Chris Capuano - Milwaukee Brewers
Nomar Garciaparra - Los Angeles Dodgers
Billy Wagner - New York Mets
Chris Young - San Diego Padres

russ99
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Vote Early, Vote Often
It's the Chicago way!

Linky (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/index.html)

gf2020
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Let's get this done for this team's heart and intensity. Pulling it off for Pods last season was one of the real highlights of the year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/index.html

chisoxmike
07-02-2006, 06:51 PM
:hizzoner
"Go get AJ on everybody!"

rowand33
07-02-2006, 06:52 PM
there's no limit right?

Cause if there isn't I'm going nuts on this.

oeo
07-02-2006, 06:54 PM
I hate how you have to re-enter your information every time. It's a pain.

koch44
07-02-2006, 06:54 PM
There Is No Limit, Vote As Much As You Want.

y2j2785
07-02-2006, 06:55 PM
There Is No Limit, Vote As Much As You Want.

Nice. AJ has a good shot getting in now. :supernana:

Chisox003
07-02-2006, 06:57 PM
I hate how you have to re-enter your information every time. It's a pain. Didn't we figure out a way to beat that last year?

I might go look for that thread, someone found a way to do this faster....

Edit: Here's (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53381&highlight=32nd) what we got to contend with. It's gonna be tough to out-do .... ourselves. Time for Sox Army.

The Wall
07-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Didn't we figure out a way to beat that last year?

I might go look for that thread, someone found a way to do this faster....
Hit the back button and you are good to re-vote.

gf2020
07-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Did you see that BS on ESPN? Where they didn't have AJ's name on the 32nd ballot when they announced it?

LuvSox
07-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Let's go people, get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bandance:

ChiSoxFan7
07-02-2006, 07:00 PM
8 in 2 1/2 minutes.

What is everybody else at?

I voted for Hafner a few times too....

LuvSox
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
No Red Cubs or Yankmees in the vote, that's good

StatHead21
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Vote Chris Young too, he's earned it.

MRM
07-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Spent two solid days doing nothing but voting for Pods last year. For AJ, I might not even sleep. We have GOT to get him in this game.

walrus
07-02-2006, 07:08 PM
let's make a deal with mets fans

Jjav829
07-02-2006, 07:08 PM
We did it last year. Let's do it again, WSI! This year we don't have any Yankees or Red Sox to defeat, but it's a battle of the AL Central. Four of the five players are from the AL Central. Start racking up those votes for AJ!

Oh, and vote for Nomar for the NL.

SoxClone
07-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Has anyone else discovered the validation code doesn't mean squat?? All you have to do is enter 1 number in there.

oeo
07-02-2006, 07:10 PM
We did it last year. Let's do it again, WSI! This year we don't have any Yankees or Red Sox to defeat, but it's a battle of the AL Central. Four of the five players are from the AL Central. Start racking up those votes for AJ!

Oh, and vote for Nomar for the NL.
We have everyone that cares, to defeat, though. No one likes AJ, outside of Sox fans, so it's going to be tough.

gf2020
07-02-2006, 07:12 PM
We have everyone that cares, to defeat, though. No one likes AJ, outside of Sox fans, so it's going to be tough.
Well, it's like not the AJ haters will have an organized effort which allow them to rally around one of the four other candidates. That's our advantage here. They'll spread their votes around.

Jjav829
07-02-2006, 07:12 PM

That just means we have to work harder. Everyone who didn't vote last year for whatever reason, vote this year. If you voted last year, vote more this year. We can do this thing again! :bandance:

walrus
07-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Has anyone else discovered the validation code doesn't mean squat?? All you have to do is enter 1 number in there.

i wouldn't do this. i think they might not count those votes.

russ99
07-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I doubt I'm getting much work done or sleep this week :smile:

We gotta get A.J. in, he totally deserves it, but especially to stick it to certain people in the Chicago and national press.

This is much more important than Scotty last year.

hi im skot
07-02-2006, 07:15 PM
i wouldn't do this. i think they might not count those votes.

Good call.

And for those of you who say that it's ok to just hit the back button, are you sure this will still work?

russ99
07-02-2006, 07:15 PM

You never know, they may discard invalid votes. I'm entering it.

And using the [TAB] key to get to the e-mail, zip (just type the first letter for both - it fills in the rest in Firefox) and birthday fields makes it much faster.

Not sure if that back button trick works, either. Do you get a different code?

walrus
07-02-2006, 07:16 PM
don't hit the back button. just hit "vote again"

VenturaFan23
Wasn't there a way to just select the players when you vote again instead of filling everything out again? I seem to remember something about that last year. If someone knows, please refresh my memory!

JUribe1989
We got Podsednik in against Jeter. Now we are only really up against Verlander in terms of fans so we can do this no problem.

ewokpelts
07-02-2006, 07:17 PM
god, i hate the term " white sox army".....are we as bad as kiss fans?

and dont get me started on "white sox nation".....

Gene

p.s. that said, vote for aj

Shingotime!!
07-02-2006, 07:18 PM
I think it may help to copy and paste the email address. Seems that takes the longest to type. And just enter random numbers for the b-day.

hi im skot
07-02-2006, 07:18 PM
You never know, they may discard invalid votes. I'm entering it.

And using the [TAB] key to get to the e-mail, zip (just type the first letter for both - it fills in the rest in Firefox) and birthday fields makes it much faster.

Not sure if that back button trick works, either. Do you get a different code?

Yes, you do get a new code...

computer nerds? what do you think?

kevingrt
07-02-2006, 07:19 PM
God, when does White Sox Army ever get a break from work.

Shingotime!!
07-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Ok, now it wont let me vote. Its telling me i'm ineligible to vote. Even when i click on a new link. Anyone know whats going on?

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Yes, you do get a new code...

computer nerds? what do you think?

I think the back button should be OK. You get a new code every time and it thanks you for voting.

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
let's make a deal with mets fans
This makes me think that we should pick one of the NL guys, go to boards for their fans and try and get them to vote for AJ if we promise to vote for their guy.

Edit: I'm thinking Abreu and Phillies. Phillies fans are hardcore and I think they have that anti-east coast mentality and love Rowand.

hi im skot
07-02-2006, 07:26 PM
This makes me think that we should pick one of the NL guys, go to boards for their fans and try and get them to vote for AJ if we promise to vote for their guy.

I'm a Milwaukee guy...gotta go with Capuano.

But yeah, if we can get a "partnership" with some other boards, that would be huge.

I know what I'm going to be doing at work tomorrow.

Oh, and first thing in the morning and last thing I do before bedtime!

russ99
Maybe the Brewers or Philly fans would be sympathetic.

There's enough stinkin' Mets already. :angry:

I'm going with Abreu. He may be on the Sox within a year.

oeo
FOR THOSE WITH FIREFOX:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1490/

Get this extension. After installing, fill out the form (except the validation code). Go to Tools > Form Saver. Save your form to "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder".

