PDA

View Full Version : Errorless streak ends

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Finally, the Boston Red Sox new MLB record of consecutive games without an error ends at 17.

They never struck me as having that great of a defense, but they are the new standard-bearers so there you go...

ZachAL
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I think the record before them was 16 games by the Cardinals right? I don't know about you guys but I always thought this would be a record which would be many more games. Not saying error-less baseball is easy to do, but I thought there would be one stretch for a team more than 16 games. I guess this puts things into perspective for me though.

Frater Perdurabo
07-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Boston strikes me as being a team full of Royce Claytons on defense - fielders who don't have great range and therefore don't put themselves in position to make mistakes. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the Sox have a better defense (even if they haven't turned the double-play as much as they should).

gbergman
07-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Boston strikes me as being a team full of Royce Claytons on defense - fielders who don't have great range and therefore don't put themselves in position to make mistakes. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the Sox have a better defense (even if they haven't turned the double-play as much as they should).

exactly they dont have the range to make the great plays so they give up more hits

Fenway
07-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I think the record before them was 16 games by the Cardinals right? I don't know about you guys but I always thought this would be a record which would be many more games. Not saying error-less baseball is easy to do, but I thought there would be one stretch for a team more than 16 games. I guess this puts things into perspective for me though.

The records only go back to 1960 according to the Elias Sport Bureau ( they don't accept retrosheet.org yet )

Red Sox reinvented their infield for 2006, it is better than you think.

itsnotrequired
07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
For what its worth, Grudzielanek still doesn't have an error. 352 chances.