PDA

View Full Version : *Official* AJ!!!!!! postgame thread

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
YES!! HOLY CRAP AJ!!!! :bandance::bandance::bandance::gulp:

Jjav829
07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I think the title says enough. ****ing awesome!!! :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

I love this team. :bandance:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-01-2006, 03:31 PM
That was awesome, the moment they announced that Aramis Ramirez was the player of the game before the game was actually over, I knew the Sox were going to come back like that.

Brian26
07-01-2006, 03:32 PM
One of the most satisfying victories in a long, long time. Wow. Sweet revenge for AJ.

Bill Naharodny
One of the most satisfying victories in a long, long time. Wow. Sweet revenge for AJ.

Hilarious and priceless.

gbergman
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
OH YEA

CanBuehrleWait
:AJ:"I Rule You"

mrs. hendu
OK to win is one great thing, to win on AJ's hr is just awesome!!!!!!!!:bandance:

HomeFish
How about Gload?

AJ has hit homeruns before. Dye routinely gets base hits. But Gload is the one who went and performed far above his head today in the top of the 9th.

chisoxfan83
07-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I love you know that this team is never out of it!! SWEEP EM!!! Here's to AJ :gulp:

LongLiveFisk
WOOHOOO!!!!!! :bandance:

Marry me, AJ...you can have two wives named Lisa. :tongue: :redneck

SWEEEEEP 'EM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :supernana:

RKMeibalane
How about Gload?

AJ has hit homeruns before. Dye routinely gets base hits. But Gload is the one who went and performed far above his head today in the top of the 9th.

:rolleyes:

Corlose 15
The Sox wasted a lot of opportunities today. Glad to see AJ didn't waste the one that mattered most.

AJ rocks!:bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

California Sox
07-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Can't imagine a better way to win a game. If Cub fans thought they hated AJ before...

Frater Perdurabo
The most hated player in baseball? No wonder!

:supernana:

Also, this is the first time I've ever listened to the Cubs' radio announcers (on XM; I didn't have XM last May when the Sox played at the Urinal). Santo is perhaps the worst color analyst in baseball and he's perhaps the single worst kind of "homer."

joebro25
AJ!!!!!! I knew Dempster couldn't hold that one run lead against us. How does this guy not make Ozzie's All-Star team now?

cubsuck
I had to listen to it on the radio...online. It was blacked out in Tampa because we HAD to watch the METS / YANKEES game. Uggh. Why am I not able to watch? Who knows...b.s. blackout.

AMAZING GAME...I wish you could hear the radio call...I hit the ceiling!!!

-Cubsuck

P.S. Bring A BROOM tomorow...

slobes
The title of this thread fits perfectly. And I can not possibly say:winner enough.

Yeah AJ!!

mjmcend
Awesome game. Wished I could have seen it. I love this team.

AJ rules! ANd thank you cub fans for delaying the game so bobby could get nice and loose.

infohawk
I'm utterly speechless. That was so unbelievable. I still don't know if I believe it. It couldn't have possibly happened that way, could it have? Not only getting the win, but it being A.J. who hits the tremendous bomb at Wrigley after the Cubs retired the first two in the ninth. No way that just happened!

BainesHOF
I'm glad it was A.J. who hit the game-winner. Where did the ball land? I think it might have hit one of the building across the street on the fly. I think that's as far as he can hit the ball.

Cubs fans showed their true colors by showering the field with garbage afterward. Let's see what the media writes about that.

rightsox
:AJ:

"I had the ball, bitch."

3rdgensoxfan
07-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't think there is any sweeter revenge for AJ. The FOX announcers don't seem to realize that the White Sox are never out of a game. They were acting as if it was a foregone conclusion after the White Sox failed to score in the bottom of the eighth.

Go Sox! :cool:

cwsfannick
It is just so much fun watching this team. I love beating the Cubs. Great job AJ. :supernana:

Uncle_Patrick
Cubs fans showed their true colors by showering the field with garbage afterward. Let's see what the media writes about that.

They'll probably blame the White Sox for provoking the Cubs fans.

Jerry Seinfeld
This is the greatest victory against the Cubs, ever. Im still shocked

:yup::yup::yup:

:threadrules:

Frankfan4life
This is just soo sweet! Having AJ hit the go ahead and winning homerun after 2 outs in the 9th was just fantastic. The cubsfans were crushed!!!

Warning: Watch out for close pitches tomorrow AJ!

infohawk
I'm glad it was A.J. who hit the game-winner. Where did the ball land?
It landed in the Allegheny River.

California Sox
07-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Sox Fans Cheat So Closer Can Get Ready

BeefyD
07-01-2006, 03:36 PM
What an AWESOME way to win.... And that guy's sign was Priceless: "I'm A Cubs Fan But Seriously This Season Is Ridiculous!"

HotelWhiteSox
07-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Odds that Zambrano hits AJ tomorrow? Might be easy money. I'd like to see us hit Jones, I am sick of the piece of crap, he always showboats and runs his mouth

BainesHOF
I sure could use a DVD of this game...

sox aka champs
I think the title says enough. ****ing awesome!!! :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

I love this team. :bandance:

Same here man and I love your sig, Mike Gansey is AWESOME!

Grzegorz
07-01-2006, 03:38 PM
A statement and two points please:

1) Wow!!! This ending could not have been scripted better... AJ with the dagger... Yes!
2) This is a team!!! Way to go Gload! He's on my bench anyday...
3) I am filthy greedy; finish these bums off I want the sweep!

VenturaIsAGod
Absolutely perfect!! Arguably my favorite moment of the season so far.

rookie
This team is unbelievable!

AJ is like "that's how you throw a punch!"

I love AJ! Thanks for redeeming the team today and leaving us with:D: !

Chisox003
Warning: Watch out for close pitches tomorrow AJ!
With that animal on the mound, I kind of hope AJ sits. Not gonna happen, I know, but it could get ugly tomorrow.

Good win.

Brian26
You have to think positively...

Don't worry. This game isn't close to being over.

Anyway, we've still got one shot in the 9th. This game is far from over. A bloop and a blast, and we've got the lead. The wind is blowing out. Pods almost hit one out off Erye. I like our chances.

After Gload's hit...

Still alive. Oh man, this would be a hell of a comeback....

AJ up with two men on...Oh this would be sweet revenge...

cheeses_h_rice
An AJ absolute BOMB followed by a TV timeout due to the Klassy Kub Fans littering the outfield with so much garbage that they had to send an entire crew of guys out to clean it up, on national TV...perfect ending to a not-so-perfect game for our pitching.

Goddamn, I love this ****ing team.

:gulp:

Jjav829
07-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Same here man and I love your sig, Mike Gansey is AWESOME!

Thanks. He is. Unfortunately, he is almost now a member of the Miami Heat, so I'll be going back to my Thome sig soon. :(:

Revolution29
Am I the only one who was immediately reminded of this?

:walkoff:

He's even got the same look and batflip.

