PDA

View Full Version : Should AJ....

skottyj242
07-03-2006, 09:35 AM
I will admit that I haven't read the official vote AJ thread so I don't know if this was mentioned. Should AJ use his wrestling connections to get the word out to vote for him? TNA is a nationally televised show, I think he should. It wouldn't hurt. Any thoughts?

the gooch
07-03-2006, 09:44 AM
sounds likea great idea except that i dont want AJ to start giving people reasons for hating him. there would be a backlash on that.

for that matter, WHY do cubs fans hate him? i was at the game sunday and he got worse boos every at-bat than sammy got on the south side. There couldnt have been a cleaner play at the plate, and taking a punch like he did should have earned him some respect. i havent heard any cubs fans say barrett was justified.

so why do cubs fans hate pierzynski and why is the local media feeding it?

SOXPHILE
07-03-2006, 09:47 AM
for that matter, WHY do cubs fans hate him? i was at the game sunday and he got worse boos every at-bat than sammy got on the south side. There couldnt have been a cleaner play at the plate, and taking a punch like he did should have earned him some respect. i havent heard any cubs fans say barrett was justified.

Since when do Cub fans know why they are cheering or booing ANYTHING ?

FedEx227
07-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Since when do Cub fans know why they are cheering or booing ANYTHING ?

A light-up sign?

Dibbs
07-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Cubs fans have no idea what they are booing or cheering for. When the Sox fans were yelling Guuuuuuch at Wrigley, you would see the Scrubbie faithful start booing because they thought others were booing.

TornLabrum
07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
sounds likea great idea except that i dont want AJ to start giving people reasons for hating him. there would be a backlash on that.

A.J. put his face in the way of Michael Barrett's fist, so naturally the Cubs fans and Cubsessed media hate him for doing that.

skottyj242
07-03-2006, 11:05 AM
How did this thread go from professionaly wrestling to Chicago media?

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 11:06 AM
A.J. put his face in the way of Michael Barrett's fist, so naturally the Cubs fans and Cubsessed media hate him for doing that.

If it was the other way around, honestly, I'd be doing the same thing to Barrett if AJ punched him after a collision and there was a big fight. They are supporting their team.

If you want a fanbase that is booing somebody for no reason, look at NYY and ARod.

Brian26
07-03-2006, 11:08 AM

The only bridge between those two would be Al Lerner (or maybe Chet Coppock).

the gooch
07-03-2006, 11:09 AM
How did this thread go from professionaly wrestling to Chicago media?sorry, didnt mean to hijack. back to wrestling! [clap-clap]

Daver
07-03-2006, 11:10 AM

You're talking about a group of people that ran up 400+ posts on tomatoes, anything can happen around here.

:)

JermaineDye05
07-03-2006, 11:11 AM
no matter how much the sox and their fans rally for AJ to be signed to the allstar game I think the only fans that will be voting for AJ are sox fans, everyone else is gonna vote against him and too bad we dont got the luck of having 2 yanks on the ballot to split the vote

Jerko
07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
IIRC, TNA tapes 3 shows at a time, so this week's broadcast is from before AJ was on this ballot. They would have to make an extra taping or "commerical" to do any good. Plus, they're not on again till Thursday, so it would be too late anyway.

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 11:16 AM
no matter how much the sox and their fans rally for AJ to be signed to the allstar game I think the only fans that will be voting for AJ are sox fans, everyone else is gonna vote against him and too bad we dont got the luck of having 2 yanks on the ballot to split the vote

but we do have the luck of NO yanks or red sox on the ballot.

Brian26
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM

Yeah, because their entire team is already on the all-star roster. :D:

JermaineDye05
07-03-2006, 11:22 AM

yeah thank god for that, well if AJ doesnt make it I hope Liriano makes it

spiffie
07-05-2006, 12:46 PM
FWIW on TNA's MySpace page they have a story about AJ getting on the 32nd Man ballot, and a link in the story encouraging people to vote for him. So hopefully he'll get a few votes from that.

skottyj242
07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
There's a link to it on their website too.