PDA

View Full Version : Josh Fogg - 1 HR and 52 MIN for the Rockies

Brian26
07-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Fogg just pitched the quickest game in Rockies history...1 hr and 52 min, a 2-hitter.

goofymsfan
07-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Fogg just pitched the quickest game in Rockies history...1 hr and 52 min, a 2-hitter.

That was Friday night, not Saturday night. I was at the game. Both pitchers (Jamie Moyer and Josh Fogg) pitched complete games. Fogg was better and faced the minimum in the 2 hit shut out. After each of the hits, he induced a double play. It was amazing how fast that game was. It is also the shortest game in Safeco Field history.

gbergman
07-02-2006, 03:52 AM
That was Friday night, not Saturday night. I was at the game. Both pitchers (Jamie Moyer and Josh Fogg) pitched complete games. Fogg was better and faced the minimum in the 2 hit shut out. After each of the hits, he induced a double play. It was amazing how fast that game was. It is also the shortest game in Safeco Field history.
damn thats just like buerhles game against the indians 2 years ago i believe it was. faced the minimum but enduced a DP or 2

Iwritecode
07-03-2006, 02:27 PM
What is it with the Mariners and quick games? Buehrle managed a 1 hour 39 minute game last year against them on April 16.

It was (and probably still is) the fastest game in Mariners history.

goofymsfan
07-04-2006, 06:58 AM
What is it with the Mariners and quick games? Buehrle managed a 1 hour 39 minute game last year against them on April 16.

It was (and probably still is) the fastest game in Mariners history.

I'm pretty sure that is the shortest in M's history. I just looked it up in the M's media guide not that long ago and I remember reading the 1 hour and 39 min game.

As for what with the M's and short games...they have some pitchers that just tend to get the ball and throw it and when they face another pitcher with the same tendencies, the games go really quick.