Also,

:supernana: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp:

joebro25
Odds that Zambrano hits AJ tomorrow? Might be easy money. I'd like to see us hit Jones, I am sick of the piece of crap, he always showboats and runs his mouth

Yeah, who does he think he is, its not like hes Manny or Griffey Jr. who always hit homers. Act like you've done it before, put your head down and run around the bases.

russ99
07-01-2006, 03:40 PM

Zambrano has to bat tomorrow. He'll get his comeuppances tomorrow. I just don't want Mark tossed. I want the sweep.

markopat
07-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh MAN...MANY THANKS to my homies in the Chat...No game on TV in AZ today!! No MLB-TV...had to rely on my PEEPS who ALL BELIEVED!!!!!!

:AJ: :tsk: :yup: :Rocker:

GO GO SOX...Let's get the SWEEP in the Urinal!

russ99
07-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Maybe Barrett should punch some more of our guys!

nug0hs
07-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Someone post a picture of AJ leaving the batters box!

JUribe1989
Icing on the cake that Jones had to watch it sail out and the classy Cubs fans threw trash on the field. Easily the worst loss of the year for the Cubs.

Brian26
We are now 14-3 against the NL Central.

itsnotrequired
I like this team.

HotelWhiteSox
Zambrano has to bat tomorrow. He'll get his comeuppances tomorrow. I just don't want Mark tossed. I want the sweep.

Is Sean Tracey doing anything? :redneck

markopat
An AJ absolute BOMB followed by a TV timeout due to the Klassy Kub Fans littering the outfield with so much garbage that they had to send an entire crew of guys out to clean it up, on national TV...perfect ending to a not-so-perfect game for our pitching.

You have to wonder if the Cubune will blame the littering on the SOX faithful??

Brian26
07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
We are now 14-3 against the NL Central.

Jill Carlson just said the Sox are 14-2. She needs to do her homework. :D:

TDog
07-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Trashing the field yes, but Cubs players showed restraint. Barrett didn't slug AJ after he rounded third and was obviously flagrantly advancing toward the plate in his direction. Classy move by Barrett to let that slide.

rdwj
07-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I wish he would have punched Barrett instead embarassing the WHOLE team like that

3rdgensoxfan
This is the greatest victory against the Cubs, ever. Im still shocked

:yup::yup::yup:

:threadrules:

I remember a good one with a Carlos Lee walk-off in extra innings. That was a good one too.

HomeFish
BTW --

7.0 game lead on the Yankees for the AL Wildcard.

RetireWoodys28
Great ending to an otherwise mediocre game for the Sox, but we'll take it.

And how disgusting was the garbage-throwing after AJ's HR? Cubs fans everywhere should be ashamed of the way those morons acted, on national TV no less. I guess at least no one threw a ball at Jacque Jones' head! Does this mean I finally don't have to listen to stories about William Ligue and Disco Demolition? Pathetic team, and the fans are even more pathetic. I'm even prouder of being a Sox fan today, now that those creeps demonstrated (yet again) how idiotic they are.

SOX WIN! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Brian26
07-01-2006, 03:45 PM
The Sox are 19-5 in their last 24 games.

russ99
You have to wonder if the Cubune will blame the littering on the SOX faithful??

Doubt it.

The Sox fans were all too busy jumping up and down and chuckling with glee to throw anything. :tongue:

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

soxrme
Gosh what a great win:supernana: LETS SWEEP:supernana:
I live in Arlington Hts and there is a guy across the complex waving a flag of his balcony and saying WHITE SOX RULE, I have got to go congradulate him.
Dusty in on next on tv should be must see tv. By the way, will the cubune run pictures of the litered outfield tomorrow:supernana:

WSox8404
What a game today! Boo THAT Cub fans. Bunch of trash throwing losers. What a pitiful excuse of a MLB team and what a pitiful excuse for 'good' fans. How about them great Cub fans Ronnie? Loser.

Dan H
07-01-2006, 03:47 PM
This is no doubt the biggest win for either team in this series. And of course Cub fans are the best in sports. Lots of class throwing garbage on the field.

AJ has two great HRS - The one against the Dodgers and now this unforgettable one. Sweep 'em tomorrow.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
07-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Man, things are definitely changing in this city.

Watch the replay of AJ's homer, and just look at how many fans in the bleachers and on the rooftops on Sheffield are jumping up and down. A few years ago, you wouldn't have seen that many.

:thumbsup:

VenturaIsAGod
07-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Weird time to post this, but I know there's a lot of people reading right now, so maybe I can get a good answer...During yesterday's game, I watched a little bit of both WGN and Comcast since I like High Def enough to listen to Bob Brenly for a few minutes at a time. Anyway, during one of Konerko's at-bats, you could clearly hear the "Paulie" chants on Comcast, while they were completely inaudible on WGN. Did anyone else notice this, and is this common practice for other TV stations?

russ99
Mc Pherrin is making me sick with his cub-centric commentary.

To Fox, this game was was the great and wonderful Cubs vs. some other team. I cut the sound and went to radio in the third.

Ha!! Dusty's comments are hilarious. Cry, little baby. :whiner:

sox aka champs
I love how Ramirez got up when he needed a single for the cycle and he hits a little swinging bunt to end the game!

Brian26
AJ has two great HRS - The one against the Dodgers and now this unforgettable one. Sweep 'em tomorrow.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

That's the great thing about baseball. There are moments you'll remember forever. Just like most of us remember that Caruso homer in '99 (which happened really in a meaningless season). This AJ homer will live on forever. What an ending.

WSox8404
I remember a good one with a Carlos Lee walk-off in extra innings. That was a good one too.

Walk off grand slam. Not just a homerun. I was there and that was great let me tell ya.

Brian26
07-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Man, things are definitely changing in this city.

Watch the replay of AJ's homer, and just look at how many fans in the bleachers and on the rooftops on Sheffield are jumping up and down. A few years ago, you wouldn't have seen that many.

:thumbsup:

Kudos to the guy right behind home plate in the white shorts and black shirt that jumped out of his season as soon as AJ hit it!

Red Barchetta
07-01-2006, 03:51 PM
BTW --

7.0 game lead on the Yankees for the AL Wildcard.

Nice, but we're going to win the best division in baseball (again).

AJ proved his class both before yesterday's game by extending the olive branch and then hitting the game winner today.

...I wonder how many times he will be hit tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Brian26
AJ on Fox now....

MarySwiss
Right after AJ hit it, my phone rang. It was my best friend since childhood, calling me from Aurora on her car phone. We stayed on the line until the game was over. Thing is, we did that for every playoff game last year, too.

Am I the only one who thinks it felt like we just won a playoff game? You couldn't WRITE a better ending than this!

I plan to watch WGN news, but I'll bet they don't show any of the "Cubs fans behaving badly" stuff. And I wonder what the local rags will say tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Oh well; they'll probably just concentrate on their World Cup coverage.

3rdgensoxfan
07-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Walk off grand slam. Not just a homerun. I was there and that was great let me tell ya.

Yes... Thanks for reminding me...

russ99
Sweet!

A.J. in his interview on Fox called out those trash-throwing idiots.

No sweeping this one under the rug.

I love that guy. :D:

WSox8404
Kudos to the guy right behind home plate in the white shorts and black shirt that jumped out of his season as soon as AJ hit it!

