PDA

View Full Version : Flordia Marlins

gbergman
07-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't believe my eyes. The Marlins are second in the NL east 7 games under .500. I know its the worst division in baseball in the weaker league but I thought these guys wouldnt be reaching 35 wins till the end of this month at the earliest. Goes to show you that the Marlins have a lot of good young talent, and in a weak National League could be back near the top of the NL within the next couple of seasons.

MrRoboto83
07-01-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't believe my eyes. The Marlins are second in the NL east 7 games under .500. I know its the worst division in baseball in the weaker league but I thought these guys wouldnt be reaching 35 wins till the end of this month at the earliest. Goes to show you that the Marlins have a lot of good young talent, and in a weak National League could be back near the top of the NL within the next couple of seasons.

Why not this season? The way they are playing lately and the weakness of the NL they could make a run at the Wild Card.

buehrle4cy05
07-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Why not this season? The way they are playing lately and the weakness of the NL they could make a run at the Wild Card.

Honestly, can the Reds really keep up their pace behind a suspect pitching staff? The Astros won't win as long as they are trotting that same, 0-runs-for-Clemens offense out there every day, and I can't fathom a team from the West winning the WC. If the Marlins can win 85 games, they will take the NL Wild Card. Funny thing is, I think they could compete against the Cardinals in the first round. Then, if the Mets have a bad week of offense, the Marlins could take advantage of that and go to the World Series.

It's a longshot, but the possibility is there.

Beautox
07-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Something about the wild card and world series as far as the marlins go, they've got a lot of the peices. Some people are worried about their extreamly young and talented pitching staff running into a wall come the dog days, but fear not they're two steps ahead. Brian Moheler is going on the DL and Pinto and Sanchez are taking his spot and adding one. So the work load coming up will not be bad at all. A 6 man rotation and if, a big IF they get the WC they'll turn into a 4 man and send the extra two to the BP. The only thing the marlins are missing at this point a real CF, and Loria has said if the marlins are in contention by the end of July he might give the green light to get what they need.

Go Fish!:bandance:

Deebs14
07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
****, I remember going into the season where some people thought that they might've been so bad that they'd set a ML record in losses.

Dan Uggla is a badass.

MrRoboto83
07-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Something about the wild card and world series as far as the marlins go, they've got a lot of the peices. Some people are worried about their extreamly young and talented pitching staff running into a wall come the dog days, but fear not they're two steps ahead. Brian Moheler is going on the DL and Pinto and Sanchez are taking his spot and adding one. So the work load coming up will not be bad at all. A 6 man rotation and if, a big IF they get the WC they'll turn into a 4 man and send the extra two to the BP. The only thing the marlins are missing at this point a real CF, and Loria has said if the marlins are in contention by the end of July he might give the green light to get what they need.

Go Fish!:bandance:

They should have plenty of money to spend from revenue sharing alone.

Fenway
07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
they had decent crowds this weekend but sadly for them it was mostly Red Sox fans. ( 90,000 for the 3 games )

They have some great young talent on that team and in 2-3 years they will be back. Unknown is where they will play.

Stroker Ace
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Looking at the standings a few days ago, I was surprised by the Marlins. I thought that going into the season that they would have by far the worst record in the Majors.

CapeFish
07-03-2006, 11:27 PM
After today's loss, Fish fans are worried that the kids may just be worn out. Too many games in too few days. We have 4 games in Washington and 4 games in New York...and only 7 days to play them all.

gosox41
07-04-2006, 09:28 AM

They have a strange way of running an origanization (for various reasons) but it's worked out well for them over the years.

Bob

SBSoxFan
07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Willis just hit a slam off Lima-time. hehehe

WSox8404
07-08-2006, 11:36 AM

The whole NL is a crapfest. That West division is almost as bad. The only 'decent' division is the Central and if STL is the best team coming out of that one, boy does the NL stink.

DSpivack
07-08-2006, 04:11 PM
The whole NL is a crapfest. That West division is almost as bad. The only 'decent' division is the Central and if STL is the best team coming out of that one, boy does the NL stink.

The best team in the NL, the Mets, has Pedro and Glavine. After that, starters ERA is well over 5.00. Their 3rd starter? Steve Trachsel. :o:

WSox8404
07-08-2006, 07:25 PM
The best team in the NL, the Mets, has Pedro and Glavine. After that, starters ERA is well over 5.00. Their 3rd starter? Steve Trachsel. :o:

Needless to say, the World Champs are going to come out of the AL this year again. I doubt the NL even wins one game.