PDA

View Full Version : Pudge

Oblong
07-01-2006, 04:26 PM
What's the feeling among White Sox fans about Fisk? As a Tige fan growing up he was one of my favorite non Tigers, along with Brett and Youtn. I always thought of him as a White Sox instead of a Red Sox guy due to my age but when he went into the HOF with th Boston had I sort of understood since he's from New England.

Is he still around in Chicago? I tried to look for some Fisk stuff when I was there a few years ago. Is there a statue or anything?

StillMissOzzie
07-01-2006, 04:36 PM
What's the feeling among White Sox fans about Fisk? As a Tige fan growing up he was one of my favorite non Tigers, along with Brett and Youtn. I always thought of him as a White Sox instead of a Red Sox guy due to my age but when he went into the HOF with the Boston had I sort of understood since he's from New England.

Is he still around in Chicago? I tried to look for some Fisk stuff when I was there a few years ago. Is there a statue or anything?

Fisk still lives in the SW suburbs of Chicago, and yes, he now has a statue on the lower level concourse in CF.

SMO
:gulp:

LongLiveFisk
07-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I like him.

Real surprise, huh? :wink: :D:

Oblong
07-01-2006, 05:15 PM
As much as it's a cliche, he played the game right. The whole thing with Deion Sanders was a classic. Showed his respect for the game. He was as upset that he was disprespecting the yankee tradition as well as the game itself.

Chips
07-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I love Fisk.

After Canseco, he was favorite ballplayer as a kid.

Daver
07-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Fisk lives about 5 miles from me.

MadetoOrta
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I loved the homer at Fenway in his first game for the Sox. Calling Deon Sanders out for not running out a grounder makes him one for the ages. A true throwback. Gamer. Thanks Pudge!

CashMan
07-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Fisk, lives in Lockport, right?

Daver
07-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Fisk, lives in Lockport, right?

Not any more, he moved a little further south to New Lenox Township.

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I totalled my Cutlass not very far from his old place back in 1983. Took out a utility pole near 143rd & Bell Rd.

The Will County Sheriff asked me what happened. I said "I dunno. I came flying over those railroad tracks and I just lost it." He said, "Son, there ain't no railroad tracks within 3 miles of here!"

He could have nailed me for DUI and I don't know why he didn't. I was very lucky!

Alcohol and driving DO NOT MIX!

Tiger23
07-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I totalled my Cutlass not very far from his old place back in 1983. Took out a utility pole near 143rd & Bell Rd.

The Will County Sheriff asked me what happened. I said "I dunno. I came flying over those railroad tracks and I just lost it." He said, "Son, there ain't no railroad tracks within 3 miles of here!"

He could have nailed me for DUI and I don't know why he didn't. I was very lucky!

Alcohol and driving DO NOT MIX!

Haha. Thats a good story. The police handle those situations a little different these days.

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Haha. Thats a good story. The police handle those situations a little different these days.

The odd thing is that my car slid through the wet grass and slammed into the pole rear-end first, totally bending the fuel tank, which was nearly full. Why it did not explode is anyone's guess. The good Lord was definitely with me that night, especially as I was driving off the road I nearly took out a Lincoln with 7 people in it that was coming from the opposite direction...

Oblong
07-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm surprised that he still lives there. NOt that there's anything wrong with Chicago or the midwest but he struck me as a farming kind of guy so I just figured he'd go back east and play with cows, horses, pigs, etc.

Whenever I think of Fisk I think of that time he tagged out the two guys at the plate. He had to swing back to get the other runner.

Lip Man 1
07-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Fisk was one of the finest guys to ever wear the Sox uniform. A total professional who respected the game and demanded his teammates respect it just as much as he did.

Read the WSI interviews with teammates like Donn Pall and Jack McDowell and you'll understand how highly regarded his was.

Lip

Daver
07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm surprised that he still lives there. NOt that there's anything wrong with Chicago or the midwest but he struck me as a farming kind of guy so I just figured he'd go back east and play with cows, horses, pigs, etc.

Whenever I think of Fisk I think of that time he tagged out the two guys at the plate. He had to swing back to get the other runner.

The midwest has no farms?

Oblong
07-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Does he have a farm where he's at? I don't know that area. Then I wouldn't be surprised. I just assumed that's where he went. I saw him on one of those Sportscentury things and they were interviewing him and it looked like he was on a ranch of some type in an area with hills.

I also guess it's possile he has two homes.

No big deal.

gbergman
07-01-2006, 10:40 PM
damn Daver thats quite the commute if you work in Chicago but live out near new lenox

Daver
07-01-2006, 11:02 PM
damn Daver thats quite the commute if you work in Chicago but live out near new lenox

I am on the job at 6 AM, the traffic is rather light at 5:00 in the morning, I can make it downtown in 40 minutes.

gbergman
07-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I am on the job at 6 AM, the traffic is rather light at 5:00 in the morning, I can make it downtown in 40 minutes.
6 wow, we arent allowed to make noise till 7 am out here in cali. but my work is residential so maybe thats why. Soon as that happens bags are on