Yeah he was going pretty nuts a lot during the game. I wish I was sitting in that seat for that game. Jeez there were a lot of Sox fans there.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it felt like we just won a playoff game? You couldn't WRITE a better ending than this!

Yes you could've, I wanted it to be a grand slam! :D:

MarySwiss
Gosh what a great win:supernana: LETS SWEEP:supernana:
I live in Arlington Hts and there is a guy across the complex waving a flag of his balcony and saying WHITE SOX RULE, I have got to go congradulate him.
Dusty in on next on tv should be must see tv. By the way, will the cubune run pictures of the litered outfield tomorrow:supernana:

When donkeys fly. :cool:

spongyfungy
Santo

after Thome's homer:

he threw him a fastball up.......WHY??? (long pause) GOSH!

AJ up in the ninth.

Hughes : Drilled deep into right. Long gone. can you believe it.

Santo was silent.

DaleJRFan
07-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Weird time to post this, but I know there's a lot of people reading right now, so maybe I can get a good answer...During yesterday's game, I watched a little bit of both WGN and Comcast since I like High Def enough to listen to Bob Brenly for a few minutes at a time. Anyway, during one of Konerko's at-bats, you could clearly hear the "Paulie" chants on Comcast, while they were completely inaudible on WGN. Did anyone else notice this, and is this common practice for other TV stations?

I watched the game on WGN yesterday because their HD picture was considerably better than CSN.

It wouldn't surprise me if WGN mutes out certain crowd noise/chants. If the Sox are on WGN and the Cubs lost tat day, they selectively show "yesterday's Cubs score" in the news scroll instead.

What a ****ing joke.

rumbleseat16
AJ that is the best way to get em back....Cuck the Fubs!!!
Bring out brooms tomorrow!!!!:gulp:

Brian26
Am I the only one who thinks it felt like we just won a playoff game?

I wouldn't give the north side club that much credit. I'm just happy for AJ that he stuck it back up their asses.

Rob190
I knew we had it, when I saw Dempster on the mound.

Vernam
07-01-2006, 03:55 PM
That game is going straight to DVD in my household. The wife walked out of the house before the ninth, and I will never let her hear the end of it. :D:

Watching poor Dusty's post-game interview would only appeal to the worst sadists among us. That would be me! He's gotta be thinking of making Howry their closer, for whatever the hell that is worth. My only regret is that it wasn't Howry who got the loss. Dusty says Thome's HR was cheap, but Konerko's was cheaper. Haw!

AJ's bat flip was worthy of Jacques Jones!

Vernam

cheeses_h_rice
07-01-2006, 03:55 PM
They just showed a Cub fan with a paper bag on his head with "FIRE MCPHAIL" written on it, during the postgame show.

*****!!!

Wsoxmike59
07-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one who was immediately reminded of this?

He's even got the same look and batflip.

Also,

:supernana: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp:

I said the same exact thing as A.J. strode to the plate. C'mon A.J. pretend it's the Dodgers from last years Turn Back the Clock game. BAM he does it again. :D:

You hit A.J. in the jaw, he hits you in the gut! Way to beat the Cubs and show the nation what a bunch of losers their fan base is....littering the OF. Really classy there Cub fans.

Frankfan4life
07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
You have to think positively...

After Gload's hit...Brian, I like your style! You deserve the optimist of the year award!

http://www.indyscribe.com/photos/leg_lamp/christmas_story_leg_lamp.jpg

joebro25
07-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Dempster is on FOX right now, he doesn't seem really happy.

Wsoxmike59
07-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Santo

after Thome's homer:

AJ up in the ninth.

Santo was silent.

http://hawthorn.furry.com.br/Images/2004/_tn/Haw_007-Laughing.gif
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D:

CRAW
Aaaaa-JAY! What a great game all around!!! I'm so glad we pulled it out!!!

russ99
Talk about sadism.

Dumpster's interview is ridiculous. Looked like he was gonna go kick his dog or something.

Brian26
Dempster is on FOX right now, he doesn't seem really happy.

He's embarrassed. :whiner:

Blueprint1
07-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Doubt it.

The Sox fans were all too busy jumping up and down and chuckling with glee to throw anything. :tongue:

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

That was great you could see all the sox fans jumping up and down when the ball landed out there.

EdHerman12
07-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Everybody take a deep breath! What a fantastic day. England and Brazil both go bye-bye from the WC and then...AJ! Way to shove it up the Cubbies rear ends. I only wish he would've taken a bow at home plate afterewards!

:gulp: <-----TO THE BOYS! WELL DONE!

GO SOX!

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Believe it or not, the recap on ESPN actually refers to "agitated" Cubs fans delaying the game by littering the field.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Chips
07-01-2006, 04:04 PM
:worship: :AJ:

QCIASOXFAN
07-01-2006, 04:06 PM
That was absolutely incredible! The look on Dempsters face after that was a look of a man who knew he just lost his job.

Mickster
07-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Brian, I like your style! You deserve the optimist of the year award!

http://www.indyscribe.com/photos/leg_lamp/christmas_story_leg_lamp.jpg
FRAGILE

FRA-GIL-E

I think it's Italian. :cool:

Tragg
07-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I need to move to Chicago. I still haven't seen the home run.

that's just unbelievable.

Now let;s sweep these bums...haven't done that in a couple of years and they need a good sweeping.

WSox597
07-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Great picture there after A.J.'s homer, a guy in a white shirt laying face down on top on a dugout. Looked like he died right there from the shock of the three run bomb.

Another fan had a great sign, "Next time you get mowed down at home plate, grin and Barrett!"

Timmy D's
07-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I seriously cant calm down!!! This may be a 20 beer minimum to slow my heart rate down!:gulp: :bandance:

What a fantastic day!!!!!!!

soxruleEP
07-01-2006, 04:11 PM
At the risk of merely repeating everything already posted:

This is definitely one of the sweetest SOX/sCrUBS wins of all time, rivaled only by the CLee walk-off grand slammer.

No wonder AJ os the most hated player in the majors.

sCrUB fans are bums--at least the frat boy versions. I do have come sympathy for the real baseball fans among them--like two of best friends--because the team is absolutely terrible. ONE WIN AT HOME IN JUNE? When the Sox have been at their worst, they have never been that futile.

This is a great time to be a Sox fan. Our patience and loyalty are being rewarded!

Frater Perdurabo
07-01-2006, 04:18 PM
:tomatoaward

As of today, this is the greatest post-game thread of 2006.

slobes
07-01-2006, 04:20 PM
:tomatoaward

As of today, this is the greatest post-game thread of 2006.

And it hasn't even been an hour yet.

Grzegorz
07-01-2006, 04:24 PM
AJ up in the ninth.

Santo was silent.

Shucks, I would have loved to have him resurrect the "Ooh Noo" he cooked up for the Brandt Brown incident in Milwaukee from a few years ago...

There's always tomorrow...

swanson24
07-01-2006, 04:24 PM
WOW!!!! This is reason number 1,000,000 why A.J. is my favorite player on the team. Unbelievable! Crede, Dye, Thome, Konerko and of course BAAAAAAAD Bobby Jenks also played great today! What a game! What a team! YEEEEEEEEES!