Now, after you vote, click Vote Again. Once it loads up, just click the bookmark on your toolbar. It will fill everything in, all you need to do is put in the new validation code.

For those without Firefox...what are you doing? Go get it. (http://www.getfirefox.com)

Chisox003
07-02-2006, 07:27 PM

Edit: I'm thinking Abreu and Phillies. Phillies fans are hardcore and I think they have that anti-east coast mentality and love Rowand.
We did it last year.

We just need a representative to go to another board.

russ99
07-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up - this will keep the voting legitimate and much more easy.

TheDarkGundam
07-02-2006, 07:28 PM
As much as I want to see AJ at the ASG, I don't think we can do it. Last year, I'm pretty sure Pods got in because more than just The Army was voting. I think it was Paulie who said a lot of people might have just not wanted another Yankee on the team. I doubt very many more people than us will vote for AJ, seeing as how he is one of the most hated people in all of sports...
which brings me back to the beginning, I want to see AJ at the ASG because everyone hates him so much. I better get voting!

Mr. White Sox
07-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Vote Chris Young too, he's earned it.

If Pedro misses the game (he's injured ATM), Young will most likely get the vacant spot. At least he better get it. Vote Nomar in, he's hitting .360-something and hasn't torn his groin in half yet. He deserves it.

Chisox003
07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
If Pedro misses the game (he's injured ATM), Young will most likely get the vacant spot. At least he better get it. Vote Nomar in, he's hitting .360-something and hasn't torn his groin in half yet. He deserves it.
I can't believe Nomar's not going. That's just terrible.

Him and AJ for me every time.

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 07:35 PM
We did it last year.

We just need a representative to go to another board.

What teams have the biggest/best boards? It seems like that would be the best because we'd have the most people.

Beautox
07-02-2006, 07:36 PM

voting AJ and nomar, thats my ticket :)

Chisox003
07-02-2006, 07:37 PM
FOR THOSE WITH FIREFOX:

Get this extension. After installing, fill out the form (except the validation code). Go to Tools > Form Saver. Save your form to "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder".

Now, after you vote, click Vote Again. Once it loads up, just click the bookmark on your toolbar. It will fill everything in, all you need to do is put in the new validation code.

For those without Firefox...what are you doing? Go get it. (http://www.getfirefox.com)
EVERYONE READ THAT!!!

Mr. White Sox
07-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Ummm, I just installed firefox on the computer downstairs (my comp has it but my parents' does not), and flash has stopped showing up on firefox. Meaning, the validation key doesn't show up either. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Never mind, I'm stupid. Just installed flash.

Daver
07-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Ummm, I just installed firefox on the computer downstairs (my comp has it but my parents' does not), and flash has stopped showing up on firefox. Meaning, the validation key doesn't show up either. Any ideas?

Go to tools, allow pop ups.

HotelWhiteSox
07-02-2006, 07:43 PM
If you have to hit the 'back' button, make sure to hit refill the code with the RIGHT one. It's almost for sure that they'll have some type of program or code that will throw out any validation keys that don't match, they don't manually count them.

HotelWhiteSox
07-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I am picking Capuano for the NL. Great year, and some midwest love

Martinigirl
07-02-2006, 07:48 PM
As much as I want to see AJ at the ASG, I don't think we can do it. Last year, I'm pretty sure Pods got in because more than just The Army was voting. I think it was Paulie who said a lot of people might have just not wanted another Yankee on the team. I doubt very many more people than us will vote for AJ, seeing as how he is one of the most hated people in all of sports...
which brings me back to the beginning, I want to see AJ at the ASG because everyone hates him so much. I better get voting!

Pods had a lot of Red Sox fans voting for him, as an anti-Jeter vote.

HotelWhiteSox
07-02-2006, 07:49 PM
No offense to AJ (love him) but Crede got hosed

russ99
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Pods had a lot of Red Sox fans voting for him, as an anti-Jeter vote.
I doubt AJ will get many votes in Minnesota, S.F. or especially L.A, so we really gotta get cooking. We have until Thursday at 5pm.

Gotta stop posting - and keep voting!

gosox83
07-02-2006, 07:58 PM
WE CAN DO THIS AND HERE IS WHY!!!

It is such a pain to vote multiple times that the AJ hater don't hate him enough to go through with it so many times, but the people who appreciate all that AJ has done for us will vote for AJ millions of times regardless!!!

vote vote vote!!!!!!

Brian26
07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I just threw a quick 10 votes in for him.

Mr. White Sox
07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Get firefox and get the form saver. It's amazing. I must have voted around 50 times in a limited amount of time thus far. Do it, yo!

shoelessjoe90
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
FOR THOSE WITH FIREFOX:

I installed it but when I want to vote a separate window pops up and there isn't a menu thing...

Shorty1983
07-02-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm down for the cause. Voted 10 times with other people's email address. :D:
:AJ:
Vote for A.J "bad to the bone" Pierzynski

MinnySoxFan
07-02-2006, 08:05 PM
WE CAN DO THIS AND HERE IS WHY!!!

It is such a pain to vote multiple times that the AJ hater don't hate him enough to go through with it so many times, but the people who appreciate all that AJ has done for us will vote for AJ millions of times regardless!!!

vote vote vote!!!!!!

I like that thought... This is a pain in the butt, but I am an AJ fan, so I do whatever I can.

gf2020
I just voted 200 times for AJ!

Come on, let's do this.

Brian26
There isn't a results page, correct?

house215
07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Lets hope the Sox do the same promotion to get the vote out for AJ as they did with Pods last year.

Brian26
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Lets hope the Sox do the same promotion to get the vote out for AJ as they did with Pods last year.

Voting ends on July 6? Am I wrong, or does it seem like the voting last year lasted much longer than four days?

oeo
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
If you have to hit the 'back' button, make sure to hit refill the code with the RIGHT one. It's almost for sure that they'll have some type of program or code that will throw out any validation keys that don't match, they don't manually count them.
Yeah, don't think you're pulling a fast one by not entering it correctly. I'm almost sure those votes will NOT count, so make sure you enter the right validation code.

Mr. White Sox
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I installed it but when I want to vote a separate window pops up and there isn't a menu thing...

use the link on page one of this thread; it opens up a ballot in the same tab/window as this one.

Crede_Fan
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Just sent in 30 more votes for AJ & Nomar!

rookie
07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Is it just me? When I pull up the ballot I am not getting a code for the validation key????

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Is it just me? When I pull up the ballot I am not getting a code for the validation key????

