up in the bullpen from the 3rd inning until the end of the game.Agree.

salty99
07-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Buehrle is not starting. Ozzie stated that in his press conference because he says he does not deserve it. He also sadi Contreras will probably not start either.

Milw
07-04-2006, 01:07 AM
I know, I think Redman might be the one who ends the player from each team rule.

I dunno, there have been worse players make it in the past.

I mean, hell, Lance Carter was an All-Star three or four years ago. Remember him? Exactly.

harwar
07-04-2006, 08:00 AM
I would have prefered that All of our starting pitchers just go fishing or lay around the pool.These guys threw a lot of innings last year and they look tired to me.
I'm sure Ozzie is enjoying sticking it to the east coast teams but i care more about winning in august and september than i do the all star game.

Sox-o-matic
07-04-2006, 10:32 AM
I would have prefered that All of our starting pitchers just go fishing or lay around the pool.These guys threw a lot of innings last year and they look tired to me.
I'm sure Ozzie is enjoying sticking it to the east coast teams but i care more about winning in august and september than i do the all star game.

I doubt Ozzie is going to use any starter more than two innings, although I can't say I'd be surprised if he does otherwise.

It's wishful thinking, but hopefully Buehrle gets the chance to record a win in the AllStar game, a save in the World Series, and another save in an AllStar game over the span of one year.

sullythered
07-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I love our staff, but Santana is probably the best pitcher there is. Let him start. I want home field in the WS.

34 Inch Stick
07-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm kind of partial to Roy Halladay.

It would be great if Ozzie started the game with Papelbon then Jenks. After that he could use the starters 2-3 innings each regardless of performance. That would probably mean neither Contrearas or Buhrle pitched, which would be fine with me.

Deuce
07-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Radio reports that Ozzie is leaning towards the Gambler starting the ASG. I hope he does. Anything that can possibly throw off his game (short of an injury, of course) is good to me.

jdm2662
07-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Radio reports that Ozzie is leaning towards the Gambler starting the ASG. I hope he does. Anything that can possibly throw off his game (short of an injury, of course) is good to me.

He will have five days of rest before the ASG. He's the most obvious choice to pitch two innings. Ozzie said he was going to call him first to see how he felt.