Dan H
07-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Talk about sadism.

Dumpster's interview is ridiculous. Looked like he was gonna go kick his dog or something.

At least he came out and faced the music after another tough loss. I feel bad for him, but I don't have any sympathy for Cub fans. This is not the first time they have littered the field when a reliever gave up the lead. For years we have to hear how great they are, and they pull this nonsense time after time. That is one reason why this win was even sweeter. Cub fans think they have the number one team in the city. They still haven't faced up to the fact that the Sox are World Champions until someone knocks them off.

This game is a message to all other teams - Give the Sox one opening, and they will beat you. Bring your "B" game and you're done.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 04:25 PM
:bandance: :bandance:

:hawk
YYYYYYESSSSS!!!"

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:26 PM
So, does AJ play tomorrow? Seriously.

There've been some posts joking about AJ getting hit tomorrow, but I really have concerns. AJ is a world-class pest, and that's one of the things we love about him. But Zambozo is over-the-top. Has he ever NOT taken something personally? And, much as I would love to see AJ back in the lineup tomorrow, is it worth the risk?

Okay, I know some posters are going to say that you cannot back down and just let the other teams' pitchers plunk you, and I agree with that. Normally. But that's against "normal" pitchers. And how many pitchers are wound as tightly as Zambozo?

OTOH, if AJ doesn't play, this assclown is perfectly capable of hitting someone else, just for the hell of it. After all, who has the most to lose if players are suspended or injured--Cubs or Sox?

What do you all think?

robiwho
07-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Just got back from J. Patrick's, where Sox fans were definitely loud and proud. DumpJerry, ChiSoxGirl, SoxintheCityTee, Jenn2080, Chips, a couple civilians and I were going nuts over AJ's homer. I was so glad I wore my AJ jersey today.

Could we love this team any more?

Timmy D's
07-01-2006, 04:34 PM
They wont hit anybody!! We are playin' NL rules right now, and they(pitchers) have to bat, so they'll be chicken chit to have to bat. Gonna be fun to watch Zambrano get shelled though.:bandance:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Just got back from J. Patrick's, where Sox fans were definitely loud and proud. DumpJerry, ChiSoxGirl, SoxintheCityTee, Jenn2080, Chips, a couple civilians and I were going nuts over AJ's homer. I was so glad I wore my AJ jersey today.

Could we love this team any more?

Whoops, sorry to say, I haven't been following the Chips odyssey much today. Glad to see the boy made it home finally.

halfpricemonday
07-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Believe it or not, the recap on ESPN actually refers to "agitated" Cubs fans delaying the game by littering the field.

Oh those AP copy editors...I believe the first version of the story was:

"The game was delayed for about five minutes after Pierzynski's homer when Cubs fans, drunk out of their ****ing minds and furious that they would be asked to sit through another half-inning without beer vendors, pelted the field with debris."

Anyways, enough cub talk. On a day the Sox are playing the cubs and I'm stuck in a lab working, I'd have to say the sweetest words in the English language are, "Top 9TH B:1 S:1 O:2 A.J. Pierzynski homers (5) on a fly ball to right field..."

But Zambozo is over-the-top. Has he ever NOT taken something personally? And, much as I would love to see AJ back in the lineup tomorrow, is it worth the risk?

Maybe we should bat AJ 8th, just to be safe. That way, after we knock out Zambrano in the 1st after 7 straight hits and a 7-0 lead, he won't get a chance to face AJ.

tebman
07-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Fantastic! What else can we say? :bandance:

I missed the 9th inning, though. My own fault -- after Anderson's bunt popout and PK's DP, I got frustrated and went to do some other chores. I come back later and my wife tells me that the Sox won on a 3-run homer by AJ. Auggghhh!

The Sox website doesn't have video yet. Anybody got a link to a video?

A-J! A-J! A-J! A-J! :bandance:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:43 PM
They wont hit anybody!! We are playin' NL rules right now, and they(pitchers) have to bat, so they'll be chicken chit to have to bat. Gonna be fun to watch Zambrano get shelled though.:bandance:

Well, that might be a valid argument, except for the fact that the way that things have played out recently, the first team that hits someone gets--basically--a free plunk, the umpires warn BOTH benches, and the next time someone gets hit, the hammer comes down.

Apparently, MLB has yet to figure out that all that does is make a team want to be the first to plunk. (Well, nobody ever said they were rocket scientists.)

Of couse, this is all at the discretion of the umps. They do not have to issue warnings in order to throw someone out. I hope they keep that in mind because I, for one, will be extremely surprised if Zambozo doesn't throw at someone tomorrow, probably early, hoping to take advantage of the new "If I hit him before he hits one of my guys, I get a free pass, especially if we're playing the White Sox" rule that seems to be in effect.

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 04:44 PM
It is ALMOST too bad that Jake Howard is on "vacation" right now, because he would HAVE to write his "column" about this game! :cool:

tigersfan25
07-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Congratulations... with this win, The White Sox have proven who the real team in Chicago is.

As far as I'm concerned, Chicago is a one-team city.

tstrike2000
07-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Payback can be a sweet, sweet thing!

IlliniSox4Life
07-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Congratulations... with this win, The White Sox have proven who the real team in Chicago is.

We proved that long before this win, but thanks for the congratulations. hopefully the rest of the nation will start to see it the way it is.

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:53 PM
We proved that long before this win, but thanks for the congratulations. hopefully the rest of the nation will start to see it the way it is.
Pard'me if I'm a cynic...but don't hold your breath!

MRM
07-01-2006, 04:54 PM
So, does AJ play tomorrow? Seriously.

There've been some posts joking about AJ getting hit tomorrow, but I really have concerns. AJ is a world-class pest, and that's one of the things we love about him. But Zambozo is over-the-top. Has he ever NOT taken something personally? And, much as I would love to see AJ back in the lineup tomorrow, is it worth the risk?

Okay, I know some posters are going to say that you cannot back down and just let the other teams' pitchers plunk you, and I agree with that. Normally. But that's against "normal" pitchers. And how many pitchers are wound as tightly as Zambozo?

OTOH, if AJ doesn't play, this assclown is perfectly capable of hitting someone else, just for the hell of it. After all, who has the most to lose if players are suspended or injured--Cubs or Sox?

What do you all think?

Absolutely AJ plays tomorrow. Don't forget A.J. pissed off Zambrano with the HR he hit the last time they faced each other then mimiced his little hand gesture as he crossed the plate, and Carlos made that motion that he was gonna hit someone. I'd bat A.J. leadoff and have him point his bat to where his HR went today just to get in the guys head from the get go.:)

Deebs14
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I hate not being able to get these stupid Fox games down here, but if it means the Sox winning them in this kind of fashion then I guess I could live with resorting to phone call updates from my sister. :cool:

Oh yeah, AJ's the ****!! :gulp:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM

Thanks...and sorry if I'm being rude, but GO PIRATES!:D:

Cat Thief
07-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Did anyone catch Lou's comment about the well behaved Cub fan's early in the game? *****

Today is a great day!

:gulp:

vegyrex
AJ!!!!!!!!!!

