PDA

View Full Version : I'm never going to wrigley again

stacksedwards
06-30-2006, 10:31 PM
I thought it might have been nice to go to a Cubs Sox game at Wrigley. Wrong. I had decent seats Sec 201 Row 1. I sat next to some of the dumbest sons of guns I have ever heard talk. Let me illustrate how dumb and turd like these guys were.

1) Chanting Overrated when Paulie came to the plate
2) Claiming all Sox fans are both crack heads and gay
3) Calling all Sox fans bandwagon fans
4) picking fights with season ticket holders who wher cubs fans

This coupled with the fact that I sat and drank beers with Sean Salsbury from 10 to 1 just made my experience terrible.

Also you cant get anything good to eat there. 40 year old hot dogs and fake Kosher dogs just dont cut it.

HomeFish
06-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Wait, Cub fans are stupid and the food at Wrigley sucks?

What groundbreaking findings! Get started on your Nobel acceptance speech.

LongLiveFisk
06-30-2006, 11:01 PM
1) Chanting Overrated when Paulie came to the plate
Maybe they should chant this when Mark Prior takes the mound.
2) Claiming all Sox fans are both crack heads and gay
It takes one to know one.
3) Calling all Sox fans bandwagon fans
Pot meet kettle. Wrigley Field would go back to the Lee Elia days of 3,000 fans without bandwagoners.
4) picking fights with season ticket holders who wher cubs fans
Fighting their own kind. If this isn't the epitome of "stupid" then I can't imagine what is.

:rolleyes:
Just wanted to add my two cents to your post there.

mrs. hendu
07-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I thought it might have been nice to go to a Cubs Sox game at Wrigley. Wrong.
I can so relate - went last years for one crosstown game and that was ENOUGH.

tick53
07-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I went to a cubs / SOX game a few years ago. Sox lost that one and the cub fans were relentless towards me. Never again shall I grace the unfriendly confines of that hole.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Worst I got (last year) was "Sox suck." Some guy said it to me while I was waiting for the trough. I ignored him because the White Sox were in the middle of a hot run for the playoffs.

sullythered
07-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Personally, I wish inter-league play would just go away.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
fake Kosher dogs just dont cut it.

As a Jew,I can tell you that Hebrew National hot dogs are far from fake.
But the best kosher hot dogs still reside on 35th St.Nothing beats a Best.

21stcenturySox
07-01-2006, 06:11 PM
You are correct sir, I'm stuck behind the cheddar curtain and all they've got is the Hebrew National KD.

I am missing The Best Kosher dogs terribly

CashMan
07-01-2006, 07:09 PM
If Paulie is Overrated, what does say about the pitcher who gave up his HR?

34 Inch Stick
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I did not make it to Wrigley this year, however I have gone many times. I have always had an enjoyable experience. I have gone to die hard Cub bars such as Bernie's with a Sox jersey on and never had a problem.

DrCrawdad
07-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Wait, Cub fans are stupid and the food at Wrigley sucks?

What groundbreaking findings! Get started on your Nobel acceptance speech.

HomeFish, you are a Cub fan. The first step is to admit it...

DumpJerry
07-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Come on, all Sox fans should know by now that we're spoiled when it comes to ballpark food. Comiskey is consistently rated #1 in MLB by those who get to most of the parks (press corps). I knew heading into Friday's game I would not be in for any culinary treats.

As far as calling out Paulie, so what? That's part of going to the game instead of staying at home and watching it on the television. Haven't you ever been to a Sox game where someone sitting near you heckled the star opposing player? Why get upset if someone says Paulie is overrated?

Getting into fights with his own, now that's a novel experience! Only a Cub fan with too many :gulp: would do that. What was the fight about?