Do you have flash installed? If not, go here and install it:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Timmy D's
07-02-2006, 08:23 PM

Yeah he did!! So did Iguchi:angry:

Mr. White Sox
07-02-2006, 08:25 PM

Ozzie said he has a say in picking the final vote roster. My guess is that Iguchi/Crede will have a shot at getting picked to the team for Rios and Cano

shoelessjoe90
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
use the link on page one of this thread; it opens up a ballot in the same tab/window as this one.
I don't see any link

MDF3530
07-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Boy, Ed Goren at Fox Sports and the eastern seaboard propaganda network must really want Nomar, who was last really marketable five years ago, to be in the All-Star Game.

illini81887
07-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Voting ends on July 6? Am I wrong, or does it seem like the voting last year lasted much longer than four days?
ended same time as last year

Beautox
07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
whats the lowest validation key you've gotten? mine was 380

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Ozzie said he has a say in picking the final vote roster. My guess is that Iguchi/Crede will have a shot at getting picked to the team for Rios and Cano

Gary Matthews Jr and Jose Lopez are Rios and Canos replacement. Unless someone else goes down, this is the roster.

EdHerman12
07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
After I voted the first time, and chose to vote again all the info I entered (e-mail addy, b-day) was already on the form when I voted again. I would however suggest entering the validation code.....just for safe keeping :bandance:

STUFF THOSE BALLOT BOXES...IT'S THE CHICAGO WAY,'CAUSE WE WANT AJ @ PNC!

GO SOX!

lbtigerfan
07-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I have dial-up (no teasing) but I'll do as much as I can.

Sometimes ESPN takes a while to download... sometimes it's quick.

I'll see what I can do.

oeo
07-02-2006, 08:56 PM
After I voted the first time, and chose to vote again all the info I entered (e-mail addy, b-day) was already on the form when I voted again. I would however suggest entering the validation code.....just for safe keeping :bandance:

STUFF THOSE BALLOT BOXES...IT'S THE CHICAGO WAY,'CAUSE WE WANT AJ @ PNC!

GO SOX!
Yeah, I think they fixed the problem with saving the information. It didn't save earlier. BUT, if you don't want the MLB crap, you have to uncheck those boxes every time and you also have to pick the players each time, so I'm going to keep using the form saver.

I wish I would have counted how many times I've voted. I'm sure it's in the upper-hundreds by now.

Shoeless_Jim
07-02-2006, 09:03 PM
sorry about that i didnt see that post.

lbtigerfan
07-02-2006, 09:04 PM
one other thing... is it really that time consuming to enter five digits into the box? COME ON!!!! THIS IS A.J. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. ENTER THEM DAMN VALIDATION CODES!

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 09:05 PM
We need to get AJ into the ASG, every needs to vote, tell all your friends, i know we can do this, we did it for Scotty last year...it is the final ballot and if AJ doesnt get in Hafner will and we dont want that. Go to this website and vote, you can vote up to 25 times, you dont have to do that but vote a coiuple of times.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/ballot_pop.html

Check out the sticky at the top of the board. And you can vote more than 25 times.

IlliniSox4Life
07-02-2006, 09:06 PM
one other thing... is it really that time consuming to enter five digits into the box? COME ON!!!! THIS IS A.J. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. ENTER THEM DAMN VALIDATION CODES!

I dont think they mind puttin in the codes, its more a matter of beng able to vote quicker if you dont.

Shoeless_Jim
07-02-2006, 09:09 PM
my mistake

jongarlandlover
07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I think it may help to copy and paste the email address. Seems that takes the longest to type. And just enter random numbers for the b-day.

that's what i've been doing. copy & paste the email, it's a LOT quicker that way.

i'm staying up as late as i can, just voting for a.j. we've gotta get him in!

gbergman
07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
thank you windows xp. It saves my info so all i have to do is click ajs name and chris young from my hometown Padres! I shall be up all night voting for AJ!

lbtigerfan
07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
thank you windows xp. It saves my info so all i have to do is click ajs name and chris young from my hometown Padres! I shall be up all night voting for AJ!

my AOL saves it, too:bandance:

BeefyD
07-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I'll vote at least 25 times an hour for the next few hours....

BeefyD
07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm already 20 in and will try to put in about 25 an hour for the next few....

greygoose
07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060702&content_id=1535090&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Last spot

Shoeless_Jim
07-02-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74399

check that...your a little late, i made the same mistake.

Frankfan4life
Well, there goes my free time? :rolleyes:

walrus
since no one is seeing the sticky thread, and it will get the most responses this week, maybe we should just leave it unstickied

rookie
07-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Do you have flash installed? If not, go here and install it:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Thanks, I'm set now. Guess I should have read the fine print at the bottom of the ballot.

kevingrt
07-02-2006, 09:28 PM
So is our official NL guy Chris Young, or is White Sox Army have another player to vote for in the NL?

rowand33
07-02-2006, 09:36 PM
So is our official NL guy Chris Young, or is White Sox Army have another player to vote for in the NL?

I've been voting for Nomar. He's leading the NL in hitting and having quite the comeback year (and helping my fantasy team).

I just spent about 50 minutes voting for AJ and Nomar. I'll give it more time later tonight before I go to bed.

southwstchi4life
07-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Lets do it.
Go A.J.

SoxFanPrope
07-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Is there a way to see up-to-date standings on the voting?

MDF3530
07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I just asked people on another message board I frequent, http://www.celticradio.net to help us get AJ on the roster.

rowand33
07-02-2006, 09:51 PM
so one of the things that I worry about getting AJ on is this...

last year, part of the way that we got Pods on is being Boston fans helped us out because of their Yankee hatred.

I worry that AJ will be second or first in the voting when the first update comes out and then other fans will unite in their hatred of AJ and make sure he doesn't get it.

Frankfan4life
07-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Ok, now it wont let me vote. Its telling me i'm ineligible to vote. Even when i click on a new link. Anyone know whats going on?This happened to me too. I entered an old email address and I got an ineligible to vote message. If you have windows, go to another log-in account and use it. It will work. I'm voting like crazy now. Don't give up. There's usually a way around everything.

Did anyone else have this problem or know of another way to fix it?

rookie
07-02-2006, 10:05 PM
so one of the things that I worry about getting AJ on is this...

last year, part of the way that we got Pods on is being Boston fans helped us out because of their Yankee hatred.

I worry that AJ will be second or first in the voting when the first update comes out and then other fans will unite in their hatred of AJ and make sure he doesn't get it.

I don't think AJ hatred is as bad as Yankees/Red Sox hatred. Voting repeatedly is a lot of work. It's one thing to hate a team/franchise/its fans and it's another thing to hate a player that you really don't know anything about.

Out of Det, Cle, Baltimore, Min...we have the biggest market even when you take out the Cubs' share of our market. IMO we should be able to do this...especially since we have a homestand right now. How convenient!

SABRSox
07-02-2006, 10:28 PM
FOR THOSE WITH FIREFOX:

This isn't working. I'm getting the following error:

I tried my best, but I was unable to fill in your form perfectly.

- Form field email could not be found.
- Form field zip could not be found.
- Form field dob_mm could not be found.
- Form field dob_dd could not be found.
- Form field dob_yyyy could not be found.
- Form checkbox elements[7] could not be found.
- Form checkbox elements[8] could not be found.
- Form field v2 could not be found.