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

tigersfan25
Oh, I've known it a long time as well. I'm from Illinois, and a lot of my family are Cubs fans, and there are a few White Sox fans in there as well.

But this loss for the Cubs (and win for the Sox) just summed up Cubdom in one single breath. The pathetic nature of the franchise that is all hat and no cattle.

I've been tired of hearing about the Cubs for years. First, it started as a young kid in Joliet. Then it came with the elevation of ESPN. And hopefully, there will be a day in my life when I don't have to hear about them all the time anymore.

Thats my little rant. But no game summarized the battle between the two teams in Chicago better than today's did.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 04:57 PM
don't hold your breath!

Sadly,i'm with you on this one.As long as 3 million bleating sheep walk through
the Urinal gates,the White Sox will be #1A,not # 1.:angry:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Absolutely AJ plays tomorrow. Don't forget A.J. pissed off Zambrano with the HR he hit the last time they faced each other then mimiced his little hand gesture as he crossed the plate, and Carlos made that motion that he was gonna hit someone. I'd bat A.J. leadoff and have him point his bat to where his HR went today just to get in the guys head from the get go.:)
Won't happen, but as ideas go, it's not half-bad!

But what I'm worried about is this jerk throwing at someone's head. Wouldn't put it past him.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Did anyone catch Lou's comment about the well behaved Cub fan's early in the game?

No,I was too busy listening to him call Posednik Pierzynski and refer to
the Sox' catcher as "Barrett" at least once or twice.:puking:

IlliniSox4Life
07-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Pard'me if I'm a cynic...but don't hold your breath!

There's no point in getting into this debate, as it's happened a thousand times here and elsewhere, and I agree with you to a certain extent. But if the Sox create a dynasty, it will be hard to ignore them.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Sox Fans Cheat So Closer Can Get Ready

Shouldn't this be in the "You Write Tomorrow's CubUne Headline" thread??

Cat Thief
07-01-2006, 05:05 PM

I was in the pool most of the time with the wife. I missed that! We couldn't hear the TV very well. I guess we were better off.

Also, my firework supply is a little bit smaller now. I am so immature when it comes to 9th inning, 3 run game winning shots!

MRM
07-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Won't happen, but as ideas go, it's not half-bad!

But what I'm worried about is this jerk throwing at someone's head. Wouldn't put it past him.

No question Zambrano is prone to explode at any time, when he does is when he starts getting hit, tho. Get him riled up early and he'll be out of the game by the 5th inning.

I'm wondering, if the Sox complete the sweep tomorrow does the Cubs brass try to appease their obviously frustrated fans and fire Dusty on Monday? Seeing some of the signs Cubs fans were holding today, and the way they littered the field after yet another collapse I'd say it's 50/50 Baker is enjoying the 4th of July at home with his family.:D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I am so immature when it comes to 9th inning, 3 run game winning shots!

I jumped off my couch screaming "OH YEAH,OH ****ING YEAH!!" .
You're not alone.

davenicholson
07-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh well; they'll probably just concentrate on their World Cup coverage.
What's that?:?:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 05:11 PM
No question Zambrano is prone to explode at any time, when he does is when he starts getting hit, tho. Get him riled up early and he'll be out of the game by the 5th inning.

I'm wondering, if the Sox complete the sweep tomorrow does the Cubs brass try to appease their obviously frustrated fans and fire Dusty on Monday? Seeing some of the signs Cubs fans were holding today, and the way they littered the field after yet another collapse I'd say it's 50/50 Baker is enjoying the 4th of July at home with his family.:D:

Well, at this point, I start to wonder if Dusty wants to get fired. And if he does, who could blame him?

That said, I am not one of those who believe that the manager doesn't make a difference. A good manager--one who knows how to motivate--obviously does make a difference. We have one of those; IMO, the Cubs do not.

Foulke You
07-01-2006, 05:19 PM
This one might be the new "best crosstown series moment ever" game. At the very least, we'll be bringing up this one for years after a la the Carlos Lee slam.

2 outs bases empty, Cubs fans on their feet thinking they got it in the bag and then BLAMMO! I give props to Gload and Dye for keeping that inning going and giving Dempster and the Cubs a chance to pee their pants. Did anyone see where that A.J. homer landed? I couldn't tell if it went on Sheffield or if it hit one of the buildings behind the street.

I'm sure the media will give the Cub fans a free pass on the garbage littering. Kenny Albert and Lou Pinella already were dismissing it as "frustration". I have a different word for it "DRILLRODS". Try losing with some class. Plenty of other teams lose heartbreakers and don't litter the field. Lord knows the media wouldn't waste time smearing us if it were Sox fans that did that.

As far as a beanball war tomorrow...if it were anybody but Space Cadet Zambrano, I'd say we wouldn't see a brawl, but with Zambrano, you just never know what that nutcase is going to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nobody will get hurt. Let's break out the brooms tomorrow!:gulp:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 05:24 PM
This one might be the new "best crosstown series moment ever" game. At the very least, we'll be bringing up this one for years after a la the Carlos Lee slam.

2 outs bases empty, Cubs fans on their feet thinking they got it in the bag and then BLAMMO! I give props to Gload and Dye for keeping that inning going and giving Dempster and the Cubs a chance to pee their pants. Did anyone see where that A.J. homer landed? I couldn't tell if it went on Sheffield or if it hit one of the buildings behind the street.

I'm sure the media will give the Cub fans a free pass on the garbage littering. Kenny Albert and Lou Pinella already were dismissing it as "frustration". I have a different word for it "DRILLRODS". Try losing with some class. Plenty of other teams lose heartbreakers and don't litter the field. Lord knows the media wouldn't waste time smearing us if it were Sox fans that did that.

As far as a beanball war tomorrow...if it were anybody but Space Cadet Zambrano, I'd say we wouldn't see a brawl, but with Zambrano, you just never know what that nutcase is going to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nobody will get hurt. Let's break out the brooms tomorrow!:gulp:

My point exactly. I'm kinda hoping the umps issue a warning before the game starts; that guy is wayy too tightly wound.

21stcenturySox
07-01-2006, 05:25 PM
What a great day to be AJ!

I'm wondering how satifying it must have been to throw out Pierre and Cedeno and then hit a three run jack to win the game.

lukeman89
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
we owe them one for plunking juan today.
and then half for unintentionally hitting AJ in the first game, so we'll round it up to 2. I say get crylos zambrano in the earhole and then Jacque in the hands

i hate jacque's home run trot. he runs like a little kid with an old sony cd player trying to keep it from skipping

joebro25
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM

Don't forget Konerko pinch hitting for Eyre.

Timmy D's
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM

Yeah Paulie is kind of forgotten in this one. That was HUGE!!!!

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 05:29 PM
A.J.!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Jenks!:supernana:

Thome!:supernana:

Konerko!:supernana:

Crede!:supernana:

Gload!:supernana:

Vazquez :mad: :mad:

ndgt10
07-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Santo

after Thome's homer:

AJ up in the ninth.

Santo was silent.
Does anybody have a link to the audio of their calls?

Also, mlb.com doesn't have a video link to AJ's HR, just audio. If somebody could post a link of the video if they have it, that would be great.