Pierzynski 12
07-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Wrigley Field is a dump.

whitesoxwin
07-03-2006, 02:49 PM
I REALLY hate going to the "Urinal" and here are a couple reasons:

TWO GAMES in a row at that park is tooooo much.
Cub fans thought they won the world series Sunday...The same Cub fans who the day before were wearing bags on their heads (remember: Fire Dusty)
Cub fans (by the 9th I was in the smoking area...Friendly Cafe) on Sunday were waiting for the "bomb" to hit when the Sox had 2 on....and with 2 outs...started screaming "Sox Suck" after the final out.
Cub fans (around 20 or 21 yrs old...I'm 50) talking smack about all their Knowledge (sic...) of baseball and the Flubs with my wife...who by the way did a little slamming herself...but she allowed me to nail the coffin with: "When you get some grey hair, learn to read and do the math (standings), then come back and talk your B.S."
No Miller Beer (except their Stadium Club..thank God!)
Watching on T.V.:the idiot putting a Sox homerun ball in his pocket and grabbing a ball from his buddy....then throwing it on the field (followed by the ceremonial cell phone call)....on National T.V. Saturday..I had my small portable T.V. with me.
Finally...Santo singing "Take me out to the ball game"...geeeshhhh!

miker
07-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Worst I got (last year) was "Sox suck." Some guy said it to me while I was waiting for the trough. I ignored him because the White Sox were in the middle of a hot run for the playoffs.
You should have turned and looked right at him before you were "finished."

slavko
07-05-2006, 01:04 PM
As a Jew,I can tell you that Hebrew National hot dogs are far from fake.
But the best kosher hot dogs still reside on 35th St.Nothing beats a Best.

Not to be a kindasewer of hotdogs or anything, but all Chicago-based kosher dogs (like Best) are better than all kosher dogs based anywhere else (like Hebrew National) because the ones from here are more like Polish sausage, spicier and juicier, possibly because the original makers were imitating the kielbasa of their Polish homeland. What passes for a kosher dog in New York can't touch the ones from Chi.

PatK
07-05-2006, 01:25 PM
The Cubs/Sox series always brings out the idiots- the worst fans from either team, if you ask me.

Uncle_Patrick
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I have been to 4 Cubs/Sox games in my life, 2 the Sox won, 2 they lost, and both times the Sox lost (despite winning the season series both times) the Cubs fans acted like they'd just swept the Sox. I find it amusing. One year, as my brother and I were leaving the sell, this Cubs fan comes up to us and says "Yeah, where's loser-ville? Right here," and points to the Cell. I said, "You guys lost 2 out of 3, pal."

I went to Wrigley on Sunday with my friend (a Sox fan) and his friend (a Cubs fan). The funny thing was, as we were leaving, a female Cubs fan pats my friend's friend on the shoulder. Now, this guy is wearing a Cubs 2003 Division Series Hat and a plain gray t-shirt. So, she pats this guy on the shoulder and says "Hey, too bad about your White Sox." My friend and I were laughing our asses off at that one. Another guy, a Cubs fan, comes up to my friend, who is wearing a Crede jersey, and says "Yeah, what did Crede do today, huh?" My friend says, "Sorry, he only hit a home run." Hilarious. We were sitting in the bleachers, too, where the IQ's are extra low.

I agree that this series can bring out the worst on both sides, but at least know what you're talking about when you're trying to rip on people.

North Sox Sider
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Here is another Idiot example:
I was sitting in section 228 on Sunday and this punk kid behind me just started to heckle Jim Thome. Jim Thome?? How would anyone in there right mind heckle him?? Anyways, he was calling for him to strike out as usual and then go get a cheeseburger. Well i think we know what he did. He hit the 2 run homer off of Z and the kid never said a word again. Even the cub fans around him just started to laugh at him after Big Jim hit the homer.

Chicken Dinner
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Enough Already.

spiffie
07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Enough Already.
Do you have some sort of web spider written to find any thread about going to Wrigley and have it auto post this sort of reply, or do you actually slog through all of these threads you obviously hate just so you can keep posting this sort of thing over and over again?

MYBOYAJ
07-08-2006, 12:46 AM
You know, going to Wrigley is somewhat masochistic. It's a form of self mutilation.

The good thing about it is it feels soooo good once you stop.

FedEx227
07-08-2006, 01:00 AM
The Cubs/Sox series always brings out the idiots- the worst fans from either team, if you ask me.

No doubt, that's why every year I have absolutely no desire to attend any of the games at either field.