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. You can't use it as a straight bookmark. The page must be previously loaded, and not as a popup. Use the link at the beginning of this thread if you have a similar problem.

jongarlandlover
07-02-2006, 10:28 PM
alright. i've been voting about an hour now, i've probably put in a couple hundred votes.

we've gotta get a.j. in!

07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
put my couple hundred votes in

rmusacch
07-02-2006, 10:53 PM
I just went to mlb.com and clicked on the Final Vote and here's the ballot:

AL
Travis Hafner - Cleveland Indians
Ramon Hernandez - Baltimore Orioles
Francisco Liriano - Minnesota Twins
A.J. Pierzynski - Chicago White Sox
Justin Verlander - Detroit Tigers

NL
Bobby Abreu - Philadelphia Phillies
Chris Capuano - Milwaukee Brewers
Nomar Garciaparra - Los Angeles Dodgers
Billy Wagner - New York Mets
Chris Young - San Diego Padres

Voting for the All Star game is a sham. This last man vote is a sham. Travis Hafner and Francisco Liriano are much more deserving than AJ. Sorry can't do it.

rowand33
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Voting for the All Star game is a shame. This last man vote is a sham. Travis Hafner and Francisco Liriano are much more deserving than AJ. Sorry can't do it.

being completely honest, I think that AJ is the least qualified of all of those guys. Hell, he isn't even the most qualified catcher on that list. Hernandez has been amazing this year.

that being said... if Mark Loretta gets to start at second base... well, I don't have that much of a problem with AJ being in the game.

Edward
07-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Deserving or not deserving, I'm voting for AJ. And if he makes it, I will see you all at WSIfest in my AJ All-Star Jersey :cool:

Andy T Clown
07-02-2006, 11:11 PM
being completely honest, I think that AJ is the least qualified of all of those guys. Hell, he isn't even the most qualified catcher on that list. Hernandez has been amazing this year.

that being said... if Mark Loretta gets to start at second base... well, I don't have that much of a problem with AJ being in the game.

The guy who called (and caught) most of the games for the best pitching staff of 2005 that won the World Series is not deserving???????:o:

If I want to win a game, I want him in it. We had home field advantage for the last World Series. Lets get home field advantage again this year.

rowand33
07-02-2006, 11:18 PM
The guy who called (and caught) most of the games for the best pitching staff of 2005 that won the World Series is not deserving???????:o:

If I want to win a game, I want him in it. We had home field advantage for the last World Series. Lets get home field advantage again this year.

hey, I'm voting for AJ.

but this is the 2006 all star game. In theory, we're supposed to honor the best of the 2006 season. AJ was rewarded for 2005 with a ring.

And Hernandez is putting up the offensive numbers of a top first baseman or corner outfielder this year. Going into today, he had more RBI than players like ARod, Vlad, Glaus, Tejada, Dye, Rios... all allstars.
He also leads all major league catcher in homers and RBI. This guy is having a fantastic year and deserves to be there.
Honestly, I can't really see how anybody could really think that AJ is having a better season than Hafner, Liriano, Verlander, or Hernandez

That being said...

**** "in theory." If the Red Sox and Yankees can vote in all of their players, we can vote in AJ. It's not like he's having a bad year. And he's our guy. We'll get him in.

buehrle4cy05
07-02-2006, 11:29 PM
There goes my Monday afternoon.:cool:

CLR01
07-02-2006, 11:35 PM
There goes my Monday afternoon.:cool:

Don't forget Tuesday, you can give up one holiday*. Your family and friends will still be there next Fourth of July but AJ may not have a chance to be an all-star. 48 hours of AJ voting.:gulp:

*-You may have to vote again next year. Free time is not guaranteed.

thomas35forever
07-02-2006, 11:39 PM
It's gonna be tough since it's likely no one outside of Chicago will vote for him, but if we do what we did last year, we can get it done. Vote, vote, vote!!!!!!!!!

kruzer31
07-02-2006, 11:41 PM
The White Sox and Brooks Boyer should set up computers all along the concourse at U.S.Cellular for ever game this week against Baltimore so the 30,000 plus fans can vote for A.J. throughout the whole game

Kruze

Gregory Pratt
07-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Let's Do It!

slobes
07-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Don't care who's more deserving. AJ's getting into the all-star game.

South Side Irish
07-03-2006, 12:45 AM

Mark Redman is an All-Star. This (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6285) Mark Redman.

AJ may not be a stat guy, but he's certainly more star worthy than the other players on this list (Lirano will make his share, too). And who wouldn't kill to see Ozzie pinch-hit AJ when Carlos Zambrano is pitching for the NL?!:redneck Can you imagine the big wacko if AJ went deep off him in the ASG?

rowand33
07-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Mark Redman is an All-Star. This (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6285) Mark Redman.

AJ may not be a stat guy, but he's certainly more star worthy than the other players on this list (Lirano will make his share, too). And who wouldn't kill to see Ozzie pinch-hit AJ when Carlos Zambrano is pitching for the NL?!:redneck Can you imagine the big wacko if AJ went deep off him in the ASG?

I agree. I even said that above. There's a reason I've sat here on and off all night voting for AJ. I don't think he's the most qualified, but I'll be furious if AJ isn't there.

BRDSR
07-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Alright all, just got to a computer for the first time today about an hour ago and have spent that hour voting for AJ. If you get tired, here are a few moments that I just let run through my mind that keep me going:

-LA walkoff

-The Boone Walk

-Game 2, ALCS

-Jumping into Jenks' arms after World Series Win.

-Getting punched in the face.:angry:

-Cubs walkoff

In the press conference after getting punched in the face, AJ was noticeably down. You could tell he was tired of the crap that he's taken from the league even though he's just a hard-working player looking for every edge within the rules. He's second to Rowand on my list of Grinders, and I think voting him into the All-Star game would be a huge pick-him-up.

South Side Irish
07-03-2006, 12:56 AM
I agree. I even said that above. There's a reason I've sat here on and off all night voting for AJ. I don't think he's the most qualified, but I'll be furious if AJ isn't there.

Me, too. I'd be so mad, I could hit somebody...:cool:

voodoochile
07-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Voting for the All Star game is a sham. This last man vote is a sham. Travis Hafner and Francisco Liriano are much more deserving than AJ. Sorry can't do it.

And your point is?

I mean since when was the AS game anything but a popularity contest?

Since when did WSI and the Sox army care about fairness?

Since when did the site motto stop being "Totally biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective"?

Since when did the Sox not deserve to have a whole mess of players who deserve to be there who won't be going?

Go for it Sox Army and churros for all my friends if AJ gets in...

