PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July - Kids Day

Cellview22
07-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm planning on going to the 4th of July game with my brother in law and 3 kids who are coming from out of town. I called for tix and apparently there's still around 4000 tickets still available, which was surprising to me at first, and then I figured most people might be waiting for the day of game to purchase their tickets, since kids 13 and under get in for $1 if purchased on the day of the game.

I was going to buy the tickets, but then realized I could get the kids in for $1 if I waited. What will the walkup be like, and do you think all the tickets will sell out before noon on the 4th? We're planning on driving in to downtown, and then making our way over to the Cell at around noon. I doubt we can get there before that. Any insight appreciated. :smile:

jenn2080
07-02-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm planning on going to the 4th of July game with my brother in law and 3 kids who are coming from out of town. I called for tix and apparently there's still around 4000 tickets still available, which was surprising to me at first, and then I figured most people might be waiting for the day of game to purchase their tickets, since kids 13 and under get in for $1 if purchased on the day of the game.

I was going to buy the tickets, but then realized I could get the kids in for $1 if I waited. What will the walkup be like, and do you think all the tickets will sell out before noon on the 4th? We're planning on driving in to downtown, and then making our way over to the Cell at around noon. I doubt we can get there before that. Any insight appreciated. :smile:

If you want any chance of getting autographs you better be inline about 3 hrs+ before the game starts. I would also just buy the tickets before hand. I have took my bro to all of them so far and it is far more easy to just buy them in advance.

rookie
07-02-2006, 10:18 PM
I went to a kid's day last year in early August and was worried about getting tickets walking up and it turned out to be fine. I think the chance of a walk-up sold out is less of a liklihood because it's on the 4th and people have BBQ/picnics/the Taste to do. Personally, I would chance it. Just get to the park 2 hours early.

To get the Kid prices the kids have to be with you. I doubt that even 1,000 people will walk up with kids on Tuesday. But that is just my opinion. (Also, there's a teacher discount day on Wednesday so it's possible that those who would normally do the kid's day already got tix for that game. I did for my cousins and I).

You know that Kid tix are only for the upper deck right?

hi im skot
07-02-2006, 10:26 PM
My little sister is dying to meet Pods.

Any advice for me, other than arriving 3 hours prior to the game?

Cellview22
07-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks, guys, for your responses. I think we're going to chance it. If it sells out and we can't get in, we'll probably head on over to ESPNZone, to watch the game and let the kids play around. But I think we'll be fine.

Palehose13
07-03-2006, 12:41 PM
No!!!! Damnit. I have been planning on going to his game for months without realizing it is a Kids day. :mad: Oh well, at least Nancy will be there...right?

Cellview22
07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
They should advertise $1 Kids Days more. I haven't seen one promo for it. With all the millions of people coverging downtown on the 4th, it'll be unfathomable if it doesn't sell out.

Johnny Mostil
07-10-2006, 10:15 AM
You know that Kid tix are only for the upper deck right?

I luuuvvvv the search function . . . I was about to post a question about this regarding the 9/10 Kids Day . . .

The $1 kids tix will still get the kids down on the field before the game for autographs or after the game to run the bases, right? Or not?

As noted, I'm thinking of the 9/10 Kids Day and not sure whether to buy now (best available appear to be Sec 536) or wait to see how the schedule develops . . .

CantuSox
07-10-2006, 10:25 AM
We went on July 4th kids day and bought tix at the ballpark. We were in lower reserved sec 156 and my son's ticket was only a buck. The promotion is not just limited to the upper deck.

Johnny Mostil
07-11-2006, 11:55 AM
We went on July 4th kids day and bought tix at the ballpark. We were in lower reserved sec 156 and my son's ticket was only a buck. The promotion is not just limited to the upper deck.

But the features of the promotion--e.g., being able to get autographs (albeit with a long wait as jenn mentioned) and running the bases after the game--aren't limited to lower-deck ticket holders, right? As mentioned, I'm considering this for 9/10, but only uppers appear to be available . . .

hi im skot
07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
But the features of the promotion--e.g., being able to get autographs (albeit with a long wait as jenn mentioned) and running the bases after the game--aren't limited to lower-deck ticket holders, right? As mentioned, I'm considering this for 9/10, but only uppers appear to be available . . .

Right. :smile:

We had UD seats for July 4th...my sister had no problems getting autographs and running the bases.

And yes, get in line EARLY if you want autographs. I was lined up by 11:45-noonish and did alright.

Johnny Mostil
07-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Right. :smile:

We had UD seats for July 4th...my sister had no problems getting autographs and running the bases.

And yes, get in line EARLY if you want autographs. I was lined up by 11:45-noonish and did alright.

Great! Thanks for the tip . . .

rookie
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM

I didn't know that. That's good to know. And they let you do the autograph thing even though it's on the lower deck. Very cool. Does any other park have a fundamentals deck like the Sox? That thing is amazing, especially for the kids who aren't diehard about baseball...yet. (My cousins asked if we could go to the Fundamentals deck during halftime. But toward the end of the game my cousin asked me if he was "in a dream.") I also like it because it gets kids active instead of just being spectators.

Does anyone know when they changed the policy that you have to have kids to go to the Fundamentals deck? It kinda stinks for those who just want to see what it's all about but don't have kids, but it's nice because the place doesn't get too overcrowded.