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, that might be a valid argument, except for the fact that the way that things have played out recently, the first team that hits someone gets--basically--a free plunk, the umpires warn BOTH benches, and the next time someone gets hit, the hammer comes down.

Apparently, MLB has yet to figure out that all that does is make a team want to be the first to plunk. (Well, nobody ever said they were rocket scientists.)

Of couse, this is all at the discretion of the umps. They do not have to issue warnings in order to throw someone out. I hope they keep that in mind because I, for one, will be extremely surprised if Zambozo doesn't throw at someone tomorrow, probably early, hoping to take advantage of the new "If I hit him before he hits one of my guys, I get a free pass, especially if we're playing the White Sox" rule that seems to be in effect.

Exactly.

SBSoxFan
07-01-2006, 05:35 PM
My point exactly. I'm kinda hoping the umps issue a warning before the game starts; that guy is wayy too tightly wound.

I thought I read somewhere that mlb put one of their best crews on this series hoping they'd be able to maintain order if the Barrett return got out of hand. I hope they don't issue any warnings, but if a Sox gets hit, especially if it's AJ, then Zambrano gets tossed immediately.

Oh, and pretty good game. :D:

I'm so glad I taped it since I was working. This is beginning to be a ritual on Saturday afternoons!

Someone posted earlier that if you bring your 'B' game against the Sox, you lose. I agree with that, even if the Sox don't play their 'A' game. As a team, they didn't play very well, with the poor pitching and poor situational hitting. But it just seemed like, as individuals, they almost willed a win.

BV2005
07-01-2006, 05:37 PM
what a great game, I can't believe it was AJ that hit the homerun, of all people!

Hal Chase
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Just got home from the game.

Ridiculously fun. Back and forth game, and the cubs fans around me were really giving the sox fans hell in the ninth with two down. we started yelling "blown save dempster" to the tune of "let's go white sox" and sure enough...

great stuff

hc

walrus
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
if anyone deserves to get beaned tomorrow, it's jacque jones. dude was grandstanding big time after his homer.

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 05:50 PM
I thought I read somewhere that mlb put one of their best crews on this series hoping they'd be able to maintain order if the Barrett return got out of hand. I hope they don't issue any warnings, but if a Sox gets hit, especially if it's AJ, then Zambrano gets tossed immediately.

Oh, and pretty good game. :D:

I'm so glad I taped it since I was working. This is beginning to be a ritual on Saturday afternoons!

Someone posted earlier that if you bring your 'B' game against the Sox, you lose. I agree with that, even if the Sox don't play their 'A' game. As a team, they didn't play very well, with the poor pitching and poor situational hitting. But it just seemed like, as individuals, they almost willed a win.
Be glad you have the option! Following this game, I was so happy to have the WSI gamethread to talk me through it.
I will replay the MLB.tv archive tomorrow, though. At least the highlights. :smile:

SBSoxFan
07-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Be glad you have the option! Following this game, I was so happy to have the WSI gamethread to talk me through it.
I will replay the MLB.tv archive tomorrow, though. At least the highlights. :smile:
Oh, I do. Without cable it's the only games I get to watch. At any rate, I feel for you because with 'media on demand', it makes no sense to blackout people.

Just saw this (http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/_photos/2006-07-01-aj-large.jpg) at usatoday:

MRM
07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
if anyone deserves to get beaned tomorrow, it's jacque jones. dude was grandstanding big time after his homer.

You mean like Uribe did yesterday and A.J. today:D:

Uribe scares me every time he hits one with that little hop and watch he does. I've seen far too many big time home run hitters do that only to watch the ball hit off the top of the wall turning a sure double into a single. The little guys need to put their head down and run.

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Oh, I do. Without cable it's the only games I get to watch. At any rate, I feel for you because with 'media on demand', it makes no sense to blackout people.

Just saw this (http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/_photos/2006-07-01-aj-large.jpg) at usatoday:

Thanks! Sweet pic. I also saw some coverage on ESPN, but they were too busy talking about the "subway series"--you know, the "real" subway series, the one in New Yawk--to pay any attention to Cubs/Sox. :rolleyes:

Wonder how they'll feel about this whole thing when their Yanks and fake Sawx are home watching the real Sox play Toronto in the ALCS? For the privilege of facing of against--well, who cares?--in the World Series?

TheOldRoman
07-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I wish AJ would have done the little "sideways jog" bull**** that Jones did when he hit is homer. Oh well, I guess AJ did enough today.:D:

This was such a frustrating game. Whenever we scored, the Cubs came right back the next half inning. We blew a ton of opportunities (0-10 w/risp before AJ's homer), and our pitching was ruled by crappy hitters. We had no business winning with the way we played, but I am so glad we did. Great teams win games they shouldn't.

TaquitoElGoocho
07-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Enjoyed the post-game interview of AJ that was broadcast on Channel 5. When asked about the scrub fans throwing trash on the field, AJ said, "I hope I don't get fined for inciting them."

Luv AJ; Luv this team!

MRM
07-01-2006, 06:06 PM

NOOOOOOO. No pre-game warnings! You are talking about taking away the inside part of the plate from Buehrle from the get go. All because Zambrano is a loose cannon? That's literally taking away a strength from the Sox because you fear Carlos. May as well just forfeit the game.

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Enjoyed the post-game interview of AJ that was broadcast on Channel 5. When asked about the scrub fans throwing trash on the field, AJ said, "I hope I don't get fined for inciting them."

Luv AJ; Luv this team!

ROTFLMAO!:D:

southwstchi4life
07-01-2006, 06:14 PM

I couldnt believe at what he was doing. I didnt know if anybody else caught that. What a jerk.
Take a little lesson from Pierzinski on how to run correctly around the bases

southwstchi4life
07-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Represent Southside Polish.
Amazing homerun
Outside of game 2 of world series and winning it,
One of the best games
Go AJ

viagracat
07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Best win of the year. Not only since it was against the Cubs, but because it was so dramatic. Two out in your last at-bat! I was listening to WGN because I enjoy Santo's groans, gnashing of teeth and other utterances (and also because I can only take so much of Farmer); and even Pat Hughes (who I think is pretty good) was saying "boy, those Sox are ALWAYS coming at you. That's why they're a great team".

Hughes, also to his credit, took those throwing trash on the field to task. "Not a good idea", and "this just isn't right".

These hopefully are the kind of games that give the team enough mojo to mow down the tough opponents coming up (Boston, Yanks, Tigers). If they take care of business vs those teams coming up the next couple weeks, they will be in first place. And to stay.

Great win!

:smile:

MarySwiss
07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
NOOOOOOO. No pre-game warnings! You are talking about taking away the inside part of the plate from Buehrle from the get go. All because Zambrano is a loose cannon? That's literally taking away a strength from the Sox because you fear Carlos. May as well just forfeit the game.

"May as well forfeit...." Overexaggerate much? Buehrle sucks, and we cannot possibly beat the Cubs, if he doesn't get the inside part of the plate?

