PDA

View Full Version : BLAST over Barrett

awesomefan
07-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I hope the Sox get a chance to bowl over Michael Barrett at homeplate sometime in the next 2 games. Hopefully they can bash him good a couple times each game.:angry:

Ozzie won't have to tell them to do it & I think they will do it themselves & hopefully AJ is the one that hits him the hardest.:tongue:

I do like & agree with the way the Sox like Joe Crede are sliding to the outside & sticking there hand in to tag homeplate....makes a lot smaller object to tag.:cool:

Does anyone agree with me on this????

voodoochile
07-01-2006, 12:57 PM
AJ and Barrett shook hands and made nice. Why would you want to restart this feud? I mean with the flubs in 5th and falling and the Sox in a dogfight for the division, why risk injury and suspensions?

If they have to knock him over, they should, but they shouldn't go looking for reasons to do so.

Is Barrett paying you rent for the space in your head he is living in?:?:

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 01:03 PM
AJ and Barrett shook hands and made nice.

They shook hands, but did they make nice? I didn't get that impression from Barrett's comments. He couldn't even say that it was over.

Barrett punched A.J. right in the mouth while holding A.J.'s arms down. Anything that happens to him, he's got coming. If there's a close play at the plate, he should get bowled over.

voodoochile
07-01-2006, 01:10 PM
They shook hands, but did they make nice? I didn't get that impression from Barrett's comments. He couldn't even say that it was over.

Barrett punched A.J. right in the mouth while holding A.J.'s arms down. Anything that happens to him, he's got coming. If there's a close play at the plate, he should get bowled over.

Who knows if they made nice. They were friends in spring training - AJ said as much. If they can be friends again, why would we care?

No, I don't know for a fact that they made nice and neither do you. Personally, I would prefer not to speculate that it was a hollow meaningless gesture which seems silly given their history before the fight, but you dan if you want to. I just don't see the point in letting this go any further. The Sox have WAY bigger things to worry about than Michael Barret and the flubbies.

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 01:15 PM
If Barrett wants to block the plate, he should get flattened. I hope he does.

HomeFish
07-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Here's a better idea:

Everytime Barret tries to catch the ball, we should instead hit it with a bat in a manner such that the ball ends up in fair territory, does not reach any base before a Sox runner running towards that base does, and is not caught before it touches the ground.

That should show him.

Johnny Mostil
07-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Here's a better idea:

Everytime Barret tries to catch the ball, we should instead hit it with a bat in a manner such that the ball ends up in fair territory, does not reach any base before a Sox runner running towards that base does, and is not caught before it touches the ground.

That should show him.

Um, yeah. What he said.

(And what VC said as well.)

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 07:01 PM

That should show him.

I agree. And during the course of one of those hits, if Barrett tries to block the plate while a Sox runner is trying to score, the Sox runner should do the same thing to Barrett that A.J. did to him.

russ99
07-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I think AJ got enough of a payback in the 9th inning today! :D:

I wanna see them take out Zambozo tomorrow, hopefully we'll be winning 8-0 at the time.

MrRoboto83
07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I think AJ got enough of a payback in the 9th inning today! :D:

I wanna see them take out Zambozo tomorrow, hopefully we'll be winning 8-0 at the time.

"The Head Case" will loose it after the Sox take him deep.

Frater Perdurabo
07-01-2006, 09:33 PM
"The Head Case" will loose it after the Sox take him deep.

If gets pissy and starts throwing at Sox players - especially AJ - the Sox bench ought to come out to the mound armed with burlap bags filled with baseballs and give Zambrano a once-over. Tube socks filled with cue balls work, too.
:redneck