:walkoff:

:moonwalk: <----------doing the Boonewalk

ChiSoxGirl
07-03-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm going to do my part of spreading the "Vote for AJ" love at the two games I'll be at this week- Monday & Thursday. I have a "Vote for Scott" button that I got from one of the security guards last year, and I'm going to put a piece of masking tape over "Scott" and write "AJ" in red ink and sport that at the ballpark this week.

pistolesatdawn
07-03-2006, 02:54 AM

traitor

soxfanreggie
07-03-2006, 06:39 AM
This is an "exhibition" game and we want our guy. If the Yanke$$, Red $ox, and Met$ can stuff the ballot box and get their guys on, so can we.

Too bad we can't make a deal with another team that we vote for their guy if they vote for AJ. Best things, no Yankees (like Matsui) or Red Sox to compete against.

Realist
07-03-2006, 06:45 AM
I still have cramps in my hands from voting for Podsednik last season.

*sigh* AJ.... this is for you....

Realist
07-03-2006, 06:46 AM

:dtroll:

jenn2080
07-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I have voted about 50 times this morning. I will be voting at the game today and Wed. Good luck AJ

Boondock Saint
07-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Add one more voter to the list...been voting for the last half hour...1'st post here, too. What's up, all?

whitem0nkey
07-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Did we strike any deal with Met or Philly fans, to vote for AJ?

littlesully23
07-03-2006, 09:24 AM

I wouldn't give up AJ straight up for Hernandez. I don't care if he's got 15 homers. AJ is more valuable. He is the embodiment of our championship team and he deserves to be an all star. I hate it when people look at the numbers more than the games.

littlesully23
07-03-2006, 09:28 AM
And this year Joe Crede is much more deserving than Alex Rodriguez.

FedEx227
07-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm sorry I'm along with the Hafner/Liriano guy. We're always complaining over here about the ASG being nothing but a popularity contest and it being a game to decide home-field and etc... yet we vote a guy clearly not deserving. Yes, hes the heart and soul of our team, but based on pure merit, he doesn't deserve the bid at all.

Sorry, but Hafner or Liriano are my votes for the 32nd man, I'd probably go with Liriano he's been absolutely on fire, 9-1 out of the gates, a ridiculous ERA and K/9 ratio.

I love AJ as much as the next guy. I was one of the all-day Pods voters because he truly deserved the bid... this year however I want to win home-field, thus I'm voting Liriano.

Gregory Pratt
07-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey guys,

Instead of arguing with that one fellow who doesn't think AJ deserves it, how about you take your energy and vote vote vote vote vote?

I've been all morning, and stayed up quite late at night.
And, by the way, to those of you guys who are saying you'll vote at the games: that's all fine and well, for sure.

Buuuuuuuut,

Vote online, mmm? Let's not play it safe and assume that Dewey's going to defeat Truman.

jenn2080
07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Hey guys,

Instead of arguing with that one fellow who doesn't think AJ deserves it, how about you take your energy and vote vote vote vote vote?

I've been all morning, and stayed up quite late at night.
And, by the way, to those of you guys who are saying you'll vote at the games: that's all fine and well, for sure.

Buuuuuuuut,

Vote online, mmm? Let's not play it safe and assume that Dewey's going to defeat Truman.

I agree who cares if one person doesnt think AJ should go. Just keep voting

sox_fan_forever
07-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I put in over a 100 votes last night. I have to head to work soon, but when I get home tonight, I am going to be voting the entire time I'm watching the game. :redneck

twinsuck1
07-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Can we vote more then 25 times? Lawrence Holmes is on the score and just said that you can vote up to 25 times for A.J.??? Hope I did not just vote 200 times for nothing?

koch44
07-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Can we vote more then 25 times? Lawrence Holmes is on the score and just said that you can vote up to 25 times for A.J.??? Hope I did not just vote 200 times for nothing?

It's unlimited!

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 10:44 AM

It doesn't say anything on the voting page, and if you could only vote 25 times, they would most likely track your email and cut it off after 25 votes from that address. If you are really concerned, make a couple of email addresses and use them to vote every 25. i would say put in fake emails, but you dont want it coming back to bite you. If you need a place to make an email, PM me and I can send you a GMail invite.

the gooch
07-03-2006, 11:07 AM
normally i would say give AJ some rest and let him stay home. Especially because he is a catcher.

but...
because he is a catcher, he would get to work with all the all-star pitchers, and i believe he could use that as an advantage in the 2nd half. so i will vote for him. here comes jsmith@company.com!

grinderrule#1
07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Save Time By Entering A Bs E-mail Adress And Keep The Two Boxes Under The E-mail Adress Checked Then Vote And Click Vote Again And You Wont Have To Re Enter Your Info

BainesHOF
07-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Enough said.

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Enough said.

So someone makes a post telling others they shouldn't post?

Pot, meet Kettle.

batmanZoSo
07-03-2006, 11:49 AM
This is great, I think we can do it again easily. No Jeter to contend with like last year...the names this year aren't very big. Hafner is definitely worthy, but not exactly a big name.

WizardsofOzzie
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Save Time By Entering A Bs E-mail Adress And Keep The Two Boxes Under The E-mail Adress Checked Then Vote And Click Vote Again And You Wont Have To Re Enter Your Info

Didn't work for me :(:

Palehose13
07-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Enough said.
Stop making useless threads telling people what to do.

Enough said*

*Have I told you lately how much I really hate that little saying. See, if you really did make such a statement that you didn't need to say anymore, you wouldn't have to say "Enough said". Comprende?

BainesHOF
07-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Nice. Real nice.

Palehose13
07-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Nice. Real nice.

And you are referring to what?

slobes
07-03-2006, 11:57 AM

Good time saver

bobwsx
07-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Stop making useless threads telling people what to do.

Enough said*

*Have I told you lately how much I really hate that little saying. See, if you really did make such a statement that you didn't need to say anymore, you wouldn't have to say "Enough said". Comprende?
What he said.:dtroll:

whitesoxfan
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I just put 50 more votes in.

bobwsx
07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
i have two different e-mails.i did about 30 with both.

Kittle'sNeighbor
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I just did my 1000th this morning. 30min. last night and 1hr-15min this morning.

Called into the office and gave instructions for my 3 graphic designers to start voting since they have "nothing to do" 5000 votes eacha and they can go home.:wink:

AJ, pack your bags. You are off to the Steel City!!

LuvSox
07-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I'll be seeing validation keys in my sleep. GO AJ!

slobes
07-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Called into the office and gave instructions for my 3 graphic designers to start voting since they have "nothing to do" 5000 votes eacha and they can go home.:wink:

Genius :cool:

CRAW
07-03-2006, 01:06 PM
AJ just got about 50 votes from me. Let's do dis!

ChiSoxFan7
07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
FOR THOSE WITH FIREFOX:

AMEN!

Pierzynski 12
07-03-2006, 01:19 PM
A.J.:gulp:

Gregory Pratt
07-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Just got done voting

What does that mean?
There are still several days left.

You're not done until Thursday, son. :P

oeo
07-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Just got done voting

Done? You've got THREE days left!