My point is, if they are going to wait until this guy plunks someone and then issue warnings against both benches--which seems to be the pattern lately--there seem to be only a few options:
1) Mark plunks someone first, which won't happen;
2) the umps agree to let each team have a free plunk, which hasn't happened yet; or
3) pre-game warnings.

Zambrano IS a loose cannon, and I would hate to see him get a "free plunk" against any of our guys.

CommanderPudge72
07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
This game fully exposed the bleacher Cub fans for the hypocrite trolls that they are:

1. The group of Cub fans that got Crede's homerun - caught on tv substituting the ball and throwing a generic one on the field. So much for the rejection of the "enemies" ball...a great tradition of the Die Hard Cub fans.

2. The littering of the field after their team gives up the win. (really, it was taken from them). Classy from the team that always prides itself on being a fun and light hearted place to catch the nostalgia of the American pastime. Loveable losers, of the awe-schucks variety...yea right.

3. The ovations for Barrett who physically assaulted another person....cold cocked a person from behind while holding them....very macho. Yeah, they may have ridden us for the Ligue's, but they have CELEBRATED a similiar action.

and how do the Sox get it back....AJ hits the homer, top of the 9th and 2 outs. PRICELESSSSS with a Jock Strap Jones flip to seal the deal. AJ, you are my freaking hero and the man...KEEP IT UP, baby.

TAKE THAT, YOU JAGS!!!!!!!

MRM
07-01-2006, 06:39 PM
"May as well forfeit...." Overexaggerate much? Buehrle sucks, and we cannot possibly beat the Cubs, if he doesn't get the inside part of the plate?

It wasn't an exaggeration in response to your suggestion. You want a pre-game warning to "keep anyone from getting hurt" because the other guy is a loose cannon.

The point is that Buehrle is a finesse pitcher who needs to use the whole plate to be effective. A pre-game warning hurts HIM much more than it does Zambrano. Why on earth would you want to give the Cubs pitcher (who is pretty damn good, BTW) the advantage?

That said, it might be a good idea for A.J. to borrow Barry Bonds body armour tomorrow :D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 06:39 PM

Uncle Lou needs a new eye doctor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I missed that one.It must have happened when I had
my tv on "MUTE".It was a good day for that plan of action.

TheOldRoman
07-01-2006, 06:41 PM

My point is, if they are going to wait until this guy plunks someone and then issue warnings against both benches--which seems to be the pattern lately--there seem to be only a few options:
2) the umps agree to let each team have a free plunk, which hasn't happened yet; or
3) pre-game warnings.

Zambrano IS a loose cannon, and I would hate to see him get a "free plunk" against any of our guys.
The Sox have to play the game straight. If Buehrle goes out and plunks the first guy, he might get tossed right away, considering the Sox are "loose cannons" and "instigators". If we hit anyone, it has to be Zambrano. He deserves it more than anyone else. However, I wouldn't plunk him until we had the game well in hand, and weren't shooting ourselves in the foot if Mark is tossed. It would have to be late in the game, with the Sox up. Knowing that, Zambrano would be lifted for a pinch hitter, anyway.
If we are hit first and warned, I would go after Ramirez late in the game, but only if we are up by a lot.

MRM
07-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Uncle Lou needs a new eye doctor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I missed that one.It must have happened when I had
my tv on "MUTE".It was a good day for that plan of action.

That was the worst job of preparing to announce a game I've ever seen. Why they put Pinnella on nationally televised games is beyond me. I kept waiting for him to say "Holy Cow", "this buds for you", then slur "Cubs Win" after AJ's homer :D:

OzzieBall
07-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Everyone,

Got lucky to get two tickets to the game from a friend, and ended up in the bleachers.

The scrub fans post-AJ's hr were just out of control. It was drunk idiocy,and they were pretty terrible. For the most part there was little fighting and poor behavior, but they just seemed to be pissed with their team for blowing another win.

Love to go tomorrow. Fun to see two of the better arms in baseball go after each other.

Go Sox,
Will

GregoryEtc
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/CXC107070118_lower.jpg

AJ as he punches 30,000 Cub fans in the face.

russ99
07-01-2006, 06:57 PM

3) pre-game warnings.

Speaking of the strike zone, what the heck was that today? I understand the "Maddux zone" and of course don't approve, but then the rest of the Cub pitchers were getting that ridiculoulsly wide zone the rest of the game too. Umps better call it fair tomorrow.

I'd love to see the Sox spot 4 or 5 on Zambozo in the first tomorrow to get those psycho wheels spinning. If he tries something, there's always Brian Anderson who'd give that clown the beating he deserves.

I'd personally love to see the thing that caused the Cub-Astro beanball war a few years ago - hit a Cub when winning in the bottom of the ninth. That way the idiots have to wait a year to do something stupid in return.

Hopefully, Dusty won't be fired anytime soon, I want the comedy to continue! :tongue:

MarySwiss
The Sox have to play the game straight. If Buehrle goes out and plunks the first guy, he might get tossed right away, considering the Sox are "loose cannons" and "instigators". If we hit anyone, it has to be Zambrano. He deserves it more than anyone else. However, I wouldn't plunk him until we had the game well in hand, and weren't shooting ourselves in the foot if Mark is tossed. It would have to be late in the game, with the Sox up. Knowing that, Zambrano would be lifted for a pinch hitter, anyway.
If we are hit first and warned, I would go after Ramirez late in the game, but only if we are up by a lot.

Well, that is kind of my point. This is a much worse situation for the Sox than for the Cubs.

I'm not advocating anyone plunking anyone, but when you consider Zambozo's mercurial attitude and his penchant for taking offense at anyone who looks at him sideways and add to that the fact that this is the last time these two teams meet this season--well, unless the rest of the NL suddenly shuts down--I would be extremely surprised if tomorrow's game passed without incident.

And I hope I'm extremely surprised. We have much more to lose than they do.

MRM

LOL, and Cubs fans thought they hated him BEFORE this game. They better sweep those building across Waveland for snipers before tomorrows game. :smile:

russ99
07-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, that is kind of my point. This is a much worse situation for the Sox than for the Cubs.

I'm not advocating anyone plunking anyone, but when you consider Zambozo's mercurial attitude and his penchant for taking offense at anyone who looks at him sideways and add to that the fact that this is the last time these two teams meet this season--well, unless the rest of the NL suddenly shuts down--I would be extremely surprised if tomorrow's game passed without incident.

Great point. We don't need any of our guys injured or suspended over a stupid cub game. We got bigger fish to fry.

Shoeless_Jim
07-01-2006, 07:02 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!! yeah AJ

the announcers were summing up and thanking all the technical guys and then the next pitch he crushed it... NO DOUBT!!!!!!!

talk about clutch

goon
07-01-2006, 07:05 PM

post of the week.

Bill Naharodny
07-01-2006, 07:07 PM
we owe them one for plunking juan today.
and then half for unintentionally hitting AJ in the first game, so we'll round it up to 2. I say get crylos zambrano in the earhole and then Jacque in the hands

i hate jacque's home run trot. he runs like a little kid with an old sony cd player trying to keep it from skipping

He's a dope.

Lip Man 1
07-01-2006, 07:22 PM
When Bo Jackson hit that dramatic home run off the Mariners Dave Fleming in late September, 1993 to give the Sox the division title, Hawk Harrelson said...'it's a big moment, he's a big moment man...'

