PDA

View Full Version : Even when being nice, ESPN are drillrods

DumpJerry
07-01-2006, 11:46 PM
On BBTN tonight, they did their nominations for the ESPY's Coach/Manager of the year. They nominated Ozzie because he led the White Sox to the World Series title in his first year as Manager.

How do these guys keep their jobs?

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
2004 did not count because.... well, you'll have to ask shoota. :cool:

buehrle4cy05
07-02-2006, 01:32 AM
On BBTN tonight, they did their nominations for the ESPY's Coach/Manager of the year. They nominated Ozzie because he led the White Sox to the World Series title in his first year as Manager.

How do these guys keep their jobs?

I decided to watch BBTN tonight to keep up on the Tigers/Pirates game instead of GameCasting it on the MLB site. What I heard from Mullethead was ridiculously hilarious:

"Jim Thome is absolutely CARRYING the White Sox!"

It was funny, because after that, they showed the Konerko highlight, and Orestes Destrade said, "Thome/Konerko/Dye, 3-4-5 in the Sox order all have 20 home runs. That's the best middle of the order in baseball." That totally contradicted what Mullethead had to say. Classic.

rowand33
07-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Pretty soon we're all going to see a news story about how Brantley checked into rehab.

I swear to god that guy is drunk most of the time I see him on BBTN.

stacksedwards
07-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Brantley is like Uncle Rico. He still wishes it was 92. When he could throw a baseball over those mountains.

Chisox003
07-02-2006, 04:23 AM
He choked hilariously yesterday on the show.

They were doing a comparison: Who has the better left side of the infield, Yankees or Mets.

He picked the Yankees, but said if he could combine, "I'd go with Jeter and um, Mr., third baseman, um, the Mets....." [awkward silence] "David Wright?" says the host.

Brantley nods as if it was scripted and goes "Yup." It was awesome to watch him squirm.

Tool

TDog
07-02-2006, 05:03 AM
Last year was the first year the people at ESPN noticed the White Sox had a manager. It might have been the first year they noticed that baseball Sox, like wines, come in red AND white.

Jjav829
07-02-2006, 10:02 AM
This isn't really related, but I just heard SportsCenter say they are going to debate which team should have more All-Star starters; the Yankees or the Red Sox. :?:

Uhh, how about the White Sox.

MarySwiss
07-02-2006, 10:51 AM
This isn't really related, but I just heard SportsCenter say they are going to debate which team should have more starts; the Yankees or the Red Sox. :?:

I heard that too. How about "neither?"

What clowns they are!

gbergman
07-02-2006, 12:15 PM
brantley is a joke

bryPt
07-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Here is a solution to the Eastern Seaboard Programming Networks Bias towards the yankees and red sox.

I have Direct TV, I just blocked the channels so I don't have to see them. If the Sox are on ESPN, I turn the sound off, never hear a word of their brainless babble. When they show the yankees, red sox, Bonds or the rocket during a White Sox game, I just change the channel. I change it alot unfortunately.

skobabe8
07-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Brantley is like Uncle Rico. He still wishes it was 92. When he could throw a baseball over those mountains.

LOL...perfect.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2006, 02:54 PM
This isn't really related, but I just heard SportsCenter say they are going to debate which team should have more All-Star starters; the Yankees or the Red Sox. :?:

Agreed. I realize that New York and Boston are huge baseball markets, but ESPN needs to realize that the rest of the country is sick and tired of hearing about these two teams. I spend a fair amount of time at Phillies, Blue Jays, and A's boards, and they're just as fed up with this crap as we are over here.

Can you imagine what it would be like if Ryan Howard were playing for the Red Sox (in a way, he actually does)? Or Miguel Cabrera? Or Roy Halladay?

buehrle4cy05
07-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Can you imagine what it would be like if Ryan Howard were playing for the Red Sox (in a way, he actually does)? Or Miguel Cabrera? Or Roy Halladay?

Think if Joe Mauer played for the Red Sox. Actually, I'm already on the verge of throwing up thinking about it.