IlliniSox4Life
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM

I just created a new email address and kept the boxes checked. this way, in case they happen to try and validate the email addresses, the votes wont be disqualified.

CLR01
07-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I just created a new email address and kept the boxes checked. this way, in case they happen to try and validate the email addresses, the votes wont be disqualified.

I doubt they will take the time to validate 1 email address let alone a few hundred thousand but it still only takes 5 minutes to open a junk yahoo account no use playing with fire. :gulp:

NonetheLoaiza
07-03-2006, 03:18 PM
FYI...anyone wanting to vote for AJ at the park (and has kids) could go up to the Fundamentals and use the computers there to vote.

Shoeless_Jim
07-03-2006, 03:32 PM
i voted many times..who did everyone vote for for national league, i just picked a dif person every time. Just whoever i clicked on first.

CLR01
07-03-2006, 03:56 PM

43 :Rocker:

batmanZoSo
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
43 :Rocker:

10. :yup:

batmanZoSo
07-03-2006, 04:04 PM
i voted many times..who did everyone vote for for national league, i just picked a dif person every time. Just whoever i clicked on first.

Damn it, man! You're wasting valuable AJ voting time--you don't have to make two votes. :D:

yesenia
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM

jabrch
07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Just a question..while it is nice to see AJ make it, is there any doubt, at the end of the day, that Travis Hafner is more deserving? Without AJ, the Sox would still be decent. Without Hafner, Cleveland would be in a world of hurt.

oeo
07-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Just a question..while it is nice to see AJ make it, is there any doubt, at the end of the day, that Travis Hafner is more deserving? Without AJ, the Sox would still be decent. Without Hafner, Cleveland would be in a world of hurt.
I hate Hafner, he's a douchebag. He also has the worst nickname I've ever heard, so, vote AJ!

StatHead21
07-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I hate Hafner, he's a douchebag. He also has the worst nickname I've ever heard, so, vote AJ!

How is he a douchebag?

oeo
07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
How is he a douchebag?
That's my opinion, I can't stand him. He said he will be puking in the clubhouse when the Sox receive their rings, he showboats, and every guy on the Indians thinks they're the next coming of Christ.

StatHead21
07-03-2006, 05:28 PM
That's my opinion, I can't stand him. He said he will be puking in the clubhouse when the Sox receive their rings, he showboats, and every guy on the Indians thinks they're the next coming of Christ.

I agree that the Indians are the scummiest team in baseball. V-mart, Belliard, and big fat Fece Sabathia make me sick. I don't mind Hafner and Sizemore though.

jabrch
07-03-2006, 05:50 PM
With all due respect to PK and Thome, Hafner is every bit the hitter that either of them are.

LuzinskiFan
07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
I got my 6 year old nephew to help out with voting for AJ and he's a Blue Jay fan.

oeo
07-03-2006, 07:32 PM
With all due respect to PK and Thome, Hafner is every bit the hitter that either of them are.

That's nice...when Hafner plays on a winning team/wins the World Series, he can be there. The Sox get a couple extra guys because their manager is managing the game (just like every other team). When the Indians win a World Series, I'm sure Hafner will be there. And you can't tell me that neither Thome or Konerko deserve to go.

Some guys get left out, there are a couple guys on the Sox that I think should still be there, but are not. And there are more than a couple in most years, so Hafner can suck it up.

jabrch
07-03-2006, 08:03 PM
That's nice...when Hafner plays on a winning team/wins the World Series, he can be there. The Sox get a couple extra guys because their manager is managing the game (just like every other team). When the Indians win a World Series, I'm sure Hafner will be there. And you can't tell me that neither Thome or Konerko deserve to go.

Some guys get left out, there are a couple guys on the Sox that I think should still be there, but are not. And there are more than a couple in most years, so Hafner can suck it up.

Wow...you seem like an angry person.

gobears1987
07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
I voted early, and I voted often. I will do it all over again too.

gobears1987
07-03-2006, 08:50 PM
10. :yup:bleh, my lowest was 356

oeo
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow...you seem like an angry person.
Haha, why? I can't stand the Indians, that's all. The ONLY guy on the Indians that I can stand is Sizemore, every other guy on that team pisses me off. The worst losses are against the Indians, I love when they fail. The less Indians that are All-Stars, the happier I am.

Brian26
07-03-2006, 09:52 PM

Is Holmes spreading BS to people that they can't vote more than 25 times? Is he a lemming scrubs fan?

Brian26
07-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Windows XP in fact does save your information....all you have to do is punch in the validation code.

buehrle4cy05
07-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I just sent a message to the 108 members of my White Sox fan group on facebook telling them to vote for AJ as much as possible from now until Thursday. I've put my share in so far.

TornLabrum
07-03-2006, 11:47 PM
I just checked my email and had the following from Brooks Boyer:

LuvSox
07-03-2006, 11:58 PM

Awesome, as usual.

oeo
07-04-2006, 12:18 AM

Yeah, it's too bad the umpire stands right in front of it and you can't see it on TV, though. They should move it over to the right where they had the "Vote for Scott" one last year.

Edward
07-04-2006, 12:19 AM

AWESOME, thanks to Brooks and TL, lets get this guy in!

IlliniSox4Life
07-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Just got back from the game. Southpaw + Chevy Pride Crew were all wearing "Punch AJ" shirts, and they announced it several times between innings.

When they announced it though, they said that you could only vote 25 times per email address. That has me worried.

RealMenWearBlack
07-04-2006, 03:53 AM
I think a message board that would be the most likely to vote for AJ would be a Dodgers board. Although he hit the walk off homer against them last year (and they ended up 4th in their crappy division anyway), they have to be happy about the dropped third strike play against the Angels. Just a thought.

gbergman
07-04-2006, 03:55 AM
Just got back from the game. Southpaw + Chevy Pride Crew were all wearing "Punch AJ" shirts, and they announced it several times between innings.

When they announced it though, they said that you could only vote 25 times per email address. That has me worried.
yea around my twenty fifth punch my comp stopped saving my email adress. good thing i have tons of em that i never used.

Thome25
07-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Something tht's a little off subject but, kinda cool: Anyone else think the player shadow next to the all-star final vote logo looks like AJ? I think it does with the backwards cap on.

soxfanreggie
07-04-2006, 08:51 AM
gbergman,

You can just manually put in the same e-mail address again. I don't know why it stops saving it, but you can sitll use it after that.

Edward
07-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Whitesox.com says they had "Punch A.J." shirts available. Did anyone see them at yesterday's game? Can they be purchased online or are they only for sale at the park?

TornLabrum
07-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Whitesox.com says they had "Punch A.J." shirts available. Did anyone see them at yesterday's game? Can they be purchased online or are they only for sale at the park?

Brooks Boyer told Chris Rongey after last nights game that they were trying to find someone who could get a bunch made by Wednesday (tomorrow)

soxwon
07-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Theres no validation key HELP!!!