A.J. is quickly moving into that territory.

By the way this is now the 9th game the Sox have rallied to win when trailing in the 7th inning or later. They have blown eight games.

This is a far cry from earlier in the season when the ratio was eight blown, two rallied. Congrats to them!

So the Sox again have a chance to sweep away the Cubs. Let's hope the 6th time is a charm!!

Lip

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 07:46 PM
I'd personally love to see the thing that caused the Cub-Astro beanball war a few years ago - hit a Cub when winning in the bottom of the ninth. That way the idiots have to wait a year to do something stupid in return.

Hopefully, Dusty won't be fired anytime soon, I want the comedy to continue! :tongue:

That is pretty cowardly, if you ask me. It is not something Ozzie would ever do, that is for sure

riggs
07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
The petty Cub fans littering the field is one of the top news stories on Yahoo.

With the Cubs so close to winning, fans littered Wrigley Field with plastic bottles, cups, and other debris Saturday after A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-out, ninth-inning homer to send the White Sox to an 8-6 victory.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060701/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_wrigley_s_angry_fans

'59SOX'05
07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm dropping the -poulos from my last name and replacing it with -ski!

GregoryEtc
07-01-2006, 09:08 PM
This picture reminds me of those family portraits you get taken at JC Penney where the photographer inexplicably has everyone look off to the left. I always wondered what they're looking at... now we know.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4575&d=1151805895

Realist
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM

He probably only punched 15,000 in the face. The rest of the fans got high fives. :cool:

Wsoxmike59
07-01-2006, 09:31 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img9536360.jpg

He probably only punched 15,000 in the face. The rest of the fans got high fives. :cool:

You're right, thanks for "pointing" that out. :D:

Grzegorz
07-01-2006, 10:01 PM
I would be extremely surprised if tomorrow's game passed without incident.

That is why the White Sox should not instigate. Why lose a guy to suspension when the rest of the season looks to be a bar room brawl?

IlliniSox4Life
07-01-2006, 10:11 PM
That is why the White Sox should not instigate. Why lose a guy to suspension when the rest of the season looks to be a bar room brawl?

I agree. I read on ESPN.com that this is just the second time that two teams from the same league started 49-26 or better after 75 games (we were 49-26, they were 50-25. the other time being in 1930 I believe). That it is occurring within a division race could truly be historic.

cws05champ
07-01-2006, 10:20 PM
The petty Cub fans littering the field is one of the top news stories on Yahoo.

With the Cubs so close to winning, fans littered Wrigley Field with plastic bottles, cups, and other debris Saturday after A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-out, ninth-inning homer to send the White Sox to an 8-6 victory.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060701/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_wrigley_s_angry_fans

I think the grounds crew that were picking up the trash picked up Jacque Jones, mistaking him for trash. Oh wait, may they should have taken him off the field...I bet one of those plastic cups could hit a cut off man!

digdagdug23
07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
My nephew and his family are yuge Cubs fans, and went to a game last week. We were discussing the behavior of the fans at the game this afternoon, and he said that their family was disgusted by the behavior of people in the stands. From throwing things onto the field, to swearing and jeering at players, and the way that others cheering for the opposing team were treated.

He said it would be a very long time before they went to a game again, if they went at all.

I swear I read this whole thread, and I did not see it mentioned, so if I need glasses please forgive. Did anyone else see the beat-down the Pirates put on the Tigs? I feel much better ( a little, but not much) losing a close game to them, with a lot of our starters out than losing 9-2. Youch, and YAY!!! 1.5 games out and counting!

FarWestChicago
07-01-2006, 10:48 PM
How about Gload?

AJ has hit homeruns before. Dye routinely gets base hits. But Gload is the one who went and performed far above his head today in the top of the 9th.OK, you've finally gone too far and have ceased being funny. See you after the season.

LongLiveFisk
07-01-2006, 10:59 PM

I agree, but I think there's no doubt that ******* Zambrano is going to plunk someone. He's a nutjob, and the Cubs have nothing to play for this season anymore since they're so bad. Knowing this, he's just wacked enough to take pleasure in taking a Sox hitter (particularly AJ) out. Hopefully having some knowledge and/or remembrance of what took place at the Cell in May will prompt the umps to dish out warnings before the game starts. I don't want us instigating because we do have to stay focused and certainly have bigger fish to fry than these dolts, but at the same time it would be bullcrap to not be able to retaliate if they instigate again. I'd like to see Zambrano ejected instantly if one of our guys gets plunked. Enough of this **** already.

CaptainBallz
07-01-2006, 11:13 PM

For ****ing sure... Wrigley deserved every piece of that... see ya all there tomorrow....

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
OK, you've finally gone too far and have ceased being funny. See you after the season.

No, YOU are The Man! :thumbsup:

"Man don't need ta be eatin' all exotic and such. Just need a good NY Strip..."

"Or one a them Colossus Burgers..."

"Yeah! And definitely NO FISH!"

"MANLAW!!"

IronFisk
07-01-2006, 11:35 PM
About as poetic a victory as any could be written up!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! :)

Deuce
07-01-2006, 11:43 PM
OK, you've finally gone too far [Homefish] and have ceased being funny. See you after the season.:hawk

"He goofs up... you can ban him off the boooooooooooooard...YES!!!"

Vince
07-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Great game today!

If AJ or another sox player gets beaned tomorrow, hit Zambrano. It's pretty much the only thing I like about the NL rules - pitchers like Zambrano have to face the music. Otherwise, no need to play the beanball game.

SOXfnNlansing
07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Odds that Zambrano hits AJ tomorrow? Might be easy money. I'd like to see us hit Jones, I am sick of the piece of crap, he always showboats and runs his mouth Doesn't Zambrano have to bat also?:wink:

DieTrying79
07-02-2006, 01:14 AM
I haven't jumped around like that since the post season...AJ, you ROCK!:cool:

itsnotrequired
07-02-2006, 01:58 AM
OK, you've finally gone too far and have ceased being funny. See you after the season.

:rolling:

IJay22
07-02-2006, 04:04 AM
I love being a Sox fan :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/full.getty-57209321jd010_chicago_white_5_02_53_pm.jpg

ArkanSox
07-02-2006, 10:53 AM
I was disappointed that I couldn't watch the game yesterday, since it was on Fox and out of my area, BUT I sure have enjoyed reading about it today. As all of you, I was thrilled that AJ was able to retaliate against the Cubs where it matters most--on the scoreboard. Screw Bartlett, the Cubs, and the over abundance of classless idiots called their fans. One of them had the audacity to tell me he was proud of the cheap shot put on AJ. I loved his quote: "You never want to see fans throw stuff on the field," Pierzynski said. "It's dangerous for the players and the fans. I just hope I don't get fined again for inciting the crowd."
GO SOX

cheeses_h_rice
07-02-2006, 11:22 AM
This picture reminds me of those family portraits you get taken at JC Penney where the photographer inexplicably has everyone look off to the left. I always wondered what they're looking at... now we know.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4575&d=1151805895

My new sig -- thanks!