PDA

View Full Version : Arvia Gives Barrett a "Hit" & A.J. an "Error"

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 11:33 AM
In today's Southtown, in Phil Arvia's "Sox-Cubs Scoreboard", he gives Michelle Barrett a "Hit" saying he apologized and shook hands with A.J before the game. But did he?

Barrett never said he apologized. In fact, when asked by reporters after the game if the the matter between him and A.J. was over, all he said was, "Um, you know, um, as I said, I really don't want to elaborate."

A.J. never said Barrett apologized either. The only one who said anything about a possible apology was Ozzie, and all he said was it takes a man to apologize.

Arvia goes on to give A.J. an "Error", saying, "Pierzynski spoke too soon earlier in the day, when he said of Barrett, 'I respect him as a catcher ... But as far as what he did in that incident, I can't really respect that.'"

What's wrong with A.J.'s statement, Phil? He was being very gracious to Michelle by saying he respects him at all after being assaulted for no reason like that. Is he supposed to say he respects what Barrett did to him as well???

Barrett never apologized to A.J. up to that point (and there's no statement that he ever did even after that), but even if Barrett had publicly apologized for his physical assault, A.J.'s comments would still be appropriate.

Arvia, you're a ***.

TheOldRoman
07-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Arvia is a true piece of human garbage. That piece of **** looks like a bloated, beatnik version of Dan Aykroyd. He knows nothing about sports, but he continually shoves his ignorant, elitist bull**** in the face of the Southtown's 14 daily readers. It is even better because he never fails to throw is enlightened political views into his columns. Arvia shows why the Southtown is not a legitimate newspaper.
Phil, if you are reading this, go **** yourself you slimeball.

Palehose13
07-01-2006, 01:01 PM
In today's Southtown, in Phil Arvia's "Sox-Cubs Scoreboard", he gives Michelle Barrett a "Hit" saying he apologized and shook hands with A.J before the game. But did he?

In the picture that has been posted, it looks to me like A.J. is the one who went up to Barrett and initiated the handshake yesterday. But hey, A.J. is such an evil guy he would never do anything like that.

I think the media needs to go back and take a look at all of Barrett's incidents and maybe it will be clear who the real ******* is, not that his punch at home plate would be enough.

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 05:57 PM
I think the media needs to go back and take a look at all of Barrett's incidents and maybe it will be clear who the real ******* is, not that his punch at home plate would be enough.

How about it. Barrett gets a free pass from tthe media yet A.J. is villified by even the "hometown" media.

But A.J. got his revenge today in the best way possible! :gulp:

Frater Perdurabo
07-01-2006, 08:50 PM
This whole A.J. - Barrett drama has demonstrated once and for all just how much of a steaming pile of biased dromedary dung the vast majority of the media has become.

Anyone who claims that the media is not biased in favor of the Cubs is either:

a. blind, deaf and dumb

b. full of dung themselves

mccoydp
07-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Michelle? A female plays catcher for the Cubs?

Palehose13
07-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Nice catch. Funny how you (as in me and others) skim over words and assume that they are correct when they are close enough.

DickAllen72
07-01-2006, 09:50 PM

:rolleyes:

skobabe8
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Nice catch. Funny how you (as in me and others) skim over words and assume that they are correct when they are close enough.

I dont think it was a typo.