PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Weaver demoted in favor of Jered Weaver

SABRSox
06-30-2006, 07:38 PM
And there is much rejoicing:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/abox/article_1198906.php

beckett21
06-30-2006, 07:47 PM
That should make for interesting dinner conversation in the Weaver household. :D:

Seriously, if that is what they were going to do, they should have done it in the first place. Why they sent Jered back down anyway is beyond me. :?:

tigersfan25
06-30-2006, 09:26 PM
The scary thing is that there are still Tiger fans who are upset that Weaver was traded... :rolleyes:

DSpivack
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
The scary thing is that there are still Tiger fans who are upset that Weaver was traded... :rolleyes:

Didn't the White Sox originally draft Jeff Weaver but he wanted too much money?

tigersfan25
06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Didn't the White Sox originally draft Jeff Weaver but he wanted too much money?
That is correct... the White Sox did orginally draft Jeff.

SABRSox
06-30-2006, 10:10 PM
That should make for interesting dinner conversation in the Weaver household. :D:

Seriously, if that is what they were going to do, they should have done it in the first place. Why they sent Jered back down anyway is beyond me. :?:
I didn't agree with the move, but Scioscia, as I understand it, was trying to give Jeff a final chance to redeem himself and pitch up to his capabilities. Honestly, he did string together a streak of 7 QS in a row. He was pitching a lot better until his last start. But Jered was dominating in his 4 starts, albeit against some pretty lame competition. Still, he won all 4 games, and deserved a spot.

The guy that should've gone was Escobar. They need to move him back to the pen.

But hey, I'm happy. Jered Weaver is back in the bigs, and my fantasy roster desperately needed him back.