PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Going To Tuscon?

BearSox
02-11-2002, 09:51 PM
I'm driving out there the week of March 3rd and was just wonderin if anybody else will be there.

harwar
02-12-2002, 09:38 AM
I have a sister that lives near the U of A campus.I'm hoping to be able to get away in mid march and fly down there.Before the Sox moved down there i was in tucson all the time it seems,now that they spring there,i'm too busy to get away.

FarmerAndy
02-12-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BearSox
I'm driving out there the week of March 3rd and was just wonderin if anybody else will be there.

I'll be in AZ that week too, but only in Tuscon for the game vs. the cubs on friday 3/8. We're also going to the split squad game with the cubs in Mesa on tue. 3/5 and Sox vs. Angels in Tempe on Thurs. 3/7.

I think we may also head north and ride down the Grand Canyon on mules, just like on the Brady Bunch.

AsInWreck
02-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

I think we may also head north and ride down the Grand Canyon on mules, just like on the Brady Bunch.

Just a warning - 1st week of march going to grand canyon you would be facing a chance of getting snowed in/its not unusual for a couple feet of snow to fall on any given night and the highways closed down for several days- I'm not saying it will happen, but its a possibility through april-my girlfriend used to work at a hotel in flagstaff and she's told me stories of people stuck there on spring vacation and if you're snowed in there's really no way out

FarmerAndy
02-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

Just a warning - 1st week of march going to grand canyon you would be facing a chance of getting snowed in/its not unusual for a couple feet of snow to fall on any given night and the highways closed down for several days- I'm not saying it will happen, but its a possibility through april-my girlfriend used to work at a hotel in flagstaff and she's told me stories of people stuck there on spring vacation and if you're snowed in there's really no way out

Thanks AsInWreck! I don't think I want to take that chance.

mike squires
02-12-2002, 02:27 PM
spring training is awesome. the atmosphere and players are so much more relaxed. i came home with 5 balls, 2 frank thomas autographs and a nice tan. also a cool pic with randy johnson just about to release a pitch to frank thomas. i liked it when they read the temperature in chicago during the game. i wasn't sure if you had been before.

irish rover
02-12-2002, 03:42 PM
add info for those going to ST

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020212_springs ecurity_news&team_id=cws

ode to veeck
02-12-2002, 07:12 PM
why does spring training have more security than getting on an airplane? West and I took my camera bag w/Nikon F3 and several lenses into the shark tank the other night, including a fairly large 300mm/f2.8--no problem

I will be in Phx in mid-march for some benchmarking we're hosting there, maybe I'll be able to sneak down to Tuscon--what I need is a WSI press pass from west or george ;-0

Viva Magglio
02-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BearSox

I'll be down there March 21-24.

ode to veeck
02-12-2002, 08:53 PM
dates for ode in PHX (could sneak down to sox training) 3/17-3/21 or so for "wsi at spring fest"

CiscoCarlos
02-13-2002, 11:39 AM
I'm taking my 10-year old son :smile: and baseball-hating wife :(:
to the first spring training game on Friday, the 29th versus Arizona. I CAN'T WAIT! We're flying in from North Carolina. Anything I should scout out to report on re. first game?