MarySwiss
07-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Is Holmes spreading BS to people that they can't vote more than 25 times? Is he a lemming scrubs fan?

I haven't been counting, but I'm sure I've voted way more than 25 times, and it's still letting me vote and saving my info. (Windows XP)

soxwon
07-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Theres no validation key HELP!!!

fixed i had to download adobe flash.

Frankfan4life
07-04-2006, 12:19 PM
I've voted 100's of times with the same email address. I can't find anything that says you are limited to only 25 votes, and I looked.

illini81887
07-04-2006, 12:26 PM
I've voted 100's of times with the same email address. I can't find anything that says you are limited to only 25 votes, and I looked.
yea your not limited to on this kind of voting

Foulke You
07-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I haven't been counting, but I'm sure I've voted way more than 25 times, and it's still letting me vote and saving my info. (Windows XP)
Ed Farmer said during yesterday's broadcast that you can vote as many times as you'd like for the 32nd Man Voting.

ws05champs
07-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Remember to hit the keys Alt and Left Arrow instead of the "Vote Again" button to return to the ballot. I was able to vote 10 times in one minute using this. Now that's voting Chicago style.

voodoochile
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Remember to hit the keys Alt and Left Arrow instead of the "Vote Again" button to return to the ballot. I was able to vote 10 times in one minute using this. Now that's voting Chicago style.

"Right Click" and "Back" work too..

MarySwiss
07-04-2006, 01:09 PM

Sweet! That's much faster. Thanks!

Green
07-04-2006, 01:20 PM
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=115&threadID=3917503&lastPostID=25266179

Looks like we got some competition here.

oeo
07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
How often do they give updates? I thought a voting update would be coming some time today.

CLR01
07-04-2006, 01:38 PM
"Right Click" and "Back" work too..
Having a four button mouse with one button set as "back" is much easier. :smile:

Chips
07-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm actually voting. I didn't at all for the regular All Star ballot except for one ballot out of spite where I voted for all the Orioles. I voted for AJ a few dozen times so far.

MarySwiss
07-04-2006, 01:50 PM
How often do they give updates? I thought a voting update would be coming some time today.

I kind of hope they don't give any updates. That would give the AJ-haters out there time to react, assuming he's ahead or even close. Let's just keep voting and sneak up on them. :cool:

Timmy D's
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I've lost track must be 70+ by now for me, and I have my son on my lap top, he's blowin me away. He claims he has over 200 in now, but I think he's just tryin' to make me look bad.:(:

oeo
07-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I kind of hope they don't give any updates. That would give the AJ-haters out there time to react, assuming he's ahead or even close. Let's just keep voting and sneak up on them. :cool:

We need to know if we're in the lead and who our competition is.

MarySwiss
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
We need to know if we're in the lead and who our competition is.

You have a point. I would just hate to see the AJ-haters try to get together to keep AJ out.

Anyway, I have a fairly light workload the next few days, so I'm going to keep dropping them in. Let's do this thing, guys!

Mr. White Sox
07-04-2006, 07:51 PM
How often do they give updates? I thought a voting update would be coming some time today.update At the halfway point of the (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060702&content_id=1535506&vkey=allstar2006&fext=.jsp)Monster 2006 All-Star Final Vote (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%28popWin%28%27http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/index.html%27,%27fvBallot%27,%27550%27,%27600%27,% 27scrollbars=yes%27%29%29), the races are too close to even designate a leader, the campaigns are getting more clever than ever, and baseball fans are having no problem finding time to vote for two deserving players during this long Fourth of July break.

Mr. White Sox
07-04-2006, 08:00 PM
The White Sox and Brooks Boyer should set up computers all along the concourse at U.S.Cellular for ever game this week against Baltimore so the 30,000 plus fans can vote for A.J. throughout the whole game

Kruze Travis Hafner: (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060702&content_id=1534784&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle) The Indians have had more than 30 computer terminals set up around Jacobs Field for fans to vote for Hafner during their current series against the Yankees. They also have "Vote Pronk" T-shirts and buttons, and their gameday staff is wearing "election hats" with the buttons. Expect to see players wearing the shirts as well, and there was even talk of possibly having a terminal in the dugout for players to vote.

ws05champs
07-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Ed Farmer said during yesterday's broadcast that you can vote as many times as you'd like for the 32nd Man Voting.

They announced at the game and during the radio broadcast that it is 25 times per E-mail address. The solution is to get more E-mail addresses. I have 8 so I got 200 votes in.

MarySwiss
07-04-2006, 08:56 PM
They announced at the game and during the radio broadcast that it is 25 times per E-mail address. The solution is to get more E-mail addresses. I have 8 so I got 200 votes in.

No, it isn't! WHO is "they"? I have voted at least 100 times and have never had to use any of my other e-mail addys.

Chips
07-04-2006, 09:04 PM
No, it isn't! WHO is "they"? I have voted at least 100 times and have never had to use any of my other e-mail addys.
I've also used the same one over and over again.

munchman33
07-04-2006, 11:07 PM

That's wrong. There is a limit on regular all-star voting, but no limit on 32nd man voting.

oeo
07-04-2006, 11:41 PM
[url="http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060702&content_id=1535506&vkey=allstar2006&fext=.jsp"]update

It's quite funny how the Sox have created a new tradition where the team campaigns for their player. What a bunch of thieves, steal their idea.

oeo
07-04-2006, 11:46 PM

This is true, it's unlimited. I'm probably up to about 2,000 votes by now with the same e-mail. They should stop spreading that crap around.

IlliniSox4Life
07-04-2006, 11:49 PM

They is the announcer at the games. I'm not sure if it is Honda, I wasn't paying attention, but whoever it was said over the PA only 25 votes.

You can also enter the wrong code and it will accept it. The question is not whether they will accept more than 25 votes per address, they will. The question is whether or not they will COUNT more than 25 votes per email. I am sure they are throwing out the ones without valid confirmation codes, but they don't tell you that when you submit it.

Whether or not they will count more than 25, I don't know. But the PA at the stadium said only 25 votes per email.

oeo
07-05-2006, 12:04 AM
They is the announcer at the games. I'm not sure if it is Honda, I wasn't paying attention, but whoever it was said over the PA only 25 votes.

You can also enter the wrong code and it will accept it. The question is not whether they will accept more than 25 votes per address, they will. The question is whether or not they will COUNT more than 25 votes per email. I am sure they are throwing out the ones without valid confirmation codes, but they don't tell you that when you submit it.

Whether or not they will count more than 25, I don't know. But the PA at the stadium said only 25 votes per email.
It doesn't stop and tell you the code is incorrect, but chances are it probably won't count the vote. Better safe than sorry, so you should put the code in there.

As for not counting any votes after 25, that would piss me off. I can get 25 in like 2 minutes, and if all those votes don't count, what a waste of time. I'm pretty sure it's unlimited, though. It was last year and in all past years.

CLR01
07-05-2006, 12:41 AM
From MLB.com:

There is no limit on how many times you can vote right here or by mobile phone (javascript:void(popWin('http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/mobile.html','fvBallot','550','600','scrollbars=ye s'))).

Whoever said there is a 25 limit is wrong. Now get back to voting (unless you're one of the "crusaders" trying to do the right thing:rolleyes:).

MinnySoxFan
07-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Vote Pronk? :rolleyes:

I take the Sox on being the most creative MLB PR department.

itsnotrequired
07-05-2006, 06:36 AM
AJ currently in second place behind Liriano.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060702&content_id=1535506&vkey=allstar2006&fext=.jsp

Chips
07-05-2006, 07:16 AM
AJ currently in second place behind Liriano.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060702&content_id=1535506&vkey=allstar2006&fext=.jsp
Do you think this has anything to do with it?:tongue: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1220063#post1220063)

twinsuck1
07-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Less posting more voting!!!! I have already voted 1000 times today and will continue to vote throughout the day!
LETS DO THIS!!!!

CRAW
07-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Keep voting as there is no limit! See the link posted...

"There is no limit on how many times you can vote right here (javascript:void(popWin('http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/index.html','fvBallot','550','600','scrollbars=yes '))) or by mobile phone (javascript:void(popWin('http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/fv/mobile.html','fvBallot','550','600','scrollbars=ye s')))."

oeo
07-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I think AJ is going to lose this one for himself. All those votes that went to Verlander and Hernandez, maybe Hafner, are now going to go towards Liriano to keep AJ out. It's worth a try, but I don't think we're going to get him in. :(:

Jjav829
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I think AJ is going to lose this one for himself. All those votes that went to Verlander and Hernandez, maybe Hafner, are now going to go towards Liriano to keep AJ out. It's worth a try, but I don't think we're going to get him in. :(:

Do you really think there are people out there who dislike AJ so much that they are going to spend hours voting to keep him out? Or put it this way, if the player you dislike the most in all of baseball was on the ballot and there was no Sox player for you to vote for, would you spend time voting just to keep that player out of the game? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Just keep voting, people. They said it was very close last night, so 2nd place could be a difference of a couple hundred votes.

MarySwiss
07-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Do you really think there are people out there who dislike AJ so much that they are going to spend hours voting to keep him out? Or put it this way, if the player you dislike the most in all of baseball was on the ballot and there was no Sox player for you to vote for, would you spend time voting just to keep that player out of the game? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Just keep voting, people. They said it was very close last night, so 2nd place could be a difference of a couple hundred votes.

Sure, some rabid AJ-haters will, but don't forget; they aren't organized, and we are. Keep those votes coming!

Mickster
07-05-2006, 12:32 PM

Ahem....

LINKY (http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39893) to Tiger's board.

I'm so tempted to quit voting for Verlander and start voting for Liriano, just so Assinine Jerk Pierzynski doesn't become an All-Star. But I'll keep the faith for Justin for now ....

I split my vote between Hernandez and Liriano. Seeing that Piercheater is benefitting from the garbagemen and unemployed voters I went with Liriano all the way.

If Liriano doesn't make it, it'll be a travesty. Justin can get the needed rest and relaxation.

Just as long as the most hated player in baseball doesn't make it, I don't care.

I suggest we all start voting for Liriano. Our Verlander vots may be helping that other idiot.

Jjav829
07-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Ahem....

LINKY (http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39893) to Tiger's board.

Well, those are the nutjobs at motownsports.com. They have a weird hatred of anything and everything Chicago, so I'm not surprised.

MsSoxVixen22
07-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Ahem....

:o: :mad: Wow! What a bunch of *******s! I can't believe they hate AJ THAT much to vote for someone else!!

soxfan13
07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
bunch of jerkballs!!!!:angry:

MarySwiss
07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Ahem....

Yeah, but that was only a few posters, and there were also a few who said they wouldn't vote for Liriano. Sure, those bozos will toss in a few votes, but as JJav pointed out, they're not likely to spend hours on end voting against AJ.

I personally have voted for AJ a couple of hundred times already just this morning--it's 10:45 here--and I plan to continue.

koch44
07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh come on, they're gonna be voting for the player that deserves it the most.

MarySwiss
07-05-2006, 12:55 PM
If you guys check that Tigers thread again, someone just pointed out that Verlander has moved into third, so that ought to slow down the "anybody-but-AJ" movement somewhat. :cool:

soxfan13
07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
ill show them I am gonna vote Verlander in

oeo
07-05-2006, 12:59 PM

I wouldn't either, but Red Sox fans did it last year to Jeter, and it wouldn't surprise me if Tigers, Indians, and Flubs fans just did what they could to keep AJ out of the game.

And from Reifert's blog:
We did some overnight polling and found that, as expected, AJ is showing poorly in Minnesota, San Francisco, Houston, the North Side and in the Orange County/Anaheim area. It is the Chicago vote that is keeping him on pace with Liriano, so Sox fans need to keep hammering away at your keyboards.

What did he ever do to the Astros? I understand Minnesota (Liriano), San Francisco (Tomko), Flubbers (whiners), and Anaheim (boneheads), but what did AJ ever do in Houston?

hi im skot
07-05-2006, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't either, but Red Sox fans did it last year to Jeter, and it wouldn't surprise me if Tigers, Indians, and Flubs fans just did what they could to keep AJ out of the game.

And from Reifert's blog:

What did he ever do to the Astros? I understand Minnesota (Liriano), San Francisco (Tomko), Flubbers (whiners), and Anaheim (boneheads), but what did AJ ever do in Houston?

Kicked their asses in the World Series. :cool:

MarySwiss
07-05-2006, 01:22 PM

Well, that's why I said yesterday that I would prefer no updates. But now that we're in a battle, we'll just have to keep tossing in those votes.

Punch A.J.

twinsuck1
07-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Last year was Pods leading in voting when MLB gave the first update of votes?

Soxgirl22
07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
I don't even remember them giving an update last year...

Timmy D's
07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Sooo tired, must keep voting!!!!!!:smile:

Jaffar
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
It doesn't seem to matter what Validation key you enter as anything works.

Joosh
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM

Actually, the first update said that Jeter was winning.

MarySwiss
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
It doesn't seem to matter what Validation key you enter as anything works.

Nobody seems to know if it counts, though. That's the thing.

Edward
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM

I'm pretty sure they did, and I think he was in second.

Jaffar
07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Nobody seems to know if it counts, though. That's the thing.

Hasn't it done the same thing in previous years too?

twinsuck1
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty sure they did, and I think he was in second.

Thats what I thought, so we just need to do the same as last year! Are there going to be anymore updates on the voting or will there just be a final announcement now?

Frankfan4life
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I work with a lot of Sox fans. I'm sending an email to my colleagues to get them to start voting. I came home from work to pour in about 25 votes and I'll be putting in some major votes tonight. This is going to be really close.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, here I come!!!!