PDA

View Full Version : Everyone ready for the 32nd man voting?

Jjav829
07-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I thought one of the best moments of last season (aside from the World Series stuff, obviously) was the way Sox fans all pulled together to vote Pods into the All-Star game. Regardless of what you think about the game itself, it's always nice to show the players support the way we did with Pods last year. Well, tomorrow the All-Star game rosters are announced and the word is that several Sox players who are worthy of being All-Stars will lose out in the numbers game as those roster spots are used to make sure each team is represented. It looks like we will once again have a chance to vote a player into the AS game on the 32nd man voting. This time my feeling is that it will be A.J. Pierzynski who gets left off as Varitek wins the fans voting and Mauer wins the player voting. We might even have two players in the running.

Everyone else ready to spend 3 days racking up thousands of votes to help one of our players get in the AS game?

russ99
07-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Heck, yeah. But Thome better not need that vote to get in...

KRS1
07-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Heck, yeah. But Thome better not need that vote to get in...

Im confident Ozzie will bring him no matter what.

IlliniSox4Life
07-01-2006, 05:08 PM
I actually hope only one Sox player will be on the 32nd man vote. IT would hurt their chances to have two on.

slobes
07-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Is Ozzie the one that decides who's on the ballot for the 32nd man?

KRS1
07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I thought it was the next highest vote totals not to make the game.

russ99
07-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I hope it's Dye. He's deserving and we can get him in over some Yankmee or Red Cub again!

anewman35
07-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Is Ozzie the one that decides who's on the ballot for the 32nd man?

According to Wikipedia (so who knows if it's actually true, but I think it is):

Final vote: After the lists of 31 players for each league is announced, fans will vote for one additional player, chosen from a list of 5 players provided by the manager and the Commissioner's Office.

IlliniSox4Life
07-01-2006, 10:58 PM
According to Wikipedia (so who knows if it's actually true, but I think it is):

From what I remember this is pretty much true. Ozzie will work with the commisioners office to make the selections for who goes on the ballot.

jabrch
07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
I actually hope only one Sox player will be on the 32nd man vote. IT would hurt their chances to have two on.

I think that was part of how the Sox were able to outvote the Yanks last year. Didn't they have mutliple candidates?

jabrch
07-01-2006, 11:50 PM
I hope it's Dye. He's deserving and we can get him in over some Yankmee or Red Cub again!

I'm almost sure Dye will already be in. Probably the players will vote him in with .309/.394/.609. I can't see any way he slips past the players and then Ozzie to the 32nd man vote.

oeo
07-02-2006, 12:18 AM
From what I remember this is pretty much true. Ozzie will work with the commisioners office to make the selections for who goes on the ballot.

Ozzie will put 5 Sox on it, to guarantee another Sox on the team. :cool: