PDA

View Full Version : Dunn's walk-off slam

Dan Mega
07-01-2006, 10:08 AM
I heard about it so I had to see it.
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cin

Indians let the Reds load the bases then give up a granny to Dunn to lose it. This is just how their season has gone all year. Incredible.

infohawk
07-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. I have to say that I am stunned by the decline of the Indians. I can understand why, from a personnel standpoint, they aren't as good as last year. I don't understand why they have played this poorly.:o:

On some level I kind of empathize with their frustrated and angry fans. I mean, who really saw this coming?

SBSoxFan
07-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. I have to say that I am stunned by the decline of the Indians. I can understand why, from a personnel standpoint, they aren't as good as last year. I don't understand why they have played this poorly.:o:

On some level I kind of empathize with their frustrated and angry fans. I mean, who really saw this coming?

I think a lot of people, while not predicting it, aren't surprised based on the pitching they brought to the table. That just won't cut it in the AL central. For the same reason, it's hard to see them going on a run like the last 2 years.

CHISOXFAN13
07-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I think a lot of people, while not predicting it, aren't surprised based on the pitching they brought to the table. That just won't cut it in the AL central. For the same reason, it's hard to see them going on a run like the last 2 years.

In addition, Cleveland may have the worst defense in the league, particularly up the middle with the exception of Sizemore.

They also dealt Eduardo Perez before the start of the game, so it appears they have given up on the season.

Corlose 15
07-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Does anyone else think George(?) Grande is a crappy announcer?

SBSoxFan
07-01-2006, 11:00 AM
In addition, Cleveland may have the worst defense in the league, particularly up the middle with the exception of Sizemore.

They also dealt Eduardo Perez before the start of the game, so it appears they have given up on the season.

You're right. And they moved their catcher to first base because, I would assume, he can't throw. With several of these guys locked up long term will they be able to move anyone?

TheOldRoman
07-01-2006, 11:12 AM

Are you kidding? It's not even close, the Red Sox have the worst defense.
Manny, Nixon, Lowell, a LF in CF, a mediocre Varitek, and more crap at first. Oh wait, ESPN has been raving that they are the best defense ever because they dont make errors.:rolleyes:

WWE Champion
07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Does anyone else think George(?) Grande is a crappy announcer?
As a former resident of Cincinnati, I agree that George Grande is terrible. He'll best be remembered for his pathetic call of Griffey's 500th home run, which was a long "Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy!!!" as the ball went flying out of the park. And that was it. He was scorned by just about everybody after that one.

JUribe1989
07-01-2006, 12:01 PM
That was one of the best games in MLB this year, and maybe the best.

Jjav829
07-01-2006, 01:12 PM

They dealt Perez and brought up Ryan Garko, who could be their 1B of the future depending on what they choose to do with Victor Martinez. I don't think they are giving up, rather hoping that bringing up some of their good, young prospects will give them a boost while helping to develop these guys for next year. It's the same reason they got rid of Jason Johnson to call up Jeremy Sowers and the same reason they will probably deal Aaron Boone sometime this season to give Andy Marte his chance.

Fuller_Schettman
07-01-2006, 06:50 PM
The Jndians just strike me as a team full of slackers. Like Belliard. And Peralta. They just tend to suck even harder when things don't go their way.