PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Offer You Might Want to Consider

BRDSR
07-03-2006, 01:57 AM
AJ's my favorite player on this team and is the only player whose jersey I have. I was planning to head up to the game on Wednesday, but I am going to scratch that to do some AJ voting(and maybe a liiiiiiiiitle homework). I'm offering two free, second row tickets to Saturday's White Sox/Red Sox game to anyone sitting in the lower bowl on Wednesday that will bring a big, good-looking sign that says "My Friend Brad Was Going to Come Tonight...But He's Voting for AJ."

You must send me a picture of the sign in use at the ballpark before I make the deal final. If I recieve multiple offers and multiple pictures, I will decide which sign I like the best. All submittions must be made by Thursday at noon. PM me for more information, or just email me at bsauer2@uiuc.edu. Hope someone jumps at this. Take care.

Brad

P.S. It has been brought to my attention that someone could theoretically take a picture of someone else's sign and send it in as their own. Don't do that. It would be lame.

kevingrt
07-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Deal!

RealMenWearBlack
07-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Voting ends on Thursday at 5 PM Central. So Brad would be a tad late in the voting on Saturday, but I like the idea for the sign for the next 3 games against Baltimore.

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 03:13 AM
I will be making a sign if the deal stands!

Edit:

RealMen, I think you and i both got confused. I reread it and I think he means that he wants people to go to Wednesday's game with the signs and take pictures, and whoever makes the best sign will get the tickets for Sat.

IF this is the case, I know you said lower bowl, but I'm sitting in the upper bowl on weds. could I still be eligible if my sign is really bitchin?

RealMenWearBlack
07-03-2006, 03:26 AM
RealMen, I think you and i both got confused. I reread it and I think he means that he wants people to go to Wednesday's game with the signs and take pictures, and whoever makes the best sign will get the tickets for Sat.

IF this is the case, I know you said lower bowl, but I'm sitting in the upper bowl on weds. could I still be eligible if my sign is really bitchin?

Gotcha. :thumbsup: I misread it (I think I need some sleep). I didn't want anyone wasting their time. Good idea BRDSR.

rowand33
07-03-2006, 03:30 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing some of these on TV on wednesday.

BRDSR
07-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Alright, yeah. Winner must be going to this Wednesdays game against the Orioles, and should be sitting in the lower bowl. However, a REALLY bitchin' sign could win even if its in the upper deck. Best sign will get 2 free tickets, Section 103 Row 2, to Saturday's game against the Red Sox.

BTW, my email is bsauer2@uiuc.edu. I had previously said that all submissions must be made by 9 AM Wednesday, but I think a better idea is that the photo must be taken AT the game. That way there will be a few signs around the park that say the same thing. Should be fun.

So, new twist. Submissions must be made by Noon on Thursday, the day after the game at which the sign must be present. Winner will be decided by Thursday evening and promptly sent the tickets. Good luck!

the gooch
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
I think a better idea is that the photo must be taken AT the game. That way there will be a few signs around the park that say the same thing. Should be fun.
call me AJ for playing all the angles here, but what stops me from taking a picture of someone else's sign and sending it in?

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 11:40 AM
call me AJ for playing all the angles here, but what stops me from taking a picture of someone else's sign and sending it in?

I think if somebody else makes a sign, they will be taking a picture and sending it in. I'm betting if he gets pictures of two identical signs he will realize somethings up. The person who can either prove its them or most likely the best picture of the sign will be the one who is consiidered the person who made it. Its hard to take a picture of someone else from up close and just kind of standing there holding the sign.

the gooch
07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
I think if somebody else makes a sign, they will be taking a picture and sending it in. I'm betting if he gets pictures of two identical signs he will realize somethings up. The person who can either prove its them or most likely the best picture of the sign will be the one who is consiidered the person who made it. Its hard to take a picture of someone else from up close and just kind of standing there holding the sign.
From the Cubune:
Fights broke out in the U.S. Cellular Field bleachers on Wednesday Night. Several signs were busted on other fans' heads, and pieces of broken cameras littered the aisles of section 161. No word yet on the cause of the melee, but early speculation leads us to believe it stemmed from an argument over a ticket giveaway.
the final irony is that all drunk and shirtless sox fans involved will not be able to accept any contest tickets, as they must now endure a lifetime ban from the ballpark.

BRDSR
07-04-2006, 12:48 AM
From the Cubune:
Fights broke out in the U.S. Cellular Field bleachers on Wednesday Night. Several signs were busted on other fans' heads, and pieces of broken cameras littered the aisles of section 161. No word yet on the cause of the melee, but early speculation leads us to believe it stemmed from an argument over a ticket giveaway.
the final irony is that all drunk and shirtless sox fans involved will not be able to accept any contest tickets, as they must now endure a lifetime ban from the ballpark.

Haha...that really would not be the way I'd like this to work out.

FielderJones
07-04-2006, 01:25 AM

The best way I see to cover those angles is to have the picture taken by someone else, showing your face while holding the sign.

markopat
07-04-2006, 09:22 PM
You rock dude!

This is great stuff!

Go AJ!

BRDSR
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Bump

(In case anyone sees this 2:20 before first pitch, has time to make a sign, and get to the ballpark.)

Seriously, looking forward to seeing these. Hopefully one or two will get on TV today while I'm voting for AJ.

IlliniSox4Life
07-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Just sent you my pics. No idea if it got on TV, but it was pretty big in the upper deck.

RoobarbPie
07-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Whoever made that huge sign for this out of a bedsheet (or whatever) in the Upper Deck deserves the tickets. I was in the bleachers and could read the thing clearly from down there.

ramorgan1
07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Just sent you my pics. No idea if it got on TV, but it was pretty big in the upper deck. Post pics here please.

Soxgirl22
07-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Whoever made that huge sign for this out of a bedsheet (or whatever) in the Upper Deck deserves the tickets. I was in the bleachers and could read the thing clearly from down there.

Oh! I wish it was on tv! I was watching really, really closely for some of these signs. :smile:

KONERKOSBALDSPOT
07-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I was with RoobarbPie and I can confirm his statement. That thing was totally visible from 161.

CHIsoxNation
07-06-2006, 03:11 PM

I'm almost positive I caught a glimpse